Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• no car in sidari

Corfu Island Jul 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM

We're staying in Sidari for 3 weeks in August (I know, it'll be sooooo hot!!) We have been to Corfu a few time before but never up north. We are happy to use public transport but need to know if you feel we will need to rent a car to get around? We'd like to go to the west coast beach. We've been to Corfu town many times and can use the bus to go there again, if we want, but are unsure about public transport up north. Would love to hear your view. Tx, Noeleen from Ireland

more

Popular Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Travel Answer Locations

• no car in sidari

Corfu Island Jul 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM

We're staying in Sidari for 3 weeks in August (I know, it'll be sooooo hot!!) We have been to Corfu a few time before but never up north. We are happy to use public transport but need to know if you feel we will need to rent a car to get around? We'd like to go to the west coast beach. We've been to Corfu town many times and can use the bus to go there again, if we want, but are unsure about public transport up north. Would love to hear your view. Tx, Noeleen from Ireland

6 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Ferrry to Albania

Corfu Island Jun 14, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Im going to Corfu for a week in August and I plan to take the ferry to Saranda Albania. I know there is a ferry but can anybody tell me from where in Corfu it departs from? Ive searched but it just says Corfu not a town in particular. Thanks, Chris.

2 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 4:49 AM
    • janemichelle70's Profile Photo

Child/Baby friendly restaurants/bars in Corfu

Corfu Island May 29, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Hi family with baby (8 months) teenager of 16 and my niece with her 3 boys (10) (7) and (2) searching places to go for holiday,can anyone recommend any child/baby friendly restaurants/bars in Corfu,please? Much appreciated.

5 Answers May 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    • share ride Igoumenitsa-Preveza Lefkada Vlikho 18 May 2014

Corfu Island May 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I have booked a taxi for the above route and date and would be glad to share it with up to 3 people going to Vlikho, Lefkada or Preveza (percentage share according to distance)

2 Answers May 3, 2014 at 2:39 AM
    • Information

Kassiopi Mar 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Could anyone give me any information on Kassiopi in Corfu as I am planning to visit in June. Can I get around the island from this base on public transport also has anyone heard of the Memento Kassiopi Resort as I cannot find any reviews or indeed anything on it.
      Any help most welcome

4 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 4:00 PM
    • rl1steve's Profile Photo

Villa Apanemia

Kassiopi Feb 3, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Hi All
      We are going to this villa in July.
      Can anyone give me directions to the harbour and square from this apartment ?
      Many thanks
      Steve

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 7:33 AM
    • L45's Profile Photo

Corfu to Nafplio

Kerkyra Jan 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Is there a way to get from Corfu in Greece to Nafplio without going through Athens?

4 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    • Corfu/Sarande Ferry

Corfu Island Nov 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Hi, my partner and i will be in corfu next summer and my in-laws will be coming over from Albania. I was just wondering if the ferry takes cars across or just passengers? And what the cost for a car is?
      Thanks

2 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM
    • A special occasion in Corfu

Corfu Island Sep 16, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Does anyone know of anything really special or different that my husband and I can do in Corfu? We are going next August as part of my special 50th birthday celebrations and wanted to really mark the occasion with something special. Any advice?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    • Quiet Times

Corfu Island Sep 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Is October a quiet time in Corfu?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
    • shopping for goods in corfu i am going on the 1st of september

Corfu Island Aug 29, 2013 at 5:39 AM

looking for good shops i corfu for handbags, perfumes, jewellery, clothes etc

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM
    • SandraT85's Profile Photo

Yanna's Apartments near Canal D' amour, Sidari Corfu

Corfu Island Aug 17, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Does anybody knows anything about Yanna's Apartments in Canal D' amour, Sidari Corfu?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • Where to stay in corfu?

Corfu Island Jul 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I am spending 2 nights in Corfu in the middle of August with my family and my 2 year old daughter. What is the best place to stay with kids? Do I need a car to go around?

4 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 2:30 AM
    • Eating late near to the port?

Corfu Island Jul 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

can anyone recommend some places that serve food late and wouldnt mind a group of 28 people descending on them at around midnight? near the port too.

• tucha's Profile Photo

Corfu to Dubrovnik??

Corfu Island Jul 12, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Hello to all

Is it possible to sail departing Corfu and arriving in Croacia (Dubrovnik)??

If so, which are the companys that provide that service??

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    • camasurich's Profile Photo

Wi-fi?

Paxoi Island Jun 23, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Is wi-fi readily available on Paxos? We are staying at Mongonisi

1 Answer Jun 23, 2013 at 2:58 AM
    • Where to eat?

Kerkyra May 30, 2013 at 4:17 AM

I am going to Corfu with my family for my mums birthday and would like to know where the best restaurants are? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    • UK brands in Corfu

Corfu Island May 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Which UK clothes retailers deliver to Corfu?

What was the service like? E.g. postage and packaging costs, delivery times etc.

1 Answer May 3, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    • Cigarette Prices & availability

Kerkyra May 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Can anybody tell me if the cigarette prices are the same this year or have they gone up? I was paying €3.80 for L&B silver last September. Also, are they freely available - I have heard they must be ordered in advance. I will be staying in Roda.

1 Answer May 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • bobnfran's Profile Photo

Would like to visit Old Town Corfu with a local person!

Corfu Island Aug 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM

We are an active senior couple from the USA who will be visiting in Corfu on Sunday September 9th. We would enjoy meeting an English-speaking resident or couple who would like to show us around Old Town and hopefully create a friendship.

Learning about your culture and way of life is of interest to us. And this is a good way to create peace in the world.

If interested and free that day, please post a reply. No professional tour-guides, please.

2 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    • where to stay while in Corfu ?

Corfu Island Aug 6, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Hello,

I am planning a 4 or 5 days stay in Corfu, it seams to me the island is sooo big and I am sure is not many days but this is what I can this time.

I have few questions to better use these 4 days:

strategically and logistically what is the best town to stay in? the town which is nice, close to nice beaches and at same time easy to go travel the island from there? what about night life is nice in this town?

any names of apartment, residence, resort, bed&breakfast, hotels you recommend me in this town?

thanks

1 Answer Aug 7, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    • ancabelascu's Profile Photo

Moraitika

Corfu Island Jun 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

We have chosen our holiday in Moraitika this year and someone that has already arrived there found us a room to Fondas Apartments. have you ever been there?
      Thanks, Anca

2 Answers Jul 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Luggage storage on Corfu

Corfu Island Apr 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM

Hello all
      I am getting the boat from Sarande to Corfu next month but I won't have time to spend a night in Corfu.
      Can someone tell me if there is a luggage storage area near the port where I can drop my bags for a few hours while I walk around the town? Also, if there is a tourist info office near the port they would surely know for sure.
      Thanks everyone!
      DG

5 Answers Apr 20, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    • Wanted: Great traditional restaurant for a wedding

Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Mar 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hello,

We're marrying in Corfu in 2013. I'm searching the internet for a special place but have trouble finding something. I'm hoping for some insider advice here!

We came across lot's of package deals but we're searching for an restaurant which fits this description:

-Preference is do to in the north of Corfu
      -olive tree in or around the restaurant. Olive tree garden would be the best
      -small intimate restaurant that will fit 30 guests
      or:
      - on a hilltop or view on nearby beach/sea and surrounded by lot's of green

2 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    • Corfu Accommodation - Then to Albania

Corfu Island Mar 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I'm arriving in Corfu on July 1st at 7:00 pm. I'd like to spend a few days on the island before heading to Albania on the 5th. I understand the ferry will probably leave at 9:00 am and I'll have to be there early to clear customs. I'm currently looking at the Pink Palace- it seems like a pretty "energetic" hostel, which should put me in that holiday mood at the beginning of my trip! I also looked at Sunrock, but I think PP would be better for me. Are there any other hostels worth considering? Then, I'm also wondering about my options for getting from PP to the ferry terminal in the morning. Any ideas?

1 Answer May 25, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    • Ferries/Hydrofoils to Paxos

Corfu Island Jan 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I've heard that a number of the ferries and hydrofoils between Corfu and Paxos have had their licences withdrawn by the Greek Government, does anyone know anything about this? My friend is getting married on Paxos in June and I'm worried that we won't be able to get there!

Any help would be much appreciated, L.

• accommodation

Paxoi Island Jan 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Hi , does anyone know of any tavernas that also have accommodation anywhere on Paxos
      Cheers Pete

• Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Supermarket between Airport and kalami ( North-east coast )

Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Oct 2, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Hi, we're going to Corfu next week and staying in a small villa in Kalami on the North-East coast. Can anyone tell me where to find a good supermarket between the airport and our destination so that we can pick up some supplies on the way. Any help would be much appreciated.

• getting around from cruise ship arrrive Kerkyra

Corfu Island Aug 28, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Is there anything we shouldn't miss. We will be here for day. What is best way to get around. Like to sight see. Good cafee?

1 Answer Sep 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    • Naomi_B's Profile Photo

Corfu-Sidari

Corfu Island Aug 21, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Is there a post office in Sidari? Or in Corfu town? Where? I would like the address.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2011 at 6:21 AM