Prefecture of Trikala

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public Transport from Thessaloni​ki to Kalambaka 19/04/2014

Meteora Apr 17, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I will be travelling from Thessaloniki to Kalambaka on the 19/04/2014, returning 21/04/2014 & I have realised that this is easter Saturday.
      I have looked on-line on both the bus & train websites and they are both not showing any trains or busses for these days - can anyone help?

Is there any public transport over easter?
      What is the best way for me to get to the Hotel?

more
    • supernika's Profile Photo

Visit Meteora for one day

Meteora Apr 6, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hi, we're planning to visit Meteora for one day in juny. Is it possible to visit all for visiting opened monastery for this time? Which one is "must see" and how can I get from Kalambaka to the monastery?

Thank you for your answers.

more

Popular Prefecture of Trikala Travel Answer Locations

• Public Transport from Thessaloni​ki to Kalambaka 19/04/2014

Meteora Apr 17, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I will be travelling from Thessaloniki to Kalambaka on the 19/04/2014, returning 21/04/2014 & I have realised that this is easter Saturday.
      I have looked on-line on both the bus & train websites and they are both not showing any trains or busses for these days - can anyone help?

Is there any public transport over easter?
      What is the best way for me to get to the Hotel?

6 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • supernika's Profile Photo

Visit Meteora for one day

Meteora Apr 6, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hi, we're planning to visit Meteora for one day in juny. Is it possible to visit all for visiting opened monastery for this time? Which one is "must see" and how can I get from Kalambaka to the monastery?

Thank you for your answers.

12 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    • getting around in meteora

Meteora Mar 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Is it possible to go around in kalambaka and meteora by public transport e.g bus? Does the bus go to those Monasteries?

1 Answer Mar 6, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    • Romania Visa

Meteora Dec 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Hi I'm currently in europe and i have a schengen type visa D, issued in Manila for France since Ive been studying here for the past four months. Im wondering if this is sufficient for me to go to Romania this December?

3 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • Half Day Trip in Meteora

Meteora Dec 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I am planning to take the morning train from Athens to Kalambaka on December 16th. I will get to Kalambaka at 1pm and the train back to athens will be at 5pm. I only have four hours for the monasteries. Can I do this? I don't mind going to only one or two monasteries and just get a view of the others. How long would it take my by walking/hiking/taxi to get to a good spot for the monasteries? Thank you.

7 Answers Dec 5, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    • NoraS's Profile Photo

Kastraki to Pili/Pyli

Meteora Sep 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We're going to Meteora for climbing in September and stay in Kastraki. Are there any busses operating between Kastraki/Kalambaka and Pili/Pyli or Mouzaki?

2 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM
    • Greece Delphi to athens

Meteora Sep 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM

we are traveling from Patra to Delphi to meteor and back to athens airport 19th-22nd of sept. any suggestions on where to stay and is this trip doable?

3 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • tours from kalambaka

Meteora Aug 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

is it possible to stay at kalambaka and visit places like delphi?

4 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    • Local bus to Meteora operating during April?

Meteora Jul 6, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Hi! My sister & I will be staying in Kastraki for 3 nights during April 2014. From what I can gather, the local bus ( from Kalambaka) to the Meteoras only begins operating in May. Does anyone know if the bus does operate during April? Many thanks!

2 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 4:58 AM
    • Meteora to Ioannina

Meteora Jun 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM

In late October we will be visiting Meteora (staying in Kastraki). What is the best way to travel from this area to Ioannina where we will catch a flight back to Athens? Are there regular buses? Can we hire a car in Kalambaka and drop it off in Ioannina?
      Thanks !

7 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 4:36 AM
    • MaryW38's Profile Photo

Planning 1 day to Meteora and back to Athens

Meteora Apr 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am planning to go to Meteora for 1 day and I read a lot of forum but cannot figure out how to plan. I am thinking to take a over night train and sleep on the train and arriving Kalambaka (but dont know the train takes how long to go as some said 6 hours some said 8 hours ?? if I arrived kalambaka it is taking the bus to Meteora in early morning then I plan to work for half day and taking train back to Athens around 1pm.
      Can someone help me whether it is workable and how I can get the train time table
      Thus the date I plan to go is arriving on May 8 which is Tuesday, and I read some post said that Tuesday will be closed, is it ?
      Many thanks in advance :)

3 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 5:41 AM
    • How long in Meteora?

Meteora Aug 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Hi,
      I am travelling on a four day tour in mid/late August that arrives in Meteora in the evening (from Delphi) and has the Monday morning in Meteroa before heading back to Athens. I don't think this will be enough time to really see Meteora so I was thinking of staying longer and making my way back to Athens by myself.

Plan A - stay for the afternoon and then catch the 5.32pm train back to Athens on that day (i.e. one full day to see Meteora)
      Plan B - stay the afternoon and the following day and then catch the 5.32pm train back to Athens (i.e. two full days to see Meteora)

How long do you think I need to look at the monastries? Are there other sights that I should take the time to see in the area? Are the trains running at the moment?

Thanks

7 Answers Aug 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    • One Day Trip of Meteora to Athens

Meteora Jul 29, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Hi. We are a pilgrimage group. We will be taking a tourist bus. From an overnight stay in Kalambaka, we plan to explore the Meteora monasteries only for the whole morning. Then Lunch. Then we depart for Athens at 1:00 P.M. We plan to make a brief stop in Delphi. Then on to Athens for an evening panoramic tour of key sites of Athens. Then we stay overnight in Athens. Is that a workable schedule for one day? We are a group of 35, some elderly. We appreciate your critique of this trip. Thank you so much!

7 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 1:26 AM
    • From Kalambaka to Meteora

Meteora Dec 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Hello!

I'm going to meteora in 10 days and I've been said, there's no bus from kalambaka to meteora in winter. Should I take a taxi to go up or is it posible to go walking? Anybody could tell me how long does it takes?
      Thank you very much,

Marta

7 Answers Dec 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    • A few hours in meteora

Meteora Jun 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Hello

I will be in Athens on the 5th of july, and would like to take a car/bus to meteora, that evening, spend a few hours on the sixth, and go back that day.

Can anyone give me the best way to do it? I know that there are both buses and trains. what would be the best, where do I find their timetables, and how long would it take?

also - if there is anyone who drives that way that day - Id be happy to join ans split the expenses...

Thanks

Rohan

1 Answer Jun 19, 2011 at 2:31 AM
    • from thessalonici to meteora

Meteora Mar 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM

hi,

what would be the best way to reach to meteora from Thessalonici?
      where should one stay after visiting meteora monasteries?
      anything in between meteora and Athens?
      Are women allowed in the monastery?-i know about proper dressing and such-

8 Answers Mar 4, 2011 at 4:13 AM
    • Meteora to Olympia

Meteora Feb 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I'll be traveling to Greece in July 2011. We will be in Delphi 7/13 and would like to visit Meteora on 7/14. Does anyone know how long of a drive (renting a car) it is from: Delphi to Meteora, and then from Meteora to Olympia. We're not sure of the best car route from Meteora to Olympia, and whether we should stay overnight in Meteora area before heading south to Olympia. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

7 Answers Feb 21, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    • Winter in Meteora

Meteora Sep 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM

We are planning a trip to Greece for Christmas break. Does anyone know what the weather is likely to be and if things will be open at this time? We'd like to stay a few days in the area.

3 Answers Jan 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    • Stop between Athens and Meteora?

Meteora Jun 6, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Next month our family (no small children) will be driving from Athens to Meteora. We won't be in a hurry and are trying to decide on a brief stop to break up the trip and make it more pleasant. Any recommendations on what is worth the stop for a meal, a pleasant walk, or some other diversion? Lamia looks to be halfway but we aren't sure there is much there. Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jun 7, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    • Overnight buses from Athens?

Meteora Mar 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Are there overnight buses from Athens to Meteora?

2 Answers Apr 2, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    • Great Meteora, open or close?

Meteora Mar 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Hi. I am planning to visit Meteora the 10th. of June. I read that Great Meteora is closed Tuesday and Wednesday in winter; and only closed on Tuesday in summer. Do they consider June 10 summer or they stick to the calendar? Thank you. David.

4 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 6:35 AM
    • From Kalambaka to the monasteries

Meteora Feb 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM

How do I get from Kalambaka to the monasteries? I am planning on taking a train from Athens to Kalambaka on a Tuesday morning (march 16) and then touring at least 2 monasteries the next morning before heading back to Athens again. Can someone help me with train times for the two days and also how do I get to the monasteries once I am in Kalambaka? is there a bus? or do I take a taxi?
      Organized tours from Athens are expensive 180 euros.

Please help!!!
      MLeon

6 Answers Mar 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    • meteora from patra

Meteora Jun 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM

yasas
      i m students studing at patra
      and i want to go for a short trip to meteora
      i have only two days with me
      and i would like to see delphi or mt. olympus with meteora
      can someone please help

how much does it take from kalambaka to mt.olympus
      and is thr a good bus service for patra- delphi and from delphi-kalambaka and is thr any bus from patra-kalambaka and timing please (of return also)

6 Answers Jul 10, 2009 at 5:53 AM
    • Train and Bus schedule from Athens to Meteora.

Meteora Nov 19, 2008 at 6:54 AM

Can someone provide the train and bus schedule from Athens to and fro Meteora?
      Is there any website ? Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 26, 2008 at 10:07 AM
    • climbing in meteora

Meteora Sep 14, 2008 at 8:23 AM

is it possible to hire a guide in meteora?? i am an experienced climber but travelling alone and without much gear.

2 Answers Nov 26, 2008 at 10:10 AM
    • How travel in Meteora?

Meteora Sep 8, 2008 at 12:11 PM

How travel in Meteora?..to visit some monasteries and around Kastraki or Kalambaka village.

Thanks

3 Answers Sep 9, 2008 at 10:21 AM
    • cjkran's Profile Photo

2 Day Tours from Athens

Meteora May 12, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Has anyone taken a 2 day tour of Meteora from Athens? There are several offered through many different companies. Each includes about 2 hours in Delphi, then the next morning in Meteora.

I know this is not a lot of time in either place, but unfortunately will be in a time crunch so don't have much more than this.

Can anyone offer any reviews of such tours?

Thanks so much!

3 Answers May 13, 2008 at 10:45 AM
    • accomodation

Meteora Apr 17, 2008 at 6:03 AM

i would like to find accomodation for two addults and two children for the period 1st may to 4th may 2008 nearby Meteora.I would like also know the best way to see more of this natural wonder.If You can help me I will be extremely gratefull.

Looking forward for Your answer.

Best regards

4 Answers Apr 17, 2008 at 9:52 AM
    • Are there any 1 day tours (guided tours) from athens to meteora?

Meteora Oct 27, 2007 at 12:59 PM

hellow everybody,

I would like to go on a 1 day tour from athens (where i'm staying) to meteora, because of a tite schedual, and I suppose that the best way of using the time correctly is to take an organized tour. But are there any 1 day organized tours from athens to meteora? and another question is how much is about to cost (i'm on a low budget...)

thanks a lot,
      oded

2 Answers Oct 28, 2007 at 11:16 AM
    • mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

Is a car necessary when visiting Meteora

Meteora May 8, 2007 at 12:27 AM

I wander if a car has any advantage when visiting Meteora - if not - I might chose going by train or bus - also if you have recommendation for nice but not expensive accomodation that will be great - any advices are appreciated - thanks - Mary

1 Answer May 8, 2007 at 7:07 AM