Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Linse's Profile Photo

Fishing where and what?

Lamia Dec 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi
      Where would you go fishing if you are in Lamia? And what kind of fish can you catch?

more
    • Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

more
    • 4 DAY CLASSICAL TOUR OF GREECE

Greece Dec 2, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are planning to take a 4 day classical tour from Athens ( Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora). On the internet, one sees that there are many tour operators, each with equally good reviews. Could any fellow VT member share with us his/her knowledge or experience to help us decide which tour to go on.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

Island hopping in Greece?

Greece Nov 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM

My sister and I are going to Greece next month December. Is island hopping possible in December? Are there any tour for this? We are arriving 1st December. Is there any one day trip/2 day trip cruise available?

more
    • FEEDBACK ON ASTORIA TRAVELS

Greece Dec 4, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Has any fellow VT member any experience / knowledge about the Astoria Travels. Are they genuine and dependable

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

12 days in Greece : Itineary

Greece Nov 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Hello VTers,
      After receiving all of your advice and suggestions (especially thanks to mindcrime, brotherleelove, rexvaughan, DAO and to name a few), I have come up with the following plan. Please review and advise.
      Day 01: Arrive Athens in the afternoon; Night life in Athens.
      Day 02: Athens; full day Sarnoric tour. (Visit temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian’s arch and Acropolis, Syntagma and etc…
      Day 03: pick up the car, drive to Nafplio – visit Corinth, Myceane on the way, visit Epidavors, walk around Nafplio and enjoy the evening in Nafplio
      Day 04: Drive to Monemvasia, Gilthio, Sparti, Tripolis, Megalopoli (any suggestion where to stay overnight?)
      Day 05: Drive to Olympian Zeus, via Eliad and Achaia to Delphi. Overnight at Delphi.
      Day 06: Drive to Kalambaka. Stay overnight at Kalambaka.(any sightseeing suggestion along the way?)
      Day 07: Visit Meteora, Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae.
      Day 07: Athens – Santorini (Flying)
      Day 08: Santorini – Volcano? Hiking Fira to Oia, Hot Springs Boat Tour?
      Day 09: Santorini – Athens (fly back in the evening)
      Day 10: Athens (Shopping )
      Day 11: Leave Athens
      According to weather forecast, on the day 5, 6 and 7 will be sunny on Santorini. In that case, we will have to come back to Athens from Delphie and do the Kalambaka and Meteora trip after the Santorini trip.
      I still have some questions 
      Should we rent a car in Athens when we arrive at airport or at the hotel or book on line from Canada?
      Which area to stay in Athen to drive in and out easily from the city?
      Thank you in advance.
      Shwemanthu

more
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

Santorini Island Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

more
    • BEST SEASON FOR MYKONOS AND SANTORINI

Greece Nov 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

We plan to be in Greece in the second half of September next year (beginning 16 September). We will be first spending about 6-7 days visiting Athens, Olympia, Delphi etc and thereafter from the 24th to 30 September we would spend 3-4 days each in Mykonos and Santorini in that order. In Mykonos and Santorini, amongst other things we do, look forward to going in the water on the beaches. Weather wise it is good to do so or will the water become too cold for swimming? Should we reverse the sequence and first go to the islands and thereafter come to the mainland?
      TIA

more

Train and Bus schedule from Athens to Meteora

Meteora Dec 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We are in Athen now and would like to go to Meteora.
      Can someone provide the train and bus schedule from Athens to and fro Meteora?
      Is there any website ? Thanks.

more

International Driver License

Athens Nov 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

more

suggestion on 2 weeks in December in Greece

Greece Nov 22, 2014 at 3:38 AM

My husband and I will be coming on a 2 weeks (dec.3 to 17) visit to Greece in December. Our general plan is 2/3 days in Athens then rent a car and drive to interesting places/small city and visit 2 islands. I checked extended weather forecast for December in Athens and found that after December 10 there will be cloudy and thunder storm most of the days. It looks like we will be in 7days in good weather and 7days in somewhat rainy/cloudy weather. Please advise what to do/see in December. Thanks in advance.

more

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

more

How long it will take to look around in acropolis ?

Athens Dec 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We will be arriving Athens in the middle of the day. After checking in at hotel around 1 o'clock, we would like to go to acropolis. Is it enough time to visit all including ancient agora, before the sun set.

more

Popular Prefecture of the Dodecanese Islands Travel Answer Locations

• catchfab's Profile Photo

Responsible shop owners.

Lindos Oct 26, 2014 at 12:06 AM

I recently went to Lindos, Rhodes. I purchased a knife depicting the knights of Rhodes and the shop owner adamantly assured me that anything under 60cm didn't have to be declared when coming back into Australia. I stupidly believed him. I did not get a receipt, but the shop was near the Estia cafe not far from where the donkey rides start. I think it was called Traditonal Greek handicrafts.

Not only was the knife taken off me when I returned to Australia, but had I not declared it then I would be facing ten years jail for bringing in a prohibited item, not to mention being almost a hundred dollars out of pocket.
      There was only one shop that sold knives as I checked just about every other one to compare prices.
      My question is should shop owners in tourist destinations be accountable for false information?? What are we going to do once we return? We can't take the item back. I really wish I could give this owner a piece of my mind.

Thanks for taking the time to read this..Anne

4 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Cigarettes in Kos Town

Kos Island Oct 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Can anyone tell me how much cigarettes are in Kos Town and if they prefer cash, debit card or credit card? Thanks

1 Answer Oct 6, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    • vacation in rhodes

Rhodes (Island) Sep 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM

hi,
      My friends and I was thinking about taking a vacation in rhodes in september (18-21/9).
      we are looking for parties and beach mostly (age 20)
      are there still parties in that dates?
      would we be able to go to the beach?
      is it still a good time to go to rhodes?
      thank you!!

3 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Sunrise photo sites close to Jamestown

Rhodes (Island) Aug 26, 2014 at 12:27 AM

I'm travelling to Rhodes Island, Greece, this september via fdm-travel.dk/graekenland/rh... Please recommend sunrise photo sites in Jamestown if you know anyone good ones there or close by ....Thanks :)

5 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • Blue bay resturant/taverna in Lindos

Lindos Aug 18, 2014 at 12:17 AM

My mums best friends use to own a restaurant in Lindos it was called the Blue Bay Restaurant.
      Can any one tell me if it is still open as we have lost all contact details with them.

My mum would like to plan a visit but it they are not there any more she would be very disappointed.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • how much is standard taxi fare from Kos town to the airport in the evening

Kos Aug 14, 2014 at 3:16 AM

how much is standard taxi fare from Kos town to the airport in the evening

3 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 6:11 AM
    • Cheapest way to get to Mykonos from Rhodes

Rhodes (Island) Aug 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Cheapest way to get to Mykonos from Rhodes

3 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    • Renting a caicco just for few days

Kos Aug 11, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Hi! Considering the possibility to leave Istanbul just for few days, I would like to know whether and how it would be possible to rent a cabine for two people in a local caicco and just for four days (instead the usual week). Would you suggest me a local company?
      THANK YOU!!
      Leti

• Bus information

Kefalos Aug 8, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Hi,
      Does anyone know whether we can get from Zia to Kefalos by bus directly or do we have to go to Kos town?
      Many thanks.

2 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • Bus information

Kefalos Aug 7, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Hi
      how long does the bus take from Kos town to Kefalos?
      Thanks very much.

5 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 3:01 AM
    • Ferry or hydrofoil etc. from other islands to Kos

Kos Island Jul 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

What islands can we travel from to KOS? I can't find from Mykonos or Naxos - are there any?

2 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • lindos motor cycle rent?

Lindos Jul 19, 2014 at 9:46 AM

can you rent motor cycles in lindos and is falaraki easy accessible?

1 Answer Jul 26, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • Cheap rent a car

Kos Island Jul 18, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Hi everyone! We're travelling to Kos late August and would like to rent a car there. Does somebody know if it is better to rent it using internet or it would be cheaper to wait and rent it in the island? Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    • Things to do / places to see in Rhodes

Rhodes (Island) Jul 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Hi, I'm planning on coming to Rhodes next June or July for around 4 or 5 days.
      By what I've read it seems Rhodes town would be the best place to stay in Rhodes.
      I also want to visit Lindos. What is the best way to go there and what part of day is best to go?
      What is the beach like there? like the town or better?
      Also what are some good things to do? sightseeing? or even water sports?
      Also I noticed that there are donkey rides in Lindos, is that worth doing?
      I'm a young adult 20 years old so a bit of a night buzz would be good to.
      thanks

11 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • Twinkie1574's Profile Photo

Day trips and activities

Kefalos Jul 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Can anyone recommend good day trips or activities please. First time here.

2 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    • Is Flying Dolphin running this year - July 2014?

Patmos Island Jul 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Is Flying Dolphin running this year - July 2014? We are looking to travel from Samos to Patmos and stay for a few days.

4 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM
    • Rhodes town Filaraki, lindos

Rhodes (Island) Jul 7, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Hi am trying to choose from these three locations in Rhodes. Which is best for young adults and would get the most out of? I will probably visit all of them but I just need to find a base. Is it possible to organise accommodation in each of them or is that not wise and just stick with the one?

6 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Enquries for Rhodes

Rhodes (Island) Jul 6, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Hi I am thinking of coming to Rhodes next year around June. I was wondering what is the best way to get there as it is far from Athens. I also might be going to a couple of the Cyclades islands. Are they close to Rhodes or would you need to fly? What part of Rhodes should I look at for accommodation and what sort of accommodation?
      I am looking for nice relaxation as well as some fun during the night. How is it getting around the island, what sort of transport?
      This is for 2 adults early 20's.
      thank you

9 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 5:19 AM
    • Clubbing in Greece

Kos Island Jun 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Hi, I'm 17 - all of my mates are 18 (6 of them) - we all want to go clubbing in Kos but i realise that the publicly drinking /clubbing age is 18 - have I screwed myself over with this holiday or are they relatively chilled in Kos with access to clubs ? Less worried about the alcohol part- and am i likely to be IDd?

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    • First time

Kos Jun 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM

First time going to Kos. Any suggestions?

4 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • cost of taxi from kos airport to kardamena?

Kos Island Jun 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM

how much for a taxi from kos airport to kardamena?

1 Answer Jun 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Accomodation

Kos Jun 9, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Hi. I'm looking for something low cost but livable. We're 4 adults, so we'd need two bedrooms. A little appartment or two studios would be perfect, cuz we want to prepare our own food. What price can we expect? Any advice on where to look?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • haysnoe's Profile Photo

Where to Stay - Arriving 3AM Ferry

Rhodes (Island) Jun 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Our ferry arrives in Rhodes at 3AM. I am sure that I am not going to be the first person who needed a place to stay after arriving on that ferry. Can I rely on being greeted at the ferry with a room, or should I try to book something? Problem is, most hotels I see have posted check-in up to about Midnight.
      Many, or most, of the people getting off that ferry at 3 in the morning must need a place to stay. What do you think?

1 Answer Jun 7, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • Tsambika villa Olympic holidays

Lindos Jun 2, 2014 at 9:15 AM

We are staying here later this month, has anyone stayed there? Also does anyone know if room has safe?
      Thanks

• Meeting ferry from Turkey

Kos Jun 1, 2014 at 9:43 AM

We are meeting friends from the ferry. Is there good parking at the ferry terminal and where should we arrange to meet? Is there a bar/cafe there to meet as I understand that passport checks can take a long time for travellers. We are staying at a hotel in Lamdi.

Many thanks

1 Answer Jun 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Bus services on a Sunday

Lindos May 26, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Staying in Kolymbia and spending a night in Lindos on the Saturday, so will be traveling home on the Sunday. What are the services like on a Sunday if there are any? Thanks

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • Things to do

Kefalos May 23, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Hi, is there many family things to do in kefolos? Eg..... crazy golf, water park?

3 Answers May 23, 2014 at 4:41 AM
    • Only one day/evening in Kos, what do you recommend?

Kos Island May 9, 2014 at 2:00 PM

With only one day and evening, and having been to Mykonos Rhodes and Santorini, and, not liking crowds, what do you recommend (we are moderately active) and there may be about 10 of us. Thanks!

3 Answers May 9, 2014 at 10:48 PM
    • reddc's Profile Photo

Kipriotis Village

Kos May 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Has anyone stayed here as going next week and getting mixed reviews about the hotel, what is the italian restauraunt like, is there any english places to eat, cant understand how some people say it is a brilliant place to stay and others say its the worst?

5 Answers May 22, 2014 at 3:58 PM
    • KathyInRI's Profile Photo

Kamiros (Camiros) Archaeological Site

Rhodes (Island) May 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I enjoy archaeology, but I wonder if there is much to see at the site? Or would visiting the museum in Rhodes old town a better choice? Is anyone familiar with this area?
      Thank you.

2 Answers May 4, 2014 at 12:49 PM