Pretoria Travel Answers

change location

Cab access from Pretoria CBD

by staceyh1 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Can I easily get a cab from motor coach terminal around Pretoria CBD where the Greyhound coach stops?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Cab access from Pretoria CBD

by staceyh1 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Thank you Gerald. Yes I was referring to the metered sedan taxis and not the mini-bus ones. I'll be coming in from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and my final destination is a lodge about 11km from the station. Leaving will not be a problem as I have made arrangements with a shuttle-service to take me to Jo'burg where I will be flying out. Considering the distance from the station to the lodge I figured it would make sense to get a cab instead of hiring a shuttle. From what you say I guess it does make sense to take the shuttle service option. Also, seeing that Greyhound arrives around 5am, how safe would it be to wait a while at the bus station before a shuttle/cab would come to pick me up?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Cab access from Pretoria CBD

by staceyh1 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 6:31 AM

It seems the the shuttle option is really reasonable. Thanks again for the advice.

• bongski's Profile Photo

Re: Cab access from Pretoria CBD

by bongski Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM

greyhound and several bus companies have lounges in their ticket office where you may wait safely for your shuttle.

There are taxis parked at the entrance road to the station. they are unmarked and can be recognized by a small sign on their roof. They are a common sight in jnb park station, eastgate mall and in pretoria bus station and are used by locals also. No idea on how safe they are but they are always there whenever i come to bring or pickup my friends from these areas.

bong

bong

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Pretoria