Prefecture of the Dodecanese Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kardamena to asclepeion

Kos Island 11 hours ago

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

more
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

Rhodes (Island) Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

more
    • Are there any Bead shops in Kos?

Kos Mar 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Or somewhere that might sell them?

Many thanks!

more
    • Current Weather

Rhodes (Island) Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, my family and I are flying out early next week to Rhodes. Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like so we know what to pack please?

Many thanks.

more
    • is it still available to rent?

Lindos Apr 6, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I stayed in a privately owned villa 28 years ago that looked across the roof tops to the acropolis, it was quite a steep walk back to it on an evening, it had immediately behind it a craggy rock shelf that had hollowed out tombs in the rock face. the villa was unusual in that each room had its own door on to the veranda and was built in an L shape, it had a tiny garden in front of the veranda. If I could find a virtual map of Lindos I might be able to find it but I cant, can you help please?

more
    • Airport Transfers

Rhodes (Island) Mar 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone recommend a taxi transfer service from Rhodes Airport to Kolymbia? I have searched on line but it can be a bit scary as I am not sure how reliable the different companies might be. I am travelling with my elderly mother so don't want any mishaps.
      Thanks

more

Popular Prefecture of the Dodecanese Islands Travel Answer Locations

• Kardamena to asclepeion

Kos Island 11 hours ago

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

• Current Weather

Rhodes (Island) Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, my family and I are flying out early next week to Rhodes. Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like so we know what to pack please?

Many thanks.

2 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    • is it still available to rent?

Lindos Apr 6, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I stayed in a privately owned villa 28 years ago that looked across the roof tops to the acropolis, it was quite a steep walk back to it on an evening, it had immediately behind it a craggy rock shelf that had hollowed out tombs in the rock face. the villa was unusual in that each room had its own door on to the veranda and was built in an L shape, it had a tiny garden in front of the veranda. If I could find a virtual map of Lindos I might be able to find it but I cant, can you help please?

3 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

Rhodes (Island) Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

• Are there any Bead shops in Kos?

Kos Mar 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Or somewhere that might sell them?

Many thanks!

• Airport Transfers

Rhodes (Island) Mar 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone recommend a taxi transfer service from Rhodes Airport to Kolymbia? I have searched on line but it can be a bit scary as I am not sure how reliable the different companies might be. I am travelling with my elderly mother so don't want any mishaps.
      Thanks

6 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • dreya123's Profile Photo

Rhodes old town,Greece

Rodos (City) Mar 15, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I'm going to Rhodes old town in Greece. Will there be any good bargains or market stall ie cheap tops ,bags, sun glasses ect.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2014 at 10:49 PM
    • Birdwatching guides

Rhodes (Island) Jan 26, 2014 at 12:31 PM

is there a local person who can act as a bird guide and take me birdwatching.

Any recommendations on where to go birdwatching

2 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • kolymbia boat hire

Rhodes (Island) Jan 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Hi we are getting married in kolymbia in may and was hoping to hire a boat for a mini cruise for the wedding party after the ceremony but before the meal. Can anyone advise if any companies that may do this? Thanks

1 Answer Feb 4, 2014 at 3:27 AM
    • Dacha, Turkey to Symi, Greece ferry/transport to

Symi Nov 16, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Does anyone know how to get to Symi in Greece to Dacha in Turkey, I am looking at traveling on 26th Dec 2013? Would really appreciate any assistance here. Thank you :-)

6 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    • symi to tilos

Symi Island Oct 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

hi. staying on symi next september. looking to hop over to tilos for 4-5 days. can anyone advise if ferry is available and if so how often does ferry connect both islands.

1 Answer Oct 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    • moving stuff to rhodos

Rhodes (Island) Oct 18, 2013 at 5:48 AM

we have bought a house in rhodos.. Can anyone tell me what the easiest (cheapest) way is to move our stuff there (from France)? By container? by truck? and if you take a ferry, which is the best port to depart from?

thanks

s

7 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    • Billy,s studios

Kefalos Oct 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM

We are new to kefalos next year and would like to know where Billy,s studios are situated and if it is at all hilly, Also has Billy,s got an email address please?

• Second Visit to Rhodes Town. Things to Do?

Rhodes (Island) Oct 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

HI

We visited beautiful Rhodes Town last year and had a wonderful time sight-seeing and walking and walking and.. well, you get the drift!

Could anyone suggest other things to do near Rhodes Town as we'll be there again soon - but unfortunately,only for one day.

Last time, we din't find the Acropolis which I understand is there, would that be a suggestion? Could you advise how far it is from the town - we'll be on foot.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Candelle

12 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Taxis and Rental Cars

Patmos Island Sep 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM

We are coming on a rather small ship, the Wind Spirit, on October 6. Do we need to reserve a taxi or car in advance, or can we haire a taxi or rent a car when we get there?

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    • are there any gay bars on kos?

Kos Sep 2, 2013 at 6:08 AM

are there any gay bars on kos?

• lindos by bus, return by boat?

Lindos Aug 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Is it possible, and easy to find a boat back to rhodes city if we travel there by bus in the
      morning? How much should we expect to pay for the boat trip?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    • EamonM's Profile Photo

price of lindos

Lindos Aug 20, 2013 at 7:03 AM

can anyone tell me the cost of beer and food in lindos?im going out there next week and im wondering how much i should bring ?

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Best area to stay.

Rhodes (Island) Aug 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM

What is the best area to stay on this island in your opinion.

I booked a room in Kolimbia some years ago, but this time I'd like to choose another place to stay.

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    • which bar?

Kefalos Aug 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM

hi, I stayed in kefalos with a friend on our first holiday abroad in 1995 and found a bar on the seafront road and we loved it and visited the bar the whole of our weeks stay but can not remember the name of it? (we were just 16)!! what I do remember is that it was quite a small bar not overly busy athough they did play music (a lot of eightys) in there on a night as they had a dj and like a dancefloor. Behind the bar was two guitars on the wall and I also remember to enter the bar it had patio sliding doors that you had to slide across which I always thought was strange, and I know the guys name who owned the bar he was called steve and another guy worked behind the bar with him called Manilois - spelling unsure of with the name! I think they just sold drinks in there not food and the bar was set back a little bit from the road and that's all I remember.. dose the place sound familiar to anybody..?

• MLDIVE's Profile Photo

Rhodes to Santorini

Rhodes (Island) Aug 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

What is the best way to go to Santorini from Rhodes? How far and how much would it be? Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Transportation from Rhodes Island.

Karpathos Island Aug 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Is it possible to visit Karphatos from Rhodes Island as a day trip by boat?

9 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    • Restaurant TAMBAKIO Lindos

Lindos Jul 17, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I want to know the telephon number of TAMBAKIO ???
      please reply to mgendrot@free.fr
      thanks

5 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    • rhodes island greece

Rhodes (Island) Jul 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM

what is the best way to get from the vallian village hotel to the faliraki water park?

• rhodes island greece

Rhodes (Island) Jul 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM

what is the best way to get from the vallian village hotel to the faliraki water park?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    • Prices in rhodes

Rhodes (Island) Jun 23, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Hi everybody,

We have booked 10 nights at the rodos palladium in kalithia and would be really greatful for any info on prices of food and drink in Rhodes.We usually do all inclusive but are half board and was wondering if to expect any nasty shocks due to the Greek economy.expecting a little dearer due to the euro.would anybody be aware of nice beaches worth visiting or any boat trips.

Many thanks in advance.

5 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • ERLIKHAN's Profile Photo

Rhodes vs Lesbos

Rhodes (Island) Jun 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

For 3 days stay which island would you recommend, and why?
      It is said that Lesbos is a big island and to have a car is a necessity. Is it easy to rent a car there?

regards

4 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM
    • Choosing a third island

Nisos Nisyros Jun 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

We are going in late September and after spending 2 days in Athens we are then going to Santorini for 3 days. We definitely want to go to Rhodes and a day trip to Symi. I have discovered that airfare to and from Santorini is very expensive. To visit Hydra we have to go to Athens first. We want to go to a beautiful, typical island with interesting history. Any suggestions??
      Thank you
      Nancy

4 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    • Food

Kos Jun 8, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Never been to Kos before and interested in how much an average meal might cost. There are 5 of us and I don't like cooking on holiday so need to eat out

2 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • danielgillespie's Profile Photo

Summer work, kos

Kos Island May 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Hi all, me and my twin bro are coming to kos
      On the 28th of may and we are both looking
      To find work over there because we are hopeing
      To stay there for the whole summer, what is the
      Best way to find work ? And what about accommodation
      We're both 18 and want accommodation near people
      A similar age group to us

17 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 6:09 AM