Prefecture of Lesvos

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles

Thessaloniki Apr 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles we will be near Moni Vlatadon for 3 days filming
      thanks

more
    • Taxi prizes

Litokhoron Apr 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM

What will be the normal costs of a Taxi from trainstation Litochoro and the center of litochoro

more
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

Rhodes (Island) Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

more
    • Are there any Bead shops in Kos?

Kos Mar 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Or somewhere that might sell them?

Many thanks!

more
    • Heraklion airport to Galaxy hotel transfer

Heraklion Apr 21, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Hello

Flight landing time : 10 pm. Do i have any chance to take a bus at such an hour to a stop close to my hotel ?
      Any idea of a recent quote regarding a taxi ride ?
      Is Heraklion taxi company reliable ?

Efcharisto poli

more
    • Apartnemt for Rent in Rafina.

Rafina Apr 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I am looking for an apartment to rent in Rafina, Greece. I only need a small apartment for one person, with a small equiped kitchen. For 3 weeks in July. Something nice and affordable. thank you.

more
    • Alexandra_Zebra's Profile Photo

Meteora - Litochoro by bus

Greece Apr 16, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Hi there!
      My husband and I are going to Halkidiki this may.
      We want to travel from Thessaloniki to Meteora by bus or train. There stay for a night and in the morning visit the monasteries. The same day (in the evening) we want to get to Olympus, Refuge A.
      I found such a useful bus schedule http://www.visitmeteora.travel/en/getting-to-meteora/getting-to-meteora-by-bus but still have some questions.
      I guess the best way is to get from Kalampaka to Trikala, there take a bus Trikala - Thessaloniki. Does it stop at Litochoro? And where can I find bus numbers, routes and stops?
      Does anyone have any advice?

more
    • Kardamena to asclepeion

Kos Island Apr 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

more
    • 5 hour cruise stop in chios

Chios Island Apr 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

With only a 5 hour cruise stop in chios, what would you suggest as the most important thing to do/see

more
    • Profitos Ilias shrine,near Nafplio

Nafplio Apr 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Tell me please more about it,who lives there and who visits?

more
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

crete itinerary

Crete Island Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I appreciate everyone's help with my itinerary so far. I think we have a final itinerary but I have one more question.
      We have a total of 14 days. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
      Chania 3 nights
      Loutro 3 nights
      Rethymomn 3 nights
      Enagron Ecotourism Village 3 nights
      Iraklion 2 nights

What advice would you give about going to Agios Nikolas instead of Enagron?

more
    • Taxi Fare in Skiathos, Greece

Skiathos Apr 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Approximately, how much is the taxi fare from the cruise ship terminal in Skiathos to Koukounaries Beach?

more
    • Searching for a single room in Athens

Prefecture of Attica Apr 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I need a private room for 3 months from April in Athens centre.
      I'm from Italy and I'm doing a research for my Phd paper.
      Can you help me?

more
    • Last Post on this forum was in 2011

Thasos Island Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Have there been more recent posts than 2011? I like the look of Thassos but as a New Zealander I'm a bit wary of places that have been overrun with UK holiday makers, does it still have an authentic Greek Island feel about it??

more
    • Transport from samos airport to ferry port

Samos Island Apr 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM

How far is the bus stop in kleopatras street from the airport? Can it be walked easily?

more
    • Rent a scooter in Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hi!!! Me and my friends are planing a 1-2 days stay in Thessaloniki, and we were thinking of renting scooters to trip in the city. Can you please recommend me a good place to rent and what the normal prices per day are?

more
    • From Bus Olympus Plaza to Paralia Katerini

Katerini Mar 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi there! I will be travelling to Paralia Katerini in June and the bus I will use stops at Olympus Plaza station. How can we get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus, taxi...? Thank you.

more
    • looking for a flatshare

Athens Mar 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hello ! I am desperatly looking for a room in flatshare in Athens... Does one of you know a website which could help me in my searches ? Thanks for your help...

more
    • naxos island shopping

Naxos Island Yesterday

where to find local linen table napkins and cloths on Naxos Island

more
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Psarou, Mykonos Town or Ornos?

Mykonos Island Apr 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi All, We will be in Mykonos for 3 nights in July. Want to spend the days on the beach and enjoy the nightlife of an evening. Love good food (not touristy places if they are available in Mykonos?)
      What do you think the best area to stay in is? Psarou, Mykonos Town or Ornos?
      Can anyone please give me their opinions on the pros and cons of each?
      Thanks a bunch!
      Rach

more
    • Please, I have need help in this problem !

Greece Apr 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • Ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini

Agios Nikolaos Apr 10, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Are there ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini or do you have to catch the ferry from Heraklion?

more
    • Spending Money

Rethymno Apr 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Hi, How expensive is Crete we're trying to decide how much to take, me and my partner are going for 11 nights self catering? Thanks Chris.

more
    • October trip

Santorini Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM

How is Santorini in Oct. In term of weather, tourists, and accomodations, etc.
      Thanks

more
    • Current Weather

Rhodes (Island) Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, my family and I are flying out early next week to Rhodes. Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like so we know what to pack please?

Many thanks.

more

Popular Prefecture of Lesvos Travel Answer Locations

• MuratU's Profile Photo

Travel from Mytilini town to Molyvos

Lesvos Aug 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Hi there,

We're taking the evening ferry from Ayvalik to Mytilini and we've got our own cars. We would like to find out the best route for driving from the town to Molyvos so that we can check-in to our hotel and be in time for an late dinner in Molyvos. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

4 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • IlanaM's Profile Photo

ferry travel from Ayvalik to Mitilini and transfer to Vatera

Lesvos Jul 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM

We are planning on taking the ferry from Ayvalik in Turkey to Militini on Lesvos the first week of September and then staying at Vatera Beach. The problem is it seems all the ferries are in the evening. Does any one know of a daytime ferry? or what is the best and most vareasonably priced way to get to Vatera from the ferry port?

7 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • price taxi

Plomarion Apr 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM

what is the price for a taxi from the airport to plomarion?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2013 at 3:10 AM
    • banuaka's Profile Photo

suggestion for smart accomodations in Mytillini&Molyvos...

Lesvos Sep 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Hello everyone!...we're going to Lesvos tomorrow!:)) for a week!:)
      any suggestions for a decent&nice&economic hotel or Pansion in Mytillini and Molivos?..
      thank you very much:))

banu

• tynda's Profile Photo

Travel by moto to Lesvos

Lesvos Apr 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

My wife and I want to travel from Piraeus to Lesvos (ferry) with our BMW moto. Then
      we want to continue to Turkey by ferry. #1. Is there a problem
      that I do not see? #2. Is there in fact a boarder crossing
      into Turkey so we can continue on to Lake Van, Turkey.

Thanks for your info. Eric and Gail via tynda@aol.com

• Moving to lesvos from UK -2011

Lesvos Aug 25, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Hi
      If anyone has experienced a move to greek islands before, or even lesvos, looking for any useful information, My partner and I are well travelled, and have been to greek islands many times. We are now looking to move there for 12 months maybe longer...so work..accomodation...anything would be appreciated.
      We'll be driving from UK early spring 2011. need to know a good route to take.
      Many thanks.
      wrossy

2 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 2:42 AM
    • Last Minute Questions

Lesvos Jul 10, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Hi all. Last minute questions (of a basic nature) due to last minute booking of holiday to Petra!

1. We are 3 adults, 1 child. How much can we expect to pay for lunch and dinner(child normally eats at least as much as an adult) and how expensive are the drinks?

2. How are the buses regarding regularity, coverage and cost? Would like to travel a bit, but not enough to warrant hiring a car.

We'll be there in 2 weeks time, so if anyone could answer, that'd be great.

Cheers!

5 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM
    • Lesvos accomodation

Lesvos Nov 25, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Hi,
      I am going to be on Molyvos in Sept. Is anyone familar with Pine Tree Garden? It is a 3 bedroom house I am interested in renting

• Molyvos Lesvos Info

Prefecture of Lesvos Nov 3, 2008 at 7:27 AM

Hello everyone, new to this site. We are going to Molyvos in May 09. Staying at the 'Geranium House' Is there any one out there who has stayed at this property and any information about it and of Molyvos itself. Any info would be much appreciated, We like to eat in more traditional resturants and go for a couple of drinks afterwards. Love greek music (not Plinky Plonk). Many Thanks in advance.
      Tom and jackie

• Dj in Lesvos

Lesvos Jun 3, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Hi I`m going down to Lesvos in july and might bring my records, but is there any clubs there wich like house techno or trance.
      Would be nice to shake up a club or two.

• JANNCOX's Profile Photo

Money exchange in Petra

Lesvos May 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM

We will be going to Petra, in two weeks time 29th May. As the euro is poor at the moment here in England, would it be better to wait until we get to Lesvos to change cash, or would we get a better rate using ATM machines. We have the type of debit card that does not charge for transactions abroad. Hope someone can advise us, thankyou. J.A. COX.

• TRANSPORT TO LESVOS

Prefecture of Lesvos Mar 31, 2008 at 2:28 AM

Dear All ,
      I want to come to Lesvos this summer by car but I need to know how can I do this.If I take ferry from Kavala how many hours I spend on the way?Ferry is everyday?

1 Answer Apr 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM
    • physical address

Prefecture of Lesvos Dec 2, 2007 at 3:36 AM

I need to know the physical mailing address for the mytilene Castle.

3 Answers Dec 2, 2007 at 2:53 PM
    • Jannice48's Profile Photo

Skopelos/Alonissos

Skopelos Nov 25, 2007 at 5:32 AM

Now booked up for 2 weeks in early July to Skopelos and looking at the possibility of a night on Alonissos. We will be hiring a jeep for a few days to reach those small rocky coves and a boat for a day to reach those with no road access. Before I start contacting companies though, does anyone have any preferences as to hire companies for both the jeep and the boat?
      Also I see there are a few boat trips from Skopelos for the day......any in particular that anyone would recommend?
      I'd be very interested in an around the island boat trip to help me decide what area I'd need to hire my own boat from as to which bays I need to see. The same applies to Alonissos and any trips to the deserted Islands in the marine park.
      When I hire a boat on Skopelos do they allow you to go across to Agh Georgios Isl and Mikro Isl and would combining these with the coastline around Cape Kiourto and southwards then back along to Skopelos town be a possible day trip or would it be a little too much?

Thanks for any help. Greatly appreciated

Jan

• pikuu's Profile Photo

Lesvos snorkeling

Lesvos Aug 10, 2007 at 1:05 AM

Hi everyone knowing Lesvos a bit!!!

One of my favorite travel interests is snorkeling. I don't suppose it
      will be enough time during my Lesvos visit to organize some diving expedition but for sure I would like snorkeling a bit ... SO maybe you know some Lesvos beaches where I could observe interesting underwater landscape and sea creatures? Probably My hotel will be in Petra.

thanx for ASAP answer because my holidays will start already from 28. August.

greetings piku

4 Answers Oct 9, 2007 at 12:04 PM
    • Skala Eressos, Lesvos Advice

Prefecture of Lesvos May 2, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I will be traveling to Skala Eressos, Lesvos at the end of this May with my family. Does anyone have advice for good food/nightlife in or around Skala Eressos? Grandma is also coming and staying with us, so we will have a babysitter and will be able to go out in the evenings. Thanks!

2 Answers May 2, 2007 at 4:05 PM
    • Two weeks in Skala Kaloni?

Prefecture of Lesvos May 2, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Hi,

I will be going with my girlfriend to Skala Kaloni for two weeks from middle of august to early September. We will be coming here after travelling around the Greek Islands Santorini and Naxos to be specific. We will be renting a car and will be staying in the Aegeon Hotel in Skala Kaloni, we are just wondering if there are many things to do around here such as watersports and the option of going out at night if we want to?

Thanks a lot,
      Andy

1 Answer May 2, 2007 at 3:37 PM
    • Petra advice

Prefecture of Lesvos Mar 2, 2007 at 6:19 AM

Has anyone knowledge of the locaton of the Sunset Hotel in Petra ?
      I am close to booking accomodation here in the summer for my family and note that most websites state it is 150m to the beach and only 250m to the resort centre.
      I have read one review however that stated it was a half mile away from the resort ?
      Can anyone assist and put my mind at rest either way
      Thanks

1 Answer May 9, 2007 at 8:44 AM
    • indramix's Profile Photo

High season

Prefecture of Lesvos Feb 13, 2007 at 3:10 AM

Hi!

When is the best place in summer to visit Lesvos? When is a high season, and when are the prices lower?

14 Answers Mar 13, 2007 at 5:01 AM
    • Thomasina's Profile Photo

Summer Holiday In Lesvos

Prefecture of Lesvos Jan 28, 2007 at 1:32 AM

Morning world. We are hoping to spend our summer holiday at Kalloni, in Lesvos. Never been before and would much appreciate any advice, warnings, things to do, what to eat, ect.
      We are both in our late 30s and my son is 13, So anything that might keep him interested while there would be great. We are hoping just to melt on the beach and shop locally, we wont be hiring a car, cause we is scaredy cats. Anything within walking distance would be a plus
      Hope to hear from you soon x
      Thomasina

• twirltwirl's Profile Photo

Off-season Lesvos trip

Prefecture of Lesvos Dec 13, 2006 at 2:39 PM

Hi, I'm a woman travelling solo to Lesvos this spring, for 2-3 weeks. Considering late March-until after Easter. Anyone have an opinion of the best time to go in spring? I am seeing the best flight prices for late March, but am concerned that accomodations will still be closed for the winter? Will it be crazy over Easter or is that a special time to visit and experience the culture? I am going off season to avoid crowds and save money. I am also a jeweler and would love to connect with some local metalsmiths. If anyone has a tip on how to do that beforehand, I would be most grateful.

• Millie120's Profile Photo

Best beaches in Lesvos?

Lesvos Jul 16, 2006 at 12:33 AM

Hi, we're heading off to Lesvos pretty soon and were wondering where the 'best beaches' are? I've read about Vatera and Skala Kalloni but wondered if anyone else had any other preferences? Also, looking for good snorkelling areas.

2 Answers Aug 23, 2006 at 3:28 AM
    • changing money

Lesvos Jun 20, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Is there an exchange bureau or bank where you can change travellers cheques or is it better to take sterling with you and change that?

3 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    • Cost of living

Lesvos Jun 19, 2006 at 6:49 AM

Further to my previous question just to clarify we have accommodation booked and paid for. We will be paying for car hire by credit card. £1,000 spending money is for two people for all food and drinks and any other expenses. We do not like to visit night clubs and a night out consists of a meal and a few drinks. We like traditional bars rather than touristy English type bars. Can anyone advise if this will be enough cash to take.

4 Answers Jun 20, 2008 at 3:38 AM
    • Cost of living

Lesvos Jun 15, 2006 at 9:09 AM

We are going to Petra on 13th July for two weeks. Can anyone give me a guide on the cost of living, i.e. the cost for a meal for two people, the price of a beer and a cocktail. We are not sure how much spending money to take for two weeks but would £1,000 be enough?

7 Answers Jul 4, 2006 at 5:39 AM
    • Cost of living

Lesvos Jun 15, 2006 at 8:11 AM

We are going to Petra on 13th July for two weeks. Can anyone give me a guide on the cost of living, i.e. the cost for a meal for two people, the price of a beer and a cocktail. We are not sure how much spending money to take for two weeks but would £1,000 be enough?

1 Answer Jun 15, 2006 at 9:58 AM
    • Has anyone here been to Lesvos?

Lesvos Mar 10, 2006 at 3:44 AM

My husband and I would like to visit Athens, Crete, Santorini and Levros in October for 14 days (this doesn't include round trip flight time from the U.S.), but Levros seems a bit out of the way. Would it be practical to try to set this up and/or do you think Levros is worth including or unique in some way. We will be doing car rental except in Athens. Thanks you for your advice!

2 Answers Mar 10, 2006 at 3:47 PM
    • ingec2000's Profile Photo

Molivos - hotel Eftalou

Prefecture of Lesvos Oct 5, 2005 at 3:37 AM

Hi!

My name's Inge ("Ina" in Greek ;)) and I'm a 23-year old Belgian girl. I went to Lesbos a few weeks ago and I really loved it. People are really nice and the island is still rather authentic without masstourism. I was there for about seven days and I wasn't able to visit all the places..So I'm thinking about returning next year. I stayed with a friend of mine in Hotel Eftalou near Molivos, one of the most beautiful places on the island so you should visit it. The hotel was also very good. The owners are a Greek family- so really authentic, the rooms were nice with good working aircondition and also the food we received at dinner was very good. I really recommend it. Anyway I'm getting to the point. I had some nice conversations with the waiter who's called "Lino" and when I left I promised to write (we didn't have a romance if you think so , only friends!) but I haven't got his emailadress anymore... so I don't know what to do ... Do you know perhaps how I could get in contact with him or do you know perhaps the e-mailadres, it would be such a waist to loose contact, because I think it's really interesting having friends all over the world..So I would really appreciate your help. I tried already to send an e-mail to the hotel, but I don't know if there going to pass my message. So your help is welcome!

Thank you!

Ina

1 Answer Oct 9, 2005 at 12:42 PM
    • The white elephant

Limnos Island Aug 20, 2005 at 5:10 PM

Travelling in Limnos, I have been intrigued by the large turistic complex named Kaviria Palace Resort that is now completely abandoned. It is possible to have some more information about this story? Who built that, why it failed? Does some photo exist of the complex fully operational? I would really much know more about the story, that looks really intriguing. Thanks. marco

5 Answers Nov 22, 2005 at 12:52 PM
    • Marathon19's Profile Photo

Lesvos

Prefecture of Lesvos Jun 12, 2005 at 3:51 PM

I will be travelling to Lesvos in August. My father was born there and I have been there 3 times. However, the last time was when I was 18 and haven't been back for 12 years. And I know things must be different now.
      Does anyone have any info about which cities have a good night life. I am a single 30 year old that is just looking to have a great time.
      Any info would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Mike

1 Answer Jun 13, 2005 at 9:42 AM