Prefecture of Laconia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Path under construction

Monemvasia May 8, 2015 at 11:29 AM

I read Rick Steve's recent note about Monemvasia and the path to the top being under construction, do you have an update on this and when it is to be open?

Thanks,
      Leonard

more

Popular Prefecture of Laconia Travel Answer Locations

• Path under construction

Monemvasia May 8, 2015 at 11:29 AM

I read Rick Steve's recent note about Monemvasia and the path to the top being under construction, do you have an update on this and when it is to be open?

Thanks,
      Leonard

• Travel without a Car

Elafonisos Island Aug 1, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Hi,

I am hoping to travel to Elafonisos in September. I know there are numberous posts about how to travel there -a nd more often than not, it recommends a car. Is there a way of doing this without a car? I do not drive...

Many thanks

Lorna

1 Answer Aug 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM
    • What is the best way to come to Elafonisos island?

Elafonisos Island Jan 31, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Hi, we are two families with 3 children from Croatia. We are comming to Elafonisos in June this year. We will come from Athenes by rented car. Could you please inform us should we take ferry from POUNTA or frorm NEAPOLIS? We can not find on web the ferry timetable.
      Thanks a lot in advance!
      Please respond to e-mail: suzi.tintor@gmail.com

7 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    • children activities

Sparta Jul 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I am taking a 6 year old to sparta in a few weeks! Any suggestions on things to do? Is it true that a water sprinkler park is being built? Is it done? Any kids playgrounds, etc..

• Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Nafplio to Monemvasia in a day?

Monemvasia Jan 24, 2011 at 6:03 AM

Hi! We're busy planning our trip to Greece and can do with some help here.
      Will it be possible to drive from Nafplio via Mystras to Monemvasia in 1 day? Will 1 day be enough to spend some time at Mystras?
      And also, can we (after 2 nights in Monemvasie) then drive from there through the Mani to Dimitsana in 1 day? Or shall we have to overnight in the Mani?
      Please help as this will be our first visit to Greece.

Annali

5 Answers Jan 26, 2011 at 10:52 PM
    • Durfun's Profile Photo

Driving to Corinth

Sparta Feb 28, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Hi,

May I ask what the traffic & route is like to do this journey please?

How bad is the traffic for this leg? Is the road signage good? Estimated journey time?

Thank you

Darshan

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Getting here

Monemvasia Jun 28, 2009 at 6:15 AM

Can anyone tell me about this place? How to get here by Hydrafoil, does it operate in May? Can it be done in a day? Is it even worth visiting? I do have an interest in Byzantine History, Art and Architecture.

10 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

sparta - olympia transport

Sparta Mar 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM

yassou.

i need to get to olympia from sparta on easter day (27 april) and i am looking into options.
      1) bus: Sparta-Artimisa-Kalamata-Pyrgos-Olympia (09.00-18.00). is there any better route?
      2) rent a car: is there any agency that will let me pick up in Sparta and drop off in Olympia?
      3) agency: is there any agency to offer this route?

i would really like to get there quickly, normally we rent a van but i have to do the trip on my own so any feedback would be extremely helpful.
      thank you.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2008 at 9:48 AM
    • nearest airport

Elafonisos Island Apr 22, 2006 at 7:52 PM

Hi! i have heard so much about this island, and i would love to go, but i was wondering wht is the nearest airport? and how would i get to the island! any information would be helpful.

thanks!

5 Answers Apr 24, 2006 at 9:39 PM
    • People wanted for taking part in an experiment at Monemvasia Castle

Monemvasia Oct 13, 2005 at 2:40 AM

Hi all,

My name is Giannis. I have constructed (as part of my PhD degree) an intelligent mobile guide system for the Monemvasia Castle. I am looking for people to test it. If you happen to be in Monemvasia at the Middle of November and you want to participate please email me at idoumanis@yahoo.gr. The tour with the system is completely free, all i need is your feedback on the system.

Also, can someone tell me where can i find the emails, telephone numbers of the HighSchool, and the mayor of Monemvasia?

Thanks

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Getting to Monemvasia from Kythira?

Monemvasia Feb 4, 2005 at 6:41 PM

Is it possible to go directly from Kythira to Monemvasia by ferry? If so, can you give me a link to a web site with more information? If not, what is the easiest way to get there? Again, a web site would be helpful. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 4, 2005 at 6:46 PM
    • Is it as beautiful as they say

Elafonisos Island Apr 11, 2004 at 9:33 AM

I have heard this island has wonderful beaches - are they as good as they say. I have also read that it is very crowded. We would be going in June - will it be ok then and where is it best to stay? I have tried looking up accomodation on the web without much sucess. I am going with two friends to stoupa and thought a two day break on elafanissos would be good. I would like to pre book a room if possible.

2 Answers Feb 21, 2007 at 2:22 PM
    • Elafanissos Island

Prefecture of Laconia Apr 11, 2004 at 9:30 AM

I am going to Stoupa in June for the second time and want to visit Elafanissos island and stay for a couple of nights. Where is the best place to get the ferry from and are there any reccommedations of where we can book a room to stay. There will be three of us and we have a car. Any other tips of places to visit whilst in that area would be greatly appreciated.

• Accomodation in Monemvasia

Monemvasia Jul 21, 2003 at 4:42 AM

I'm planning to go to Monemvasia from August 12th for one week. We are 7 people (4 adults). Any suggestion for a cheap place to stay outside the village (even a few kilometres)? How is the see near Monemvasia? Thanks in advance to anyone who will help me. Ciao Rossella

6 Answers Jul 22, 2003 at 5:19 PM