Prefecture of Lesvos Travel Answers

change location

Two weeks in Skala Kaloni?

by cheesedude Online Now May 2, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Hi,

I will be going with my girlfriend to Skala Kaloni for two weeks from middle of august to early September. We will be coming here after travelling around the Greek Islands Santorini and Naxos to be specific. We will be renting a car and will be staying in the Aegeon Hotel in Skala Kaloni, we are just wondering if there are many things to do around here such as watersports and the option of going out at night if we want to?

Thanks a lot,
Andy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Two weeks in Skala Kaloni?

by dimilag Online Now May 2, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Hi,

You don't have to worry about watersports. The sea is in front of you and in about 100 meters, on the left, there is a company which has anything you need. There are bars, discos, restaurants, fish taverns, etc. I suggest you to eat at the restaurant that is situated at the main square, on your left hand site, at the waterfront. Unfortunatelly, i am not sure about its name. I have eaten there many, many times since my childhood. But there is a variety of fish taverns and the only thing you have to do is to take a seat and order your fresh fish. At the beggining of August in Skala Kalloni takes place the Sardines Fest. All the tavernas bake sardines and the air is full of their smell. Sardines, in combination with ouzo is a great meze. You will be lucky if you manage to catch this fest. If you like Italian food eat at Iliotropio (Sunflower). For a drink visit Koursaros (Pirate) Bar or Anemos (Wind). In August 16th, in the nearby town of Kalloni, at its main square, takes place the Fest of Reunion, dedicated the the people of Kalloni living abroad. A lot of local food is served, a lot of folk music, many people dancing and a great fun. Don't miss it. I hope that this year i will be present (It is my birthtown after all).

Regarding your car rental, buy a good road map of the island (Road Editions has the best maps according my opinion) and explore the island. It's the 3rd biggest island of Greece. There are a lot of things to see, to taste and to explore.

Visit this site for reviews about your hotel. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi...
    Aegeon_Hotel-Lesbos_Northeast_Aegean_Islands.html

Have a nice journey.

Dimitris

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prefecture of Lesvos Travel Answer Locations