Pretoria Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay?

by renzo1981 Online Now Apr 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Hi,

I am heading to Pretoria for the upcoming World Cup. Where would you say is a nice, relatively safe location that has a good nightlife (Bars, restaurants, pubs). I am married so I am not looking to go wild, we just want to be somewhere which is safe enough (but not boring), and also be able to have a good night out.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • MichaelDovey's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay?

by MichaelDovey Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 6:24 AM

In Pretoria I would either stay in Hatfield, which is the nightlife centre of Pretoria, and is within walking distance of Loftus Versveld, which is one of the stadiums being used, or

alternatively Centurion is a great area to stay in ( it is the area I live in) with good nightlife and restuarants, and the secong biggest shopping centre in Pretoria.

Are you looking at staying in hotels or B+B's?

The area to stay away from is Pretoria Central and Sunnyside...not your tourist area.

If I can help with anything more, just drop me an e-mail.

Regards

Mike

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PierreZA's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay?

by PierreZA Online Now Jun 6, 2009 at 4:27 AM

Hi,
    There are quite a few options. Best is to know if you are going to rent a car or not. If not, best is to stay in the Hatfield area, or maybe at The Sheraton in Arcadia.
    If you have your own transport, there are more possibilities. Let me know - I will try and help where I can.
    Greetings from SA
    Pierre

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Pretoria