change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Pretoria

• Transport from Centurion station to Clubview

by LorraineHattingh Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM

My son is traveling from JHB to Centurion on the Gautrain but there is no buses that travellers from the station to Clubview where is Tech is. Do you know of any other transport he could take even taxis.

• Restaurant with entertainment like belly dancing and plate smashing

by Twixx Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Looking for a restaurant, not necessarily live music, or with combination of one of above or both will do. Having belly dancing and e.g. plate smashing...nice 'viby' atmosphere, not the fine dining atmosphere this time. Must be in Pretoria, Centurion areas. Restaurant must be stylish and well maintained.

3 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    • Cab access from Pretoria CBD

by staceyh1 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Can I easily get a cab from motor coach terminal around Pretoria CBD where the Greyhound coach stops?

3 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    • Pretoria North to Tuks

by MasterJack7 Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Hi

I stay in Pretoria North - More specifically Brits road-Tileba. How can I use the Tswhane Bus serveice to get to Campus (Tuks) Lynwood rd and back, mon - fri?

• wabat's Profile Photo

Getting Around Pretoria

by wabat Online Now Dec 3, 2012 at 4:00 AM

I have very limited time - two days for Joburg/Pretoria (will visit Soweto separately). Re Pretoria I (2 of us) want to see Vorrtrekker, Freedom Park, Union Building and Church Square.

I am thinking to get early Gautain out from Sandton.. noting that Voortrekker
      opens 8am .....or do we go Hatfield and Gautrain bus to (close to) Union Buildings to start then Church Square then the other two??
      Hard to determine from map if one can walk to Freedom Park and thence
      Voortrekker from Pretoria station or if taxi etc is required.

What sequence would you suggest for above and how would you recommend getting between them ...

Many thanks

5 Answers Dec 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM
    • Tips Pretoria

by RicharddeHeus Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 4:32 AM

> Hello All

we (Richard, Henriet, and Juliusoure son of 2) are visiting south Africa in august.

In short
      we want to travel from:
      Johannesburg to Cape town by train
      And then from Cape town by rent a car allong the coast to Zwaziland, Kruger park Pretoria and back to Johannenburg.

We only have oure tickets and are still planning the trip.
      Where to stay and what to see.

which neighborhoods are safe to stay in ((good admosphere bars restaurant people on the street)
      Offcoure in every city there is crime, but we dont want to sit insite all day (that's not the way to see South Africa)

We could use some tips
      on nice places and safe to stay in these cities. could be private al we need is clean room an a double bed.

Where can we rent a car? maybe also a private one

tips on nice spots allong the route are also welcome.
      we don't have to visit al the tourist places.
      and it would be nice to interact with South Africans

we din't book a flight of 11 Hours to sit around the campfire with Dutch tourist haha

Are there thing that we beter bring from The Netherlands because they are expesive or hard to get? (daipers battery)

we lokking foward to youre response.

> Greeting and thanks Richard Henriet Julius

1 Answer Apr 27, 2012 at 5:40 AM
    • Transport from Bethlehem to Pretoria

by TransportEnquiries Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Does anyone know of transport from Bethlehem to Pretoria within the next day or two??

1 Answer Feb 28, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    • cheddah's Profile Photo

taxi to pretoria?

by cheddah Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Any idea how much a shuttle or taxi to pretoria will cost? Can anyone recommend a shuttle company and do these go door to door, airport to hotel?

2 Answers Jan 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    • Visiting Pretoria

by fkwong Online Now Nov 27, 2011 at 6:30 AM

Hi ....
      I will be visiting Pretoria in Jan 2012 flying in through Joburg int'/ airport

1. Plan to take Gautrain metro airport to Marboro then switch to the Marlboro station towards Hatfield. Read somewhere on the loney planet that the Metro Joburg-Pretoria is not safe
      Is this true?

2. What's a good alternative to the metro?

3. Please recommend a inexpensive but safe & clean place to stay near/walking distance to the Hatfield campus of University of Pretoria

Thanks
      Wong

5 Answers Dec 2, 2011 at 6:33 AM
    • Ask about Pretoria

by puspabs Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Hi All,,
      My name Puspa,,
      I will go to pretoria this month,,,
      I plan to stay in pretoria for 2 months,,
      and I need place for that time,,
      does anyone know the best and the cheapest place I can get??

btw, I work near schoeman st. so hopefully I can get place near there..

thanks...

9 Answers Nov 23, 2011 at 5:04 AM
    • Transit

by Sibs Online Now Oct 22, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Hey, I'm a student at the University of Pretoria and am currently resident in Hatfield. However, my dad recently got a place in Equestria and I'll be moving thereto. I was merely wondering what my various transit options will be for me to get to Hatfield from Equestria. I tried figuring a way via the Gautrain, but my efforts proved fruitless.

All answers are grately appreciated.

3 Answers Nov 24, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    • Safty in Pretoria

by niko23 Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Hi,
      I am young blond woman going to pretoria for business trip. I am just wondering if there is any crime related to skin color or if my look will attract any attention.
      Also there is lots of information in the internet about high level of murder, rape etc... I am not sure if that information relates to townships and doggy areas or is it generally like that everywhere. My question is how safe it really is and if I will not go out in the evening and stay in the group when being outside what is the risk of being attact in anyway.

Thanks
      Niko

2 Answers Oct 10, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    • Where to buy African drum

by renato4ka Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 3:50 AM

Hi does anyone know where to buy African drum in Pretoria?

Thanks a lot

1 Answer Dec 9, 2010 at 5:55 AM
    • Town lodge-Menlo park

by Xolantobs Online Now Apr 8, 2010 at 1:25 AM

rate per room

1 Answer Apr 8, 2010 at 8:58 PM
    • scotsman

by stumac Online Now Nov 9, 2009 at 2:01 AM

can anyone help?im thinking about coming to pretoria
      for a holiday after the world cup.
      i will be meeting up with my new girlfriend there
      so will not be using hotels.
      i will be there for around 3 weeks so any suggestions
      on how much i will need for spending?
      im not looking to go mad but will be visiting new frends
      and the odd night out.

stu the scotsman.

4 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    • Staying in pretoria

by Studentmove Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Hi i ll be moving to pretoria next month being a student and all and a foreigner i am very concerned about the crime rate and the public tranportation. Couls someone please advise me on the places to avoid? I will be staying and a girls christian hostel in arcadia the lady ensured me it is safe but i am still skeptical please help for my stomach is churning in knots! Thanks

4 Answers Jun 6, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    • Where to stay?

by renzo1981 Online Now Apr 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Hi,

I am heading to Pretoria for the upcoming World Cup. Where would you say is a nice, relatively safe location that has a good nightlife (Bars, restaurants, pubs). I am married so I am not looking to go wild, we just want to be somewhere which is safe enough (but not boring), and also be able to have a good night out.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 4:27 AM
    • live in pretoria

by aglicanne Online Now Dec 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Hello,
      I am french girl, 21 years old..and im planing to go alone for a 6 months intership in pretoria. A lot of people around me are freaking out, saying that it is too dangerous...i read a lot of stuff about south africa and pretoria and to me it doesnt seem to be that bad.. i guess there is some major security rules to respect but it is generally ok...?
      I would like to have the point of view of somebody who lives there? because i dont how to convince people that i'll be fine...
      thank you very much...

3 Answers Dec 11, 2008 at 2:54 AM
    • Shuttle service between Pretoria and O.R. Tambo Int. Airport?

by wimneel Online Now Nov 15, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Can anybody tell me if there is a coach shuttle service between Pretoria and the International Airport?

6 Answers Dec 12, 2008 at 5:48 AM
    • stadium

by ccmusic Online Now Aug 25, 2008 at 12:22 AM

I will be in pretoria for the international convention of Jehovah's Witnesses in December 2009. Can anyone tell me what stadium the convention will be held in?

• Are the beers good?

by ccmusic Online Now Aug 5, 2008 at 1:05 AM

I will be sping at least a week in Pretoria. I just wanted to know if the local beer was good? Is there a special beer that I should try while there?

10 Answers Aug 7, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    • music to go

by ccmusic Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 10:27 AM

What are the most common languages spoken in Pretoria? Is English spoken by enough people for us to communicate easily or should we try to at least learn a little of another language? We will be traveling there in Dec. 2009, so we have some time to plan.

3 Answers Aug 2, 2008 at 2:06 PM
    • Traffic in Pretoria

by PatriciaSiJohn Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 2:17 PM

I was wondering how heavy the traffic is in Petoria? I'm from a small city in Northern Idaho and moving to Pretoria and have visions of cars coming at me from all directions. Is Pretoria a large city with wall to wall people? Is it expensive? Let me know what you think. And any tips you might have to help me get prepared.
      Thanks
      Pat

4 Answers Jun 24, 2008 at 5:42 AM
    • Work and live in Pretoria.

by MJohanna Online Now May 8, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Hi,
      I'm offered a one-year contract (more if everything goes fine) in Pretoria. I would like to know more about the city in general, I already had a look at the forum and found lots of interesting comments about life there and security issues. Where to live (I'm 26)? Which area is nice (I read about hatfield for example)? Is it easy to travel within the country? Is it possible/safe to live there without a car? Would it be recommended to learn Afrikaans? Are there courses of Afrikaans? ... Well I'd love to read any comments you'd find I should be aware of before my departure.

Another question:
      My boyfriend, who's Spanish, might come too if he finds a job there. Up to now, the people I contacted told me it's going to be really hard to find something. But I thought somebody here could have an idea (know a good website, or a compagny, ...). He has a licence (BA) in forest engineering. And do you know if it is possible to get a work permit in SA if one enters the country with a tourist visa?

Thanks for your help and comments!

3 Answers Aug 24, 2007 at 12:14 AM
    • Willem Prinsloo Agricultural Museum

by dwedmunds Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Back in the 90's when visiting Pretoria I took a number of photo's but there are a few that I cannot identify the location;I think they may be of the Willem Prinsloo Museum. One is of a statue of a pair of yolked Oxen, outside a fairly modern building. Another is of a Cannon, with large wheels, on a concrete base, located near a white-painted bungalow with a veranda & red-painted steps. I realise that all this might have changed over the years but if anyone can identify the photo locations I'd be very pleased.

1 Answer Mar 30, 2007 at 11:57 AM
    • Buying a house in Pretoria

by hijosepaju Online Now Feb 9, 2007 at 1:17 AM

We are seriously considering buying a house in Pretoria for the time that we will be there, but as foreigners, we are a bit insecure because we do not know well the kind of construction used in Pretoria.

We will like to know if anyone knows how is the realstate market at the moment, and what are the projections for the near future....all I read from the outside is positive.

Has anyone had a recent experience buying a house?

Thanks in advance,
      johisepaju

6 Answers Feb 20, 2007 at 1:28 AM
    • Winter in SA

by BALV Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 3:22 AM

Hi, I have recently moved to live in Pretoria RSA. I have never lived in winter and it will be my first time with my wife and 6 months old boy. How should i prepare for the winter. Am apprehensive.

3 Answers Feb 9, 2007 at 8:37 AM
    • Atterbury

by karenhugo Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 11:15 PM

I would really like to know the history and origin of the name Atterbury.

Many thanks

Karen Hugo

• johisepaju's Profile Photo

University in Pretoria

by johisepaju Online Now Dec 10, 2006 at 1:14 PM

I will be going to live in Pretoria next summer, and I am interested in enrolling in a master program in human resourses or something similar. Does anybody know of such a program or has some experience in the area of human resources.
      thank you in advance

2 Answers Dec 12, 2006 at 9:28 AM
    • Student Accommodation

by Eilika Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 2:18 AM

We are desperately lokking for accommodation of our 16 year old daughter, who attends the German School (Deutsche Schule Pretoria). Would anybody know of possiblities in vicinity of the school?
      Thanks