Prien am Chiemsee

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Used SKI and Snowboards

Munich Yesterday

Where and how can I buy used SKI & Snobwoard Stuff near Munich? in Germany. I need bunch of stuff. like about a dozen of ski pairs and several snowboards and also a skiing equipment

• Restaurant reccommendation

Munich Nov 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM

I have 11 people coming to Munich for the 1st weekend of the Christmas markets. I need to find a restaurant for the Saturday night that could accommodate 12 ladies, either Thai, Vietnamese or Italian in Schwabing or in Sendling tor. I would like the restaurant to near the atmosphere of these areas and close to bars afterwards. Can anyone recommend a place that will take reservation got 12 person. Thanks

• DaveSamaroo's Profile Photo

Hotel Sorat vs Burghotel

Nürnberg Nov 5, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Dear Forum, we will be in Nuremberg for Christmas Market Dec 17th - 22nd, family of 5 with 3 kids 8, 10 and 13. We are trying to decide between Hotel Sorat and Burghotel. Both have great reviews. Hotel Sorat is closer to Xmas market and modern but offers only separate rooms while Burghotel offers 3 bedroom apartment living so everyone together.

Just wondering if anyone has hand-on experience with both to help break the deadlock. Thanks

• lynclarke's Profile Photo

Free walking tours of Wurzburg

Würzburg Oct 28, 2015 at 12:40 AM

Last minute decision to go to Wurzburg this coming weekend. Are there any free walking tours? Do we need to book ahead?

• Tips for visiting "Neuschwanstein Castle"!

Munich Nov 23, 2015 at 4:56 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Marbach am Heckar on Dec. 3, 2015 and stay there for the night. We plan to leave the city in the afternoon of Dec. 4, 2015. Originally we plan to take the train from Marbach to Munich, trying to find a hotel near Marienplatz. Then we plan to join a day tour on Dec. 5, 2015 to visit Neuschwanstein Castle. We will be leaving Munich on Dec. 6, 2-015 and back to USA. I was just thinking whether we can take the train to the nearest hotel close Neuschwanstein Castle and stay there for the night. Then visit Neuschwanstein Castle for the morning and catch a train to get to Munich, Germany. Can any one suggest traveling ideas for our trip? Which way will be better to do? We don't speak German. If we rent a car, we are not familiar with the road and signs. So renting a car can be very challenging. Also, can you suggest what hotel to stay near "Neuschwanstein Castle" and hotels to stay in Munich, maybe close to Marienplatz? or good location that we can get a glimpse of Munich night life in the evening of Dec. 4 or Dec. 5, 2015?  Thank you in advance.   

• Pub crawl munich

Munich Nov 16, 2015 at 1:38 PM

We're interested in going for a pub crawl while in Munich in December. Can some one suggest some options pls? Cos I couldn't find a lot regarding this.

Trains from Munich to Salzburg

Munich Nov 3, 2015 at 6:51 AM

Hi we (family of 5, kids 8, 10 and 13) are planning a trip to Nuremberg in Dec and plan to take train to Salzburg as well. From my research I will have to take a train in Munich to get to Salzburg. One of my friends just came back from a trip to Salzburg and said "she heard" there are delays and over-crowding on German trains due to the migration issue.

Anyone had any experience with this to confirm or give a differing view?

Also is Nuremberg where there are the Xmas markets the same as Nurnberg? Nurnberg is what I am getting when searching for flights, not Nuremberg. Thanks in advance

• Help in planning for Munich and surrounding areas

Munich Nov 11, 2015 at 1:54 AM

I will be in Munich for 5 days in April 2016. I'll be traveling with my family (3 kids: 9 month,2yrs and 4 year old). Would love to see the surrounding of Bavarian Village/Countryside. My plan is to rent a car and drive. I wish to stay outskirt of Munich. Any area to stay for recommendation? My plan also if possible to include a day trip to either Salzburg or Innsbruck. I also hope to visit Ingolstadt Village Outlet , Allianz Arena & Neuschwanstein‎ Castle. Other than this I welcome any suggestions as long it is picturesque villages or routes which is along the way where I can stopby. Thank you in advance

Train Travel

Munich Nov 4, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Hi we are flying into Nuremberg for the Xmas markets and then one option is to travel by train from Nuremberg to Salzburg in Dec. There are 5 of us (with kids ages 8, 10 and 13) so at least 5 pieces of medium to large size luggage as you would check in a plane. Questions on this are:
      (a) What is the name or names of best trains to use from Germany to Austria.
      (b) is there anything like a family cabin or alternatively a first class section that can be booked
      © is there storage space for luggage on trains that would accomodate medium to large luggage. Overhead compartments will be too small
      (d) are there porters at stations to help with luggage as in an airport

If that does not look convenient or hassle-free I'll have to research flying! Thanks

• Munich in December 2015

Munich Oct 31, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Me and other 5 friends are travelling to Munich during the month of December for 7 days and we where planning some day trips to fill up our itinerary.
      We where planning to visit Berchtesgaden/ Eagle's Nest and while there also drop by to the Salt mines, do you think that's something doable in one day?
      Our second plan was to visit Rothenburg since we've heard it's quite a magnificent town. We've also been suggested to visit Regensburg/Mittenwald (Neuschwanstein Castle is out of the question since we've already been there).but we don't want to pack up our itinerary then miss the beauties of Munich.

What are your suggestions? Which places are worth a visit and how is the best/ cheapest way to travel to these locations, is it worth it to rent a car since we also need to travel from airport to Munich and back? We're big fans of Christmas markets and anything related to it so your suggestions would be mostly welcome :).

• beer fest

by rockhousestation Online Now May 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM

will there be any beer fest in the area (within 100 kilometers) during the week of 11 -17 June 2013

2 Answers May 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    • Train from Belfort, France to Prien, Bavaria

by SLOJIM Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 7:10 PM

What is the best train route from Belfort to Prien?

3 Answers Nov 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    • Train Station

by nraju Online Now Aug 25, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I would like to go to Rimsting from Linz by train.
      From Linz how i can travel by train and where to get down (station name)to go to Rimsting, Germany. Hope there are direct trains from Linz (austria) to Rimsting.
      Thanks for the help.

4 Answers Aug 25, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    • Ferry cost to Herren Island

by 43654855 Online Now May 20, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I have a group that will be visiting the area in May 2011. How many people can be accomodated on a ferry, and what is the cost? Can we make reservations for a whole motor coach full at one time?

1 Answer May 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

HOw to get to Ludwig's Castle from Munich

by volarevolare Online Now Jun 14, 2003 at 4:17 PM

Hi, I'm presently in Munich and as I've not really planned my holiday, I need some help in deciding where to go and what to see. Here, I've heard about Ludwig's castle in Chiemsee, so can anyone provide me detailed information about this place? HOw far is it from Munich? How do I get there on public transport? Is there anything else to see besides the castle? Is it a good place for a day trip given the time for travel and sight-seeing? Thanks! :) smiles, francesca

2 Answers Jun 16, 2003 at 5:00 PM