Prefecture of Lesvos Travel Answers

change location

Petra advice

by SouthYorkshireman Online Now Mar 2, 2007 at 6:19 AM

Has anyone knowledge of the locaton of the Sunset Hotel in Petra ?
I am close to booking accomodation here in the summer for my family and note that most websites state it is 150m to the beach and only 250m to the resort centre.
I have read one review however that stated it was a half mile away from the resort ?
Can anyone assist and put my mind at rest either way
Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Petra advice

by rosienorton Online Now May 9, 2007 at 8:44 AM

Hiya

I don't know exactly where the hotel is, but as it is in Eftalou that means it's quite a way out from Petra and the nearest beaches are made up of large pebbles. I suggest, although it looks really nice, you try and find somewhere either in Molyvos or in Petra. Try the Alma beach hotel in Petra. It's located by Avlaki beach, very small but lovely location and it has one of the best, friendliest tavernas on the island, bang smack overlooking the sea, called The Avlaki Taverna. There is another one there as well which is also nice. The advantage of being there is it's not far into the centre of Petra, either along the main road (a bit busy) or round a track out back which is a really nice walk past fields and all sorts of animals. We tend to stay at the Nakellis which is in an olive grove, with a lovely pool and nice people (Manos). Not a hotel though. If you want somewhere right in town try the Blue Sky which is quite lively and child friendly I believe.
    Hope that helps.

Maybe see you in June or September!

Rosie Norton

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prefecture of Lesvos Travel Answer Locations