Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Linse's Profile Photo

Fishing where and what?

Lamia Dec 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi
      Where would you go fishing if you are in Lamia? And what kind of fish can you catch?

more
    • Wychwoodgolfer's Profile Photo

Thessaloniki - Skopje

Thessaloniki Dec 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Can anybody provide reliable contact for transport for 6 persons traveling from Thessaloniki airport - Skopje centre in April 2015. Any other tips or advice on places to visit while in this part of the world would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Eddy

more
    • 4 DAY CLASSICAL TOUR OF GREECE

Greece Dec 2, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are planning to take a 4 day classical tour from Athens ( Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora). On the internet, one sees that there are many tour operators, each with equally good reviews. Could any fellow VT member share with us his/her knowledge or experience to help us decide which tour to go on.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • FEEDBACK ON ASTORIA TRAVELS

Greece Dec 4, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Has any fellow VT member any experience / knowledge about the Astoria Travels. Are they genuine and dependable

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

12 days in Greece : Itineary

Greece Nov 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Hello VTers,
      After receiving all of your advice and suggestions (especially thanks to mindcrime, brotherleelove, rexvaughan, DAO and to name a few), I have come up with the following plan. Please review and advise.
      Day 01: Arrive Athens in the afternoon; Night life in Athens.
      Day 02: Athens; full day Sarnoric tour. (Visit temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian’s arch and Acropolis, Syntagma and etc…
      Day 03: pick up the car, drive to Nafplio – visit Corinth, Myceane on the way, visit Epidavors, walk around Nafplio and enjoy the evening in Nafplio
      Day 04: Drive to Monemvasia, Gilthio, Sparti, Tripolis, Megalopoli (any suggestion where to stay overnight?)
      Day 05: Drive to Olympian Zeus, via Eliad and Achaia to Delphi. Overnight at Delphi.
      Day 06: Drive to Kalambaka. Stay overnight at Kalambaka.(any sightseeing suggestion along the way?)
      Day 07: Visit Meteora, Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae.
      Day 07: Athens – Santorini (Flying)
      Day 08: Santorini – Volcano? Hiking Fira to Oia, Hot Springs Boat Tour?
      Day 09: Santorini – Athens (fly back in the evening)
      Day 10: Athens (Shopping )
      Day 11: Leave Athens
      According to weather forecast, on the day 5, 6 and 7 will be sunny on Santorini. In that case, we will have to come back to Athens from Delphie and do the Kalambaka and Meteora trip after the Santorini trip.
      I still have some questions 
      Should we rent a car in Athens when we arrive at airport or at the hotel or book on line from Canada?
      Which area to stay in Athen to drive in and out easily from the city?
      Thank you in advance.
      Shwemanthu

more
    • Off Season Greece -

Greece Yesterday

I'm planning a trip to Greece at the end of February/beginning of March. I'm aware that it's most definitely not tourist season but unfortunately there's a reason for the timing. I've heard different things about some of the islands being "closed" but I'm not necessarily worried about that because people still have to live. Any suggestions on what/where to see? I'm definitely going to Athens/Santorini/Mykonos - just not sure in what order. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

more
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

Santorini Island Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

more
    • BEST SEASON FOR MYKONOS AND SANTORINI

Greece Nov 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

We plan to be in Greece in the second half of September next year (beginning 16 September). We will be first spending about 6-7 days visiting Athens, Olympia, Delphi etc and thereafter from the 24th to 30 September we would spend 3-4 days each in Mykonos and Santorini in that order. In Mykonos and Santorini, amongst other things we do, look forward to going in the water on the beaches. Weather wise it is good to do so or will the water become too cold for swimming? Should we reverse the sequence and first go to the islands and thereafter come to the mainland?
      TIA

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

Train and Bus schedule from Athens to Meteora

Meteora Dec 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We are in Athen now and would like to go to Meteora.
      Can someone provide the train and bus schedule from Athens to and fro Meteora?
      Is there any website ? Thanks.

more
    • 10 days in august

Athens Dec 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM

3 of us planning 10 days beginning August in Greece. Looks like we have to begin and end in Athens. Plan is to visit one or two islands....Siros is a definite and would like to see Mykonos also. Perhaps break the return ferry journey to Athens with another island?? Then a relaxing hideway ( for last three days) beach and peace important, within striking distance of Athens for return flight. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

How long it will take to look around in acropolis ?

Athens Dec 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We will be arriving Athens in the middle of the day. After checking in at hotel around 1 o'clock, we would like to go to acropolis. Is it enough time to visit all including ancient agora, before the sun set.

more

Popular Prefecture of Lesvos Travel Answer Locations

• Lace shops in Mytlini souk

Lesvos Jul 31, 2014 at 6:21 AM

I was in Mytlini this week. I like lace handmade curtains in the souk. Unfortunately I could not purchase them due to sieasta hours :(. Is there anybody who can give me lace shops phone numbers in the souk ?

2 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • JJ1's Profile Photo

Looking for an English speaking driving instructor

Lesvos Jul 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I'm due to visit Lesvos in September and will be hiring a car at the airport. I'm looking for a driving instructor who could give me a lesson about Greek road signs and driving on the right hand side of the road, before I head out to explore on my own. I'm from the UK and have never driven on the right before. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Jul 29, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • Is this the place for me?

Lesvos Jul 24, 2014 at 6:21 AM

I am looking for a Greek Island to holiday on which has plenty of scenery, nice beaches and and some antiquities, but is generally off the beaten track and pretty quiet (we are going late in the season - e.g. September).
      Can you tell me how easy lesvos is to get to and whether this ticks the boxes

3 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    • Accommodations

Limnos Island Jun 19, 2014 at 5:08 AM

What Hotels do you recommend for Lemnos?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2014 at 6:33 AM
    • How many days is needed to really enjoy the holiday?

Limnos Island Jun 18, 2014 at 2:18 AM

I am arriving in Lemnos on a Monday evening and trying to decide if I should leave on Sat or Monday?

3 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    • Where to Stay?

Lesvos Jun 16, 2014 at 6:29 AM

We're planing a 4 day visit to Lesvos in late July. Considering how huge the island is I can't make sure about what region to accomidate.
      Would Plomari be an odd choice as it is way too far from Molyvos-Petra region or Sappho's region? Would it be any fun to spend the nights in Plomari? Any advice would be ace! Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • skala kallonis

Lesvos Apr 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Hi, I have read old reviews (c.2010) that refer to skala kallonis having lots of stray dogs and cats. Is this still the case as none of the recent reviews mention it.
      Also, some reviews say this resort is really quiet and a bit grubby on the beach etc and others say it is lovely golden sands. What is it really like?

4 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

Travel from Mytilini town to Molyvos

Lesvos Aug 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Hi there,

We're taking the evening ferry from Ayvalik to Mytilini and we've got our own cars. We would like to find out the best route for driving from the town to Molyvos so that we can check-in to our hotel and be in time for an late dinner in Molyvos. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

4 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • IlanaM's Profile Photo

ferry travel from Ayvalik to Mitilini and transfer to Vatera

Lesvos Jul 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM

We are planning on taking the ferry from Ayvalik in Turkey to Militini on Lesvos the first week of September and then staying at Vatera Beach. The problem is it seems all the ferries are in the evening. Does any one know of a daytime ferry? or what is the best and most vareasonably priced way to get to Vatera from the ferry port?

7 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • price taxi

Plomarion Apr 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM

what is the price for a taxi from the airport to plomarion?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2013 at 3:10 AM
    • banuaka's Profile Photo

suggestion for smart accomodations in Mytillini&Molyvos...

Lesvos Sep 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Hello everyone!...we're going to Lesvos tomorrow!:)) for a week!:)
      any suggestions for a decent&nice&economic hotel or Pansion in Mytillini and Molivos?..
      thank you very much:))

banu

• tynda's Profile Photo

Travel by moto to Lesvos

Lesvos Apr 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

My wife and I want to travel from Piraeus to Lesvos (ferry) with our BMW moto. Then
      we want to continue to Turkey by ferry. #1. Is there a problem
      that I do not see? #2. Is there in fact a boarder crossing
      into Turkey so we can continue on to Lake Van, Turkey.

Thanks for your info. Eric and Gail via tynda@aol.com

• Moving to lesvos from UK -2011

Lesvos Aug 25, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Hi
      If anyone has experienced a move to greek islands before, or even lesvos, looking for any useful information, My partner and I are well travelled, and have been to greek islands many times. We are now looking to move there for 12 months maybe longer...so work..accomodation...anything would be appreciated.
      We'll be driving from UK early spring 2011. need to know a good route to take.
      Many thanks.
      wrossy

2 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 2:42 AM
    • Last Minute Questions

Lesvos Jul 10, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Hi all. Last minute questions (of a basic nature) due to last minute booking of holiday to Petra!

1. We are 3 adults, 1 child. How much can we expect to pay for lunch and dinner(child normally eats at least as much as an adult) and how expensive are the drinks?

2. How are the buses regarding regularity, coverage and cost? Would like to travel a bit, but not enough to warrant hiring a car.

We'll be there in 2 weeks time, so if anyone could answer, that'd be great.

Cheers!

5 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM
    • Lesvos accomodation

Lesvos Nov 25, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Hi,
      I am going to be on Molyvos in Sept. Is anyone familar with Pine Tree Garden? It is a 3 bedroom house I am interested in renting

• Molyvos Lesvos Info

Prefecture of Lesvos Nov 3, 2008 at 7:27 AM

Hello everyone, new to this site. We are going to Molyvos in May 09. Staying at the 'Geranium House' Is there any one out there who has stayed at this property and any information about it and of Molyvos itself. Any info would be much appreciated, We like to eat in more traditional resturants and go for a couple of drinks afterwards. Love greek music (not Plinky Plonk). Many Thanks in advance.
      Tom and jackie

• Dj in Lesvos

Lesvos Jun 3, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Hi I`m going down to Lesvos in july and might bring my records, but is there any clubs there wich like house techno or trance.
      Would be nice to shake up a club or two.

• JANNCOX's Profile Photo

Money exchange in Petra

Lesvos May 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM

We will be going to Petra, in two weeks time 29th May. As the euro is poor at the moment here in England, would it be better to wait until we get to Lesvos to change cash, or would we get a better rate using ATM machines. We have the type of debit card that does not charge for transactions abroad. Hope someone can advise us, thankyou. J.A. COX.

• TRANSPORT TO LESVOS

Prefecture of Lesvos Mar 31, 2008 at 2:28 AM

Dear All ,
      I want to come to Lesvos this summer by car but I need to know how can I do this.If I take ferry from Kavala how many hours I spend on the way?Ferry is everyday?

1 Answer Apr 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM
    • physical address

Prefecture of Lesvos Dec 2, 2007 at 3:36 AM

I need to know the physical mailing address for the mytilene Castle.

3 Answers Dec 2, 2007 at 2:53 PM
    • Jannice48's Profile Photo

Skopelos/Alonissos

Skopelos Nov 25, 2007 at 5:32 AM

Now booked up for 2 weeks in early July to Skopelos and looking at the possibility of a night on Alonissos. We will be hiring a jeep for a few days to reach those small rocky coves and a boat for a day to reach those with no road access. Before I start contacting companies though, does anyone have any preferences as to hire companies for both the jeep and the boat?
      Also I see there are a few boat trips from Skopelos for the day......any in particular that anyone would recommend?
      I'd be very interested in an around the island boat trip to help me decide what area I'd need to hire my own boat from as to which bays I need to see. The same applies to Alonissos and any trips to the deserted Islands in the marine park.
      When I hire a boat on Skopelos do they allow you to go across to Agh Georgios Isl and Mikro Isl and would combining these with the coastline around Cape Kiourto and southwards then back along to Skopelos town be a possible day trip or would it be a little too much?

Thanks for any help. Greatly appreciated

Jan

• pikuu's Profile Photo

Lesvos snorkeling

Lesvos Aug 10, 2007 at 1:05 AM

Hi everyone knowing Lesvos a bit!!!

One of my favorite travel interests is snorkeling. I don't suppose it
      will be enough time during my Lesvos visit to organize some diving expedition but for sure I would like snorkeling a bit ... SO maybe you know some Lesvos beaches where I could observe interesting underwater landscape and sea creatures? Probably My hotel will be in Petra.

thanx for ASAP answer because my holidays will start already from 28. August.

greetings piku

4 Answers Oct 9, 2007 at 12:04 PM
    • Skala Eressos, Lesvos Advice

Prefecture of Lesvos May 2, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I will be traveling to Skala Eressos, Lesvos at the end of this May with my family. Does anyone have advice for good food/nightlife in or around Skala Eressos? Grandma is also coming and staying with us, so we will have a babysitter and will be able to go out in the evenings. Thanks!

2 Answers May 2, 2007 at 4:05 PM
    • Two weeks in Skala Kaloni?

Prefecture of Lesvos May 2, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Hi,

I will be going with my girlfriend to Skala Kaloni for two weeks from middle of august to early September. We will be coming here after travelling around the Greek Islands Santorini and Naxos to be specific. We will be renting a car and will be staying in the Aegeon Hotel in Skala Kaloni, we are just wondering if there are many things to do around here such as watersports and the option of going out at night if we want to?

Thanks a lot,
      Andy

1 Answer May 2, 2007 at 3:37 PM
    • Petra advice

Prefecture of Lesvos Mar 2, 2007 at 6:19 AM

Has anyone knowledge of the locaton of the Sunset Hotel in Petra ?
      I am close to booking accomodation here in the summer for my family and note that most websites state it is 150m to the beach and only 250m to the resort centre.
      I have read one review however that stated it was a half mile away from the resort ?
      Can anyone assist and put my mind at rest either way
      Thanks

1 Answer May 9, 2007 at 8:44 AM
    • indramix's Profile Photo

High season

Prefecture of Lesvos Feb 13, 2007 at 3:10 AM

Hi!

When is the best place in summer to visit Lesvos? When is a high season, and when are the prices lower?

14 Answers Mar 13, 2007 at 5:01 AM
    • Thomasina's Profile Photo

Summer Holiday In Lesvos

Prefecture of Lesvos Jan 28, 2007 at 1:32 AM

Morning world. We are hoping to spend our summer holiday at Kalloni, in Lesvos. Never been before and would much appreciate any advice, warnings, things to do, what to eat, ect.
      We are both in our late 30s and my son is 13, So anything that might keep him interested while there would be great. We are hoping just to melt on the beach and shop locally, we wont be hiring a car, cause we is scaredy cats. Anything within walking distance would be a plus
      Hope to hear from you soon x
      Thomasina

• twirltwirl's Profile Photo

Off-season Lesvos trip

Prefecture of Lesvos Dec 13, 2006 at 2:39 PM

Hi, I'm a woman travelling solo to Lesvos this spring, for 2-3 weeks. Considering late March-until after Easter. Anyone have an opinion of the best time to go in spring? I am seeing the best flight prices for late March, but am concerned that accomodations will still be closed for the winter? Will it be crazy over Easter or is that a special time to visit and experience the culture? I am going off season to avoid crowds and save money. I am also a jeweler and would love to connect with some local metalsmiths. If anyone has a tip on how to do that beforehand, I would be most grateful.

• Millie120's Profile Photo

Best beaches in Lesvos?

Lesvos Jul 16, 2006 at 12:33 AM

Hi, we're heading off to Lesvos pretty soon and were wondering where the 'best beaches' are? I've read about Vatera and Skala Kalloni but wondered if anyone else had any other preferences? Also, looking for good snorkelling areas.

2 Answers Aug 23, 2006 at 3:28 AM
    • changing money

Lesvos Jun 20, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Is there an exchange bureau or bank where you can change travellers cheques or is it better to take sterling with you and change that?

3 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM