Pretoria Travel Answers

change location
cheddah's Profile Photo

taxi to pretoria?

by cheddah Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Any idea how much a shuttle or taxi to pretoria will cost? Can anyone recommend a shuttle company and do these go door to door, airport to hotel?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cheddah's Profile Photo

Re: taxi to pretoria?

by cheddah Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Sorry, from o r tambo airport to pretori a.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: taxi to pretoria?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Hi
    I suppose that you know that there is now a high speed Gautrain rail link between OR Tambo and Pretoria? There are stations in Pretoria Central and Hatfield, so it depends on which hotel you're staying in - many will arrange a pickup from the station, or you can catch a taxi for the short distance.
    The rail journey takes about 45 minutes and services run every 15 minutes. There is also a limited system of connecting Gautrain buses that operate from the Gautrain stations into the surrounding area.
    For more details under the transport section of my Johannesburg and Pretoria pages: just be wary that the rail service currently only operates between 05:30 and 20:30.
    Alternatively, e-mail me and I will provide you with the details of a shuttle service that we use for business and personal transfers who can organise a door to door service. This will take 1-1.5 hours depending on the time of day and the traffic.
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Pretoria