Prefecture of the Cyclades

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cigarette prices

Santorini Island Apr 29, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Any idea to how much red leader cigarettes are please?

more
    • Ferry to Athens

Santorini Island Apr 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Hi
      Traveling to Santorini June 17th (flying in -- expensive$$) thought we might get the ferry back to Athens (23rd)
      Is it best to buy tickets online OR buy them on Santorini, if so from where ??
      Thank you
      Ed

more
    • TravisE's Profile Photo

mens silver bracelets...

Santorini Island Apr 17, 2015 at 6:34 AM

hi , its driving me crazy- i bought an amazing mens click on bracelet from santorini back in 2005, and sadly lost that bracelet..
      for the life of me cannot recall the shop- im assuming it was in Fira..as we were based around there for the week.
      all i recall is a grumpy shop owner,his fat tummy hanging out-but amazing jewellery and crafts.
      the bracelet was really unique, lots of detail design in it.
      if anyone has names and websites for some jewellery stores on santorini plz let me know.

thx.

more
    • How much are excursions

Santorini Island Apr 11, 2015 at 2:59 AM

What is there to do in santorini and how much are excursions

more
    • How much spending money needed

Santorini Island Apr 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM

I'm going to santorini in June for two weeks with my girlfriend b&b and was wondering how much money I will need per day if anyone can help?

more
    • TLC701's Profile Photo

Santorini Island, Greece

Santorini Island Apr 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Will be traveling to Santorini for the first time in October. I am bringing my niece along and want to make it a special trip before she gets married. If money weren't a concern, which location on the island and which hotel would you select?

Thanks!
      Terri

more
    • bicycles rental

Mykonos Apr 19, 2015 at 5:24 AM

we are staying in Tourlos, where is the nearest place to rent a couple of bicycles please?/

more
    • Bus services in Santorini

Santorini Island Apr 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Hi,

I am going to Santorini in first week of May. I know that there is good bus services there and relatively cheaper. Is there any facility of taking bus pass for 24 hours so that everytime I use bus I don't have to pay.

more
    • Best Cyclades Guide Book?

Prefecture of the Cyclades Apr 19, 2015 at 2:57 AM

For a rich but concise (200-300 pages) guide to the Cyclades -- which covers current conditions, background history, and its classical cultural wealth -- what is the best English-language guide?
      I am specially interested in the opinion of those people who have been there and used this guide and found it to be first rate.
      I am not worried so much about hotels & ferry schedules, right? :-)
      It's the culture, politics, history of this special place.
      Thank you for whatever advice you may be so kind as to offer.
      Yours most sincerely, -- Eurycleia.

more
    • Greece holiday in June 2015

Santorini Island Apr 14, 2015 at 3:39 AM

We are a group of four going to Greece for nearly 4 weeks in June.
      We land in Athens and want to do island hopping from there.
      Want to do as much as possible, see as much as possible and make the most of it.
      Obviously Santorini, Mykonos and Ios is a must.
      Any advice where to go, which islands to visit, which parties are the best, best nude beaches to visit where, etc.
      In fact, we don't have an idea where to start planning and where to go, haha!
      We are a fun loving bunch, but would like to experience the "real" Greek way of living, not do the whole "tourist" thing.
      Any advice for planning our trip?

Thanks.

more
    • Safety in Santorini

Santorini Island Apr 30, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Hi,

I am interesting in booking a holiday in Santorini tomorrow with my partner and I just wanted to know if this is a good idea as we are black and we do not want to risk being treated unfairly because of colour, can anyone advise me if skin colour is an issue? I don't want to pay all that money for a bad experience.

much appreciated.

Aaron

more
    • Safety in Santorini

Santorini Island Apr 30, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Hi,

I am interesting in booking a holiday in Santorini tomorrow with my partner and I just wanted to know if this is a good idea as we are black and we do not want to risk being treated unfairly because of colour, can anyone advise me if skin colour is an issue? I don't want to pay all that money for a bad experience.

much appreciated.

Aaron

9 Answers May 2, 2015 at 11:28 AM
    • Cigarette prices

Santorini Island Apr 29, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Any idea to how much red leader cigarettes are please?

1 Answer Apr 29, 2015 at 11:54 AM
    • bicycles rental

Mykonos Apr 19, 2015 at 5:24 AM

we are staying in Tourlos, where is the nearest place to rent a couple of bicycles please?/

7 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    • Best Cyclades Guide Book?

Prefecture of the Cyclades Apr 19, 2015 at 2:57 AM

For a rich but concise (200-300 pages) guide to the Cyclades -- which covers current conditions, background history, and its classical cultural wealth -- what is the best English-language guide?
      I am specially interested in the opinion of those people who have been there and used this guide and found it to be first rate.
      I am not worried so much about hotels & ferry schedules, right? :-)
      It's the culture, politics, history of this special place.
      Thank you for whatever advice you may be so kind as to offer.
      Yours most sincerely, -- Eurycleia.

8 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 5:52 AM
    • Bus services in Santorini

Santorini Island Apr 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Hi,

I am going to Santorini in first week of May. I know that there is good bus services there and relatively cheaper. Is there any facility of taking bus pass for 24 hours so that everytime I use bus I don't have to pay.

7 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 6:36 AM
    • TravisE's Profile Photo

mens silver bracelets...

Santorini Island Apr 17, 2015 at 6:34 AM

hi , its driving me crazy- i bought an amazing mens click on bracelet from santorini back in 2005, and sadly lost that bracelet..
      for the life of me cannot recall the shop- im assuming it was in Fira..as we were based around there for the week.
      all i recall is a grumpy shop owner,his fat tummy hanging out-but amazing jewellery and crafts.
      the bracelet was really unique, lots of detail design in it.
      if anyone has names and websites for some jewellery stores on santorini plz let me know.

thx.

4 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    • Ferry to Athens

Santorini Island Apr 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Hi
      Traveling to Santorini June 17th (flying in -- expensive$$) thought we might get the ferry back to Athens (23rd)
      Is it best to buy tickets online OR buy them on Santorini, if so from where ??
      Thank you
      Ed

3 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 6:48 PM
    • Greece holiday in June 2015

Santorini Island Apr 14, 2015 at 3:39 AM

We are a group of four going to Greece for nearly 4 weeks in June.
      We land in Athens and want to do island hopping from there.
      Want to do as much as possible, see as much as possible and make the most of it.
      Obviously Santorini, Mykonos and Ios is a must.
      Any advice where to go, which islands to visit, which parties are the best, best nude beaches to visit where, etc.
      In fact, we don't have an idea where to start planning and where to go, haha!
      We are a fun loving bunch, but would like to experience the "real" Greek way of living, not do the whole "tourist" thing.
      Any advice for planning our trip?

Thanks.

8 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    • How much are excursions

Santorini Island Apr 11, 2015 at 2:59 AM

What is there to do in santorini and how much are excursions

4 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 3:07 AM
    • How much spending money needed

Santorini Island Apr 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM

I'm going to santorini in June for two weeks with my girlfriend b&b and was wondering how much money I will need per day if anyone can help?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    • TLC701's Profile Photo

Santorini Island, Greece

Santorini Island Apr 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Will be traveling to Santorini for the first time in October. I am bringing my niece along and want to make it a special trip before she gets married. If money weren't a concern, which location on the island and which hotel would you select?

Thanks!
      Terri

6 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 5:20 AM
    • GaiaG95's Profile Photo

Ferry boat Lavrio - Kea / Kea - Lavrio

Kea Island Apr 1, 2015 at 2:42 AM

Hi! I'm going to Kea Island at the end of May and I'd like to have some informations about ferries. Where can i find time schedules and where can I buy tickets? I'd like also to know if I might have problems on Sunday, my flight it's 20 pm, so I will need a ferry after lunch, are there?
      Thanks!

17 Answers Apr 5, 2015 at 4:31 AM
    • Itenary in Santorini

Santorini Island Mar 22, 2015 at 9:02 PM

We'll be in santorini for four nights in April. Since we dont want to be lugging our bags around with us we are planning to keep Santorini as a base and plan day trips to nearby islands. Can anybody tell me the places that should be on top of my list.(But i wouldnt want to spend more than 3hrs travelling one way). Also is there a çheck-in time for Ferries too (that would also be included in the total travel time)? Or do we arrive on time and just take our seats.. like in a bus..? I've never travelled in a boat of any kind.. what are the things that i should keep in mind?

13 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 2:33 AM
    • Weather in Santorini

Santorini Island Mar 8, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Will be visiting Santorini in the second week of April. What kind of weatehr should i expect? Would i need a sweater/ jacket or will summer dresses and shorts suffice.

3 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 10:19 AM
    • Can we get to beaches from Fira

Santorini Island Feb 19, 2015 at 5:46 PM

We will be in port for one day can we get from town of fira to the beaches?

2 Answers Feb 19, 2015 at 9:01 PM
    • How to plan a day in mykonos

Mykonos Feb 13, 2015 at 2:32 AM

hi i will be reaching mykonos early may. around 9 pm our flight lands. so please suggest how do i make most out of my short stay. the next day i will be in mykonos and on the following day i will leave for santorini...we would like to party till late night visit the beaches and tour the town, as well as visit little venice and the wind mills... so please suggest how do i squeeze in all of this. i plan to hire a scooter or bike.

1 Answer Feb 13, 2015 at 2:56 AM
    • Santorini itinerary

Santorini Island Feb 12, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Hi,

I will be travelling for my honeymoon with my wife in early may. so i don't wanna take much of a chance since its our honeymoon.

this is what my plan is like

day 1. i reach around 4 pm my hotel... then after little rest check out the fira town and then come back to the imerovigli hotel and watch the sunset at leisure.

day 2: early morning stroll at imerovegli...then after breakfast walk to fira and catch a bus to kamari....after lunch come back to hotel.

then i am planning to book a sunset cruise ride.... and come back to hotel after that

day 3: moving to a hotel in oia... check out oia locally...and den go to amoudi bay...watch the sunset either from oia or from amoudi bay...den back to hotel

day 4 : morning is free flight in the afternoon to athens

Kindly suggest what changes do i need to make to this plan...??? it will be really helpful

18 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM
    • Things to do in Santorini in first week of may

Santorini Island Feb 11, 2015 at 2:18 PM

I will be in santorini staying in fira with my friend for 3 days in first week of May. Can you please suggest the itinerary I should follow so that I cover most important places in Santorini. Also I have heard about the volcano and thermal springs package from santorini. Can you please suggest on this also.

11 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 3:56 AM
    • mykonos sea bus

Mykonos Island Feb 2, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Where do you board the sea bus at the old ferry port to go to new port

2 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    • Airport taxis

Mykonos Island Jan 30, 2015 at 4:27 AM

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from Mykonos airport to the ferry port?
      We are going there in September and don't know whether to pre-book a taxi in case the ones at the airport charge more
      Thanks
      SKI

8 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 8:14 AM
    • Mykonos :1st week of June

Mykonos Jan 21, 2015 at 5:15 AM

Hello,

Can I find beach parties the 1st week of june?
      Does the weather good? (How much degrees?)
      Nighclubs are full at this period?

Thanks all.

Judith

6 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • Where to Stay in Mykonos

Mykonos Jan 14, 2015 at 10:25 AM

My wife and I will be travelling to Mykonos in October. This is our first time to Mykonos. Could you suggest what area we should stay and recommend any nice resorts.
      Thank you.

6 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 10:53 PM
    • Janinen's Profile Photo

Bus from and to Airport/Fira

Santorini Island Jan 12, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Has anyone had any experience catching the bus from the Santorini airport to,the town of,Fira?

9 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

Santorini Island Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

6 Answers Dec 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

13 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • location similar to Kamari promenade elsewhere?

Santorini Island Nov 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM

In the last summer I spent a few days in the town of Kamari. I liked the pedestrian promenade along the beach with many clubs, restaurants and small hotels directly on it. It was very pleasant to have a drink in our hotel’s pool-bar facing the sea and the nice crowd walking on the promenade.
      I’m wondering if a location like this exsists in any other Greek island! Do you know any?

3 Answers Nov 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • a location like this in Mykonos?

Mykonos Nov 16, 2014 at 4:03 AM

In the last summer I spent a few days in Santorini in the town of Kamari. The location was perfect: there’s a long pedestrian promenade along the beach with many clubs, restaurants and small hotel directly on it. It was very leasant to have drink in our hotel’s pool-bar facing the sea and the nice crowd walking on the promenade.
      I’m wondering if a location like this exsists in Mykonos or in any other Greek island! Do you know any?

14 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Santorini's YOUTH HOSTEL OIA -- The End Of An Era

Santorini Island Nov 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM

After 34 years of hosting visitors to Santorini from every corner of the globe the Youth Hostel Oia, owned by my dear friend Manolis Karvounis, has closed its doors for good. I wish Manolis and Gabi much joy and happiness wherever their path leads them. YAMAS!

1 Answer Nov 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

2 days Santorini and 1 day Athens - Itinerary

Santorini Island Oct 20, 2014 at 7:20 AM

I, my wife and 2 kids will be in Santorini this weekend. We have 2 full days - we are staying in Fira and our plan is to cover a museum and then to Oia till sunset. Next day cover the boat tour to volcano island, black beach and if time permits to Akrotiri. Overnight at Athens and we have full day to visit acropolis and around before taking a flight in the evening to London. I wanted to know whatelse I should cover and what can be skipped. I have seen some cultural shows/dance during my visit to few countries- considering its history - do they have any shows conducted in Santorini.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • Caverns in Milos

Milos Island Oct 18, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Please,how many caverns are in Milos and can you tell me their names? Thanks, Carla de Sá - Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

7 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 7:37 AM