Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles

Thessaloniki Apr 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles we will be near Moni Vlatadon for 3 days filming
      thanks

more
    • Taxi prizes

Litokhoron Apr 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM

What will be the normal costs of a Taxi from trainstation Litochoro and the center of litochoro

more
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

Rhodes (Island) Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

more
    • Are there any Bead shops in Kos?

Kos Mar 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Or somewhere that might sell them?

Many thanks!

more
    • Alexandra_Zebra's Profile Photo

Meteora - Litochoro by bus

Greece Apr 16, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Hi there!
      My husband and I are going to Halkidiki this may.
      We want to travel from Thessaloniki to Meteora by bus or train. There stay for a night and in the morning visit the monasteries. The same day (in the evening) we want to get to Olympus, Refuge A.
      I found such a useful bus schedule http://www.visitmeteora.travel/en/getting-to-meteora/getting-to-meteora-by-bus but still have some questions.
      I guess the best way is to get from Kalampaka to Trikala, there take a bus Trikala - Thessaloniki. Does it stop at Litochoro? And where can I find bus numbers, routes and stops?
      Does anyone have any advice?

more
    • Kardamena to asclepeion

Kos Island Apr 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

more
    • 5 hour cruise stop in chios

Chios Island Apr 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

With only a 5 hour cruise stop in chios, what would you suggest as the most important thing to do/see

more
    • Profitos Ilias shrine,near Nafplio

Nafplio Apr 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Tell me please more about it,who lives there and who visits?

more
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

crete itinerary

Crete Island Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I appreciate everyone's help with my itinerary so far. I think we have a final itinerary but I have one more question.
      We have a total of 14 days. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
      Chania 3 nights
      Loutro 3 nights
      Rethymomn 3 nights
      Enagron Ecotourism Village 3 nights
      Iraklion 2 nights

What advice would you give about going to Agios Nikolas instead of Enagron?

more
    • Taxi Fare in Skiathos, Greece

Skiathos Apr 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Approximately, how much is the taxi fare from the cruise ship terminal in Skiathos to Koukounaries Beach?

more
    • Searching for a single room in Athens

Prefecture of Attica Apr 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I need a private room for 3 months from April in Athens centre.
      I'm from Italy and I'm doing a research for my Phd paper.
      Can you help me?

more
    • Last Post on this forum was in 2011

Thasos Island Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Have there been more recent posts than 2011? I like the look of Thassos but as a New Zealander I'm a bit wary of places that have been overrun with UK holiday makers, does it still have an authentic Greek Island feel about it??

more
    • Transport from samos airport to ferry port

Samos Island Apr 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM

How far is the bus stop in kleopatras street from the airport? Can it be walked easily?

more
    • Rent a scooter in Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hi!!! Me and my friends are planing a 1-2 days stay in Thessaloniki, and we were thinking of renting scooters to trip in the city. Can you please recommend me a good place to rent and what the normal prices per day are?

more
    • From Bus Olympus Plaza to Paralia Katerini

Katerini Mar 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi there! I will be travelling to Paralia Katerini in June and the bus I will use stops at Olympus Plaza station. How can we get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus, taxi...? Thank you.

more
    • looking for a flatshare

Athens Mar 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hello ! I am desperatly looking for a room in flatshare in Athens... Does one of you know a website which could help me in my searches ? Thanks for your help...

more
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Psarou, Mykonos Town or Ornos?

Mykonos Island Yesterday

Hi All, We will be in Mykonos for 3 nights in July. Want to spend the days on the beach and enjoy the nightlife of an evening. Love good food (not touristy places if they are available in Mykonos?)
      What do you think the best area to stay in is? Psarou, Mykonos Town or Ornos?
      Can anyone please give me their opinions on the pros and cons of each?
      Thanks a bunch!
      Rach

more
    • Please, I have need help in this problem !

Greece Apr 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • Ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini

Agios Nikolaos Apr 10, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Are there ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini or do you have to catch the ferry from Heraklion?

more
    • Spending Money

Rethymno Apr 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Hi, How expensive is Crete we're trying to decide how much to take, me and my partner are going for 11 nights self catering? Thanks Chris.

more
    • October trip

Santorini Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM

How is Santorini in Oct. In term of weather, tourists, and accomodations, etc.
      Thanks

more
    • Current Weather

Rhodes (Island) Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, my family and I are flying out early next week to Rhodes. Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like so we know what to pack please?

Many thanks.

more
    • vacuoso's Profile Photo

Ferries: 48hr rolling strikes still? Days of operation?

Thessaloniki Apr 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hoping to catch a ferry from Thessaloniki or Kavala to Lesvos on Sunday, April 13. From my calculations, that Sunday would be a day that the ferries DO run... But I wouldn't bet the price of a hostel stay for 2 on it! :) It is unmercifully difficult to find information about options and timetables, etc, even when one goes into the ferry office at the port of Thessaloniki, which I did--they said to call back on Friday but we caught a bus to Toroni instead. Trying to decide when to head back up...

Anybody have any insight into the murky depths that surround the ferry situation?

Many thanks in advance,

.A.

more
    • Nice restaurants and bars for little money?

Thessaloniki Mar 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi!
      Me and my husband are going to Saloniki at the end of april. We both are students, so we can't spend so much money.
      Do you have some advice where we can go out to eat for a nice price? do you know some good and cheap restaurants and bars near the city center? Would be nice if you could help us! :)

more
    • way to move

Litokhoron Mar 23, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Hello,
      Within litochoro there is public transportation?
      I would want to be able to go of litochoro to the following places:
      - Dion
      - Moni agiou dionisiou

more

Popular Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Travel Answer Locations

• Yatton's Profile Photo

Manousis studios

Zante Island Jan 16, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Has any one stayed at the Manousis studios in Tsilivi Zakynthos.
      Are they well equiped i.e. self catering facilities TV etc

3 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    • Flights from Zante

Zante Dec 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Hi. Im looking to travel from the UK to Zante for a 2 week stay in August of next year. The trip out is costing me £165 per person but the trip back is over £300! Does anyone know of a site I could use to split the trip and book direct with a Greek company to save myself a few hundred pounds.

Thanks. :)

7 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    • Yatton's Profile Photo

Catholic church in Zante Town

Zante Island Oct 24, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Does anyone have details and pics of the church?

4 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    • Where is the best church to experience Orthodox Easter?

Zante Apr 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I am travelling to zakynthos on May 2nd 2013. I really wish to participate in Orthodox Easter. I am staying at Tsilvi. Obviously, I guess any church would be good but where do you REALLY recommend?

2 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    • Laganas in October

Zante Sep 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

We're going to Laganas for a week in on 19 October. I know it's not going to be as lively as it is in peak season, but will there still be bars and restaurants open?

• Naomi_B's Profile Photo

Laganas-Agios Sostis

Zante Jul 5, 2012 at 4:03 AM

I will go to Agios Sostis in september and I would like to ask that how is agios sostis like? Are there shops and tavernas and discos? And the most important is that is there bus from Agios Sostis to Laganas?

2 Answers Jul 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    • kimod74's Profile Photo

Weather in April

Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Sep 26, 2011 at 8:19 AM

We are thinking about taking an excursion from our Ireland vacation next April to hop a flight somewhere in Europe and were thinking about visiting Greece. I've heard in April many of the tourist/beach areas can be closed or not much going on. We'd still like to go, any suggestions on where? Are hotels typically open? I was looking at Zante but would consider anywhere on the coast area. We have a 4 1/2 year old child, so we aren't into the party scene... Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 26, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    • worldsapart's Profile Photo

alykanas beach village

Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Aug 30, 2011 at 6:06 AM

WE are staying at this place in Alykanas next week, does anyone know if they supply beach towels at the resort or do we need to take them with us???

thanks

Cat x

• travel from zante to thessaloniki

Zante Jul 25, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Hi, my brother will soon be visiting Zante and whilst in Greece wishes to visit me in Halkidiki. Could you tell me the best route to get from Zante to Thessalonki. Thank you

3 Answers Jul 29, 2011 at 2:43 AM
    • mariakaptein's Profile Photo

Laganas in May

Zante Jan 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Hello, I will visit Zante and esp. Laganas in May and stay in
      a hotel app. 500 meters from the main street. My question is:
      will it allready be crowded with (drunken) English tourists..?
      I will rent a scooter and do walks/trekkings and visit villages
      monasteries etc.
      Thanks, maria

4 Answers Mar 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    • fabulousfairy's Profile Photo

Mavrikas Apartment/hotel

Zante Jan 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hi,
      We have just booked 2 wks in Zante in June this yr staying at the Mavrikas through Sky Travel has anyone stayed there? or read any reviews?

Thanks in advance xx

1 Answer Jan 1, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    • Wedding in Zakynthos

Zante Jun 15, 2009 at 5:34 AM

Hi,

I'm planning a wedding in Zakynthos next year and I have a few questions.
      Is early september a good time of the year to visit the island?
      I am not sure where on the island we will have our wedding, I have heard that Tsivili is very lively, but might not suit older people in our wedding party.

We want an area which is genuinely greek, with a bit to do, but mainly unspoiled and relaxed. Any suggestions?

Also, I am finding it hard to get information on transport between Zakynthos and Santorini, ideally we would love to cruise to Santorini after the wedding then spend a few days there. Is this possible?

Thanks

H

2 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    • Lilem1986's Profile Photo

hi

Zante Mar 26, 2009 at 2:45 AM

Hi, what is the name of the village where that picture was taken?
      Im going back to Zante this year and would like to visit more of the villages.
      Thanks
      Emma

2 Answers Mar 28, 2009 at 4:09 AM
    • Is Argassi a good choice for teenage boys?

Zante Jan 29, 2009 at 6:13 AM

My friend and I are looking to stay at the Ketarina palace Studios in Argassi this August. It looks wonderful - my only hesitation is it is a good place for boys aged 17, 17, 15 and 12 to have a good holiday?
      Many thanks for all responses,
      Jai

1 Answer Jan 29, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    • From Araxos Airport to Zakynthos

Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Sep 15, 2008 at 4:17 AM

Does anybody know if there are regular buses from this airport to any location? I know I must somehow get to the port of Kyllini in order to hop on a ferry, but I'm hoping that Taxi is not the only alternative.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2008 at 6:49 AM
    • zakynthos recommendations!

Zante Aug 20, 2008 at 1:50 AM

Thinking to visit the island for a week with my wife in September.
      Want to find a most scenic, possibly more local feel hotel (4 stars or higher) that`s quiet, beautiful, with excellent service, amazing views, food and essentially the experience of a lifetime - that feels as far as possible from crowds / too touristy places, yet has access by bicycle (we can ride distances!) to great breathtaking scenery and also the quietest beaches and the best taverns / restaurants....
      asking too much?!
      thanks in advance

5 Answers Aug 26, 2008 at 7:37 AM
    • sanda.muntean's Profile Photo

Hotels on the beach

Zante Jul 27, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Hello,
      I need some informations about cheap hotels on the beach in Zakynthos, where I have the chance to find free room in August. I mean, price, location, possibilyties to eat, etc.
      Thank you everybody.

1 Answer Jul 28, 2008 at 2:55 AM
    • deukalion's Profile Photo

Turtles in Zakynthos

Zante Jul 20, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Hi all,

No matter i'm a Greek i've never been to Zakynthos yet; i'm going there this year though. I've heard about this wonderful turtle event and that only 3/1000 of them finally make it - i guess people have something to do with that.

Anyways, there is a day or a period of days that baby turtles pop out of their eggs and start walking towards the sea. This has to be a great thing to watch so i'd like to ask if anyone got to see it and what was the date cos i'd like to go.

I already know turtles leave their eggs between June and August, but i wanna know when the eggs get broken and newborns get out.

Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 20, 2008 at 1:02 AM
    • Island hopping

Zante Jul 16, 2008 at 11:47 AM

I am going to spend my summer holiday in Zante and would like to go to Kefalonia and Lefkada on the way back Does anyone know if there are ferries from Yante to Kefalonia and from Kefalonia to Lefkada and what are the prices approximately for two passengers and a car.
      Thanks!

5 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    • Ihtiandra's Profile Photo

top ten to see/ visit

Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Jul 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Can anyone recommend any execursions/ places to visit on Zante?
      Thanks a lot.

3 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    • Hotel Contessa Argassi

Zante Jul 6, 2008 at 3:43 PM

I hope to holiday in argassi in sept next, and has anybody any info about Hotel Contessa Argassi is it fairly quiet area near there I dont want lots of night clubs or noisey pubs near hand.
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jul 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM
    • air conditioning

Zante Jul 6, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Hi, Does anyone know how much air conditioning at derekas studios in laganas for two weeks is? Please

1 Answer Jul 6, 2008 at 11:34 AM
    • legal drinking age

Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Jul 4, 2008 at 8:15 AM

I'm going to zante ND SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT greece count age from conception and the drinking age is 17. Does this mean you only have to be 16 years and 3 months old
      cheers

7 Answers Jul 16, 2008 at 2:08 AM
    • zante

Zante Jul 2, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Does anyone no what Derekas studios are like in zante,laganas?

1 Answer Jul 2, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    • Weather

Zante Jul 2, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Im going to zante the first two weeks of September and want nice sunbathing weather.. does anyone know what the weather is like that time of year??

2 Answers Jul 7, 2008 at 5:09 AM

car rentals

Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Jun 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Hi, we are going to Zante this summer and want to rent a car there to see an island, does anyone can give me idea of prices, tips and places to rent a car please?
      thanks a lot

2 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 3:07 PM

snorkelling Zante

Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Jun 30, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Hi, we are planning to go to Zante this summer, does anyone know good places for snorkeling there, and in particular at Southern & South- Eastern parts of island? thanks a lot in advance

• Spas in Zante

Zante Jun 25, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Hi there,
      I am headed to zakynthos in Sept and was wondering if anyone had reccomendations for a spa there? I am staying in a condo not a specific hotel...

Thanks!

• thessaloniki - patras distance

Zante Jun 11, 2008 at 4:04 AM

hello
      i'm traveling to zakynthos for my holiday, by car. i wanna now what is the best way to reach zakynthos from thessaloniki? how distanced is zakynthos from thessaloniki in km? since i know patra - kilini is 76 km, how distanced is thessaloniki - patra?
      thank you in advance
      ivona from serbia

2 Answers Jun 11, 2008 at 10:50 AM
    • thessaloniki - patras distance

Zante Island Jun 11, 2008 at 3:47 AM

hello
      i'm traveling to zakynthos for my holiday, by car. i wanna now what is the best way to reach zakynthos from thessaloniki? how distanced is zakynthos from thessaloniki in km? since i know patra - kilini is 76 km, how distanced is thessaloniki - patra?
      thank you in advance
      ivona from serbia