Prefecture of Pieria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

more
    • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Santorini's YOUTH HOSTEL OIA -- The End Of An Era

Santorini Island Nov 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM

After 34 years of hosting visitors to Santorini from every corner of the globe the Youth Hostel Oia, owned by my dear friend Manolis Karvounis, has closed its doors for good. I wish Manolis and Gabi much joy and happiness wherever their path leads them. YAMAS!

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

Island hopping in Greece?

Greece Nov 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM

My sister and I are going to Greece next month December. Is island hopping possible in December? Are there any tour for this? We are arriving 1st December. Is there any one day trip/2 day trip cruise available?

more
    • location similar to Kamari promenade elsewhere?

Santorini Island Nov 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM

In the last summer I spent a few days in the town of Kamari. I liked the pedestrian promenade along the beach with many clubs, restaurants and small hotels directly on it. It was very pleasant to have a drink in our hotel’s pool-bar facing the sea and the nice crowd walking on the promenade.
      I’m wondering if a location like this exsists in any other Greek island! Do you know any?

more
    • Kalamata to Messini archeological site

Kalamata Nov 12, 2014 at 6:54 AM

How can you get from the cruise port in Kalamata to the Messini archeological site by bus?

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Luggage in Bluestar ferry to Santorini

Greece Nov 17, 2014 at 8:57 AM

HI everyone, my question is:
      If I take the bluestar ferry from Pireaus to Santorini in economy class, will I be able to store my luggage somewhere, or do I have to keep it next to me all the time (we are 2 adults, 1 child, carrying 3 big suitcases)
      How about in a cabin? If I take a cabin I suppose I can leave it in the cabin and take a walk around the decks and then go back to the cabin and sleep for a while. Are cabin passengers allowed in the decks and/or business lounge?

Thanks!

more
    • SUGGESTIONS ON 14 DAYS IN GREECE

Greece Nov 17, 2014 at 3:27 AM

My wife and I are a middle aged couple and are planning a fortnight's trip to Greece in the Second half of September 2015 (from 16 Sep to 30 Sep). We have worked out the following itinerary:-
      Day 01: Arr Athens by Air; Night tour of Athens.
      Day 02: Athens; City tour of Athens. (Visit temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian’s arch and Acropolis.
      Day 03: Athens – Olympia. Via Theatre of Epidaurus, Nauplion, Mycenae, Tomb of Agamemnon, Central Peloponnese, Tripolis, Megalopolis.
      Day 04: Visit Olympian Zeus, Drive through Eliad and Achaia to Delphi.
      Day 05: Delphi – Kalambaka.
      Day 06: Visit Meteora, Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae.

Day 07: Athens - Mykonos

Day 08: Mykonos
      Day 09 Mykonos
      Day 10 Mykonos - Santorini
      Day 11: Santorini - Volcano & Hot Springs Boat Tour.
      Day 12 Santorini.
      Day 13: Santorini – Athens
      Day 14 Depart Athens by air.
      Would welcome a critique on the above with specific recommendations of:-
      (a) Whether what we are doing is part of a "must do" and whether we are missing out anything.
      (b) Is the weather OK during this period or should we advance the plan by a week / 10 days.
      © Any changes to the above are most welcome please.
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Where can I pickup bluestar ferry tickets bought online.

Greece Nov 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM

HI everyone,

I am taking a ferry from Piraeus to Santorini on April 4 2015. I understand this can be a very busy date since its easter sunday, so I don´t want to risk it and prefer to buy my ferry tickets in advance.
      I could use your recommendations on wether I should buy them directly from the bluestar website and pickup at one of their "central agencies" like:
      GIOVANTI
      26, Akti Possidonos, 18531 Piraeus
      Τel.: +30-210-4119171, 4119175, Fax: +30-210-4137144
      e-mail: info@giovanti.gr

Or is it better to book through another website that delivers the tickets at the airport/hotel?

Which option is more reliable?
      Thanks!

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

International Driver License

Athens Yesterday

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

more

suggestion on 2 weeks in December in Greece

Greece Nov 22, 2014 at 3:38 AM

My husband and I will be coming on a 2 weeks (dec.3 to 17) visit to Greece in December. Our general plan is 2/3 days in Athens then rent a car and drive to interesting places/small city and visit 2 islands. I checked extended weather forecast for December in Athens and found that after December 10 there will be cloudy and thunder storm most of the days. It looks like we will be in 7days in good weather and 7days in somewhat rainy/cloudy weather. Please advise what to do/see in December. Thanks in advance.

more
    • considering retiring in samos or open to other island and I need some help

Samos Island Nov 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Hi, I'm uk citizen and have been living in virginia bch va usa as us citizen. My family live in uk and I'm wanting to live closer to them without living in uk! Im female 64 yrs. I will be living off my uk/usa pension/social security. I will need to feel safe & secure, so interested in crime rates, where best to live and not!
      What are requirements for living permanently in greece as uk citizen. Can I work or open a small business, I'm in skin care field offering customized facial treatments & retail skin care products.
      What kind of money will I be looking at for accommodation, food, utilities, travel etc. Are there theaters close buy? Does samos still have things to do after tourists have left. (I'm not a drinker, so not interested in bar scene). I would like to get involved in the community, I like to keep busy but also love my quiet time too. I love learning new skills & hobbies and enjoy people. I might even be interested in an online business, if I could figure out what type, and it would help financially, (any ideas?) Also, how difficult is it to open a bank account and have pension deposited?
      If you have any Information that would be beneficial I would appreciate it.
      My sister and I are planning a visit this year to visit a couple of islands or so. I'd love to hear about your experiences and wisdom. Kind regards, linda

more

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

more
    • a location like this in Mykonos?

Mykonos Nov 16, 2014 at 4:03 AM

In the last summer I spent a few days in Santorini in the town of Kamari. The location was perfect: there’s a long pedestrian promenade along the beach with many clubs, restaurants and small hotel directly on it. It was very leasant to have drink in our hotel’s pool-bar facing the sea and the nice crowd walking on the promenade.
      I’m wondering if a location like this exsists in Mykonos or in any other Greek island! Do you know any?

more

Popular Prefecture of Pieria Travel Answer Locations

• Bus travel time

Katerini May 12, 2014 at 4:28 PM

I am taking train from Athens to climb Mt. Olympus. I understand the train goes from Athens to Katerini and then must take a bus to Litchoro. Correct? How often does the bus travel and what is the time of travel from Katerini to Litchoro?
      Also, is there no train that stops at Litchoro?

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM
    • Local city bus from the train station in Katerini to Paralia Katerini

Katerini May 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Hello! Help me please! I'll arrive by train at the railway station of Katerini. Where can I find the bus stop to Paralia Katerini? Is there a chance to take a bus at 7 pm?

1 Answer May 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    • Taxi prizes

Litokhoron Apr 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM

What will be the normal costs of a Taxi from trainstation Litochoro and the center of litochoro

• From Bus Olympus Plaza to Paralia Katerini

Katerini Mar 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi there! I will be travelling to Paralia Katerini in June and the bus I will use stops at Olympus Plaza station. How can we get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus, taxi...? Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 29, 2014 at 11:57 PM
    • way to move

Litokhoron Mar 23, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Hello,
      Within litochoro there is public transportation?
      I would want to be able to go of litochoro to the following places:
      - Dion
      - Moni agiou dionisiou

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 5:19 AM
    • Where can I go directly from train station in Leptokaria?

Prefecture of Pieria Mar 5, 2014 at 12:12 PM

How much it costs, how long does it take to get there, and
      where can I get directly? :)
      I'll be staying in July. :)

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    • cafe ambasador and dimitri &sotiris papadopulos who remebers this people

Katerini Mar 2, 2014 at 2:13 PM

who remember cafe amasador and brothers papadopulos owners this cafeteria

• Ticket price

Katerini Dec 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Can anybody tell how much a ticket from Katerini to Tessalonik is (by KTEL bus, I suppose)?

3 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    • bus to platamonas

Prefecture of Pieria Aug 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM

please tell me how can i get from katerini or larissa to platamonas by train or by bus

7 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    • Kiwi_Travellers's Profile Photo

Katerini buses

Katerini Jul 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Please give me times buses go from Katerini to Litochoro from 2pm on a week day

1 Answer Jul 28, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    • Kiwi_Travellers's Profile Photo

Buses to Litochoro

Katerini Jul 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Travelling by train from Athens arriving in Katerini around 2pm. How often do buses leave Katerini for Litochoro?

4 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    • prices

Prefecture of Pieria Jun 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM

How are the prices for food and water in the markets in Pieria?

1 Answer Jun 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    • nbwickstrom's Profile Photo

Litokhoron

Litokhoron Mar 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM

What is the easiest route from Delphi to Litokhoron? I can't seem to find any helpful answers online!

5 Answers Mar 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM
    • PetyaKoleva's Profile Photo

Petya

Katerini Jul 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Hi! How can I get from Katerini to Katerini Paralia b public transport? I suppose there are buses, does someone know what is the timetable, price..?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    • shoping centers in katerini

Katerini Oct 21, 2011 at 6:57 AM

I've heard that there are at lest two chopping centers in Katerini for cheap china goods where you can by on wholesale. There is also this Leather Centro where you can by some cheap leather products.
      can anybody give me the right address on this locations?

• Looking for accomodation in Katerini

Katerini Aug 16, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Hello!!

Im travelling to Katerini for 5 mounths from October to February, and I am interested in booking a small apartament or a share flat... If you know any website where I could find something about that or you know someone who I can contact... I'd be very pleased if you let me know.

Cheers,

• Private Accomodation Request for August

Katerini Jul 2, 2011 at 4:17 AM

Hi All,

I am looking for Private accomodation (Vila or Town House) in Katerini Paralia for August.

I know it's a little late for this request but any infformation suggestions are welcome.

I have no specific requiremens but a Pool and Jacuzzi / spa pool would be ideal.

Dates in august are flexible.

Many thanks in advancee

Jason x

• Paralia-Olympic beach

Katerini Jun 27, 2011 at 7:04 AM

I am interested to rent one room for 2 adults and little kids in perios time 15.07-15.08 for 7 days or 10 days and also l need owner to let us haveing with us chihuaha (the smalest dog)?Any offer?????I am expcting resonable price because we all know vary well that kind of situation now is in greece (we live also in greece).Thank you vary much!

• Private accomodation in Platamonas, Nei Pori, Olympic Beach

Katerini Jun 28, 2010 at 3:23 AM

I am interested if anyone knows decent and inexpensive private accommodation (studio apartments) for rent in Platamonas, Nei Pori or Olympic Beach. I am planning on staying in one of the little towns in the second half of August. Also, if you know any websites offering private accommodation, please let me know. I appreciate you assistance!

4 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    • I want to Learn Greek In Katerini

Katerini May 31, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I want to know if there are any schools in or near Katerini to learn Greek. I do not drive. They would have to be on a busline or..?

1 Answer Jun 5, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    • Connection to Thessaloniki

Katerini Aug 2, 2009 at 7:06 AM

Hi all, I'm just trying to find out how to reach Katerini from Thessaloniki airport via city center.
      I read about bus 78/78A to the city center every 20'/35' minutes from the airport.
      But someone can tell me if from the Central Railway station there are KTLE buses to Katerini???
      I will need to move in a different place to take these buses???
      trip is just 45' is it correct???

Thanks for your help.

I'll be in Thessaloniki next 18 August, landing at 2:00 p.m.

2 Answers Aug 4, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    • Trains and Buses from Katerini to Nei Pori

Katerini Jul 18, 2008 at 6:24 AM

Hi, I am coming to Katerini-Paralia this summer and I would like to know if there is any bus or train service from Katerini to local places such as Litochoro, Leptokaria and Nei Pori? Is there any timetable available on the net? Thanks a lot! Janinna

• How can I get from Thessaloniki to Olympic beach?

Katerini Apr 21, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Hello! :)
      Next month I am going to Olympic Beach for a couple of days and I do not know exactly how to reach Olympic beach by train. I know that there's a train from Thessaloniki to Katerini. Does anybody know how much it is and how long does it take to reach Katerini?
      And my second question is: Is there a bus from Katerini to Olympic beach, because I saw that the distance is about 7 km.
      Thank you!!!!!

3 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • URGENT: From Katerini/Paralia to Meteora and Mount Olymp?

Prefecture of Pieria Sep 14, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Hi!
      I'm leaving for Paralia tomorrow and I need to know are there regular buses to Meteora and Mount Olymp? Is it possible to go there in the morning and come back in the evening? Do you know schedule and prices of bus tickets?
      Can I go to the village in the foot of Meteora and do the trip by myself? And yet be back in Paralia for the dinner?
      Many thanks in advance!

2 Answers Aug 27, 2008 at 1:30 PM
    • gay-clubs in katerini????

Katerini Sep 12, 2007 at 9:00 AM

are there any gay clubs, especially for women, in katherini or somewhere near??? thesaloniki?? tnx a lot! we're staying here just for couple of days....

1 Answer Jun 25, 2008 at 2:52 AM
    • Car Rental

Katerini Apr 2, 2007 at 8:00 PM

I've booked my flight to Greece for this August and will be staying in a small xorio called Eginio and Megali Gefira. I'd like to rent a car for two weeks and imagine that the best place to do so is in Thessaloniki or Katerini. I've searched online and have many quotes but everything is so expensive. They are quoting me over 300 euros for an Automatic (don't drive manual) for only 1 week. Does anyone know a place to rent a car for cheaper? Or maybe ask around for me...I'd really appreciate it.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 8:45 AM
    • rent 4 a month

Katerini Mar 14, 2007 at 12:44 PM

hey:) i'm coming to katerini for last 7 years , but this time i'd like to rent appartment or even a house for a whole month in summer(for 4-5 persons). can you give me some advice or a connection with someone who can or who rents houses and appartments? Thanx in advance:)

1 Answer Mar 17, 2007 at 2:46 PM
    • What do you know about Edem Holiday Club?

Katerini Feb 28, 2007 at 6:26 AM

I want to go next summer at Edem Holiday Club, near Olympic Beach and you'll help me a lot if you tell me any opinion about this location (if you know somethings). I want to know if is nice, safely , if it worth to spend a holliday there.
      Thank you!

1 Answer Feb 28, 2007 at 12:14 PM
    • Trasportation to Athens

Katerini Nov 24, 2006 at 4:49 AM

Please let me know haow i can rich Athens from Paralia Katerinis?

3 Answers Nov 26, 2006 at 4:11 AM
    • transport

Prefecture of Pieria Sep 25, 2006 at 3:46 AM

Hiya,

I'm booked to get to Paralia Katerinis in October 2006. I am planning to rent a car, but for the service I'm using I can pick the car up only from Leptokaria. My question is: is there any buses or trains to get me from Paralia Katerini to Leptokaria and back?

Thanks

2 Answers Sep 27, 2006 at 4:15 AM