Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Prefecture of Heraklion Travel Answer Locations

• Heraklion airport to Galaxy hotel transfer

Heraklion Yesterday

Hello

Flight landing time : 10 pm. Do i have any chance to take a bus at such an hour to a stop close to my hotel ?
      Any idea of a recent quote regarding a taxi ride ?
      Is Heraklion taxi company reliable ?

Efcharisto poli

1 Answer Yesterday
    • Hotel in Heraklion

Heraklion Apr 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Hi! Will be travelling to Heraklion & Chania in early June with my wife & 12-yr old son. Need to quickly firm up the hotels.
      I've been told that the best place to stay in Heraklion is on the 25th August Street. Can someone recommend some hotels there? Or would I find better hotels elsewhere? My budget is approx. Euro150 per night.
      In Chania I've been told that we should be staying on the harbour... is it a good suggestion? Budget remains the same, i.e. Euro150 per night.
      Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Heraklion excursion

Heraklion Apr 15, 2013 at 6:27 AM

We are a family of 9 persons with 1 Senior Citizen, 4 Adults & 4 Children aged 9, 10 & 12+, 16.
      We have already booked the 3-Night Louise Cruise in Greece.
      Now we require to book the Private Land Arrangements / Sightseeing (9 PAX Van with guide)

Sun 2nd Jun Cruise
      0700 am, arrival Crete (Heraklion), Greece, departure 1130
      Suggest Crete Land Excursion for 3 hours or provide 9 PAX VAN / 2 Taxis for 3 hours

2 Answers Apr 15, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • Workers room needed

Pefkos Mar 30, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Hi, I have worked in lindos for 2 summers but now I am wanting to stay in pefkos wondering if anyone has a workers room available from the 23rd May for the summer.

Thanks
      Joanna

• pefki island resort

Pefkos May 25, 2011 at 8:42 AM

does anybody no what this place is like going 1st sept also idea of how hot it will be got a little girl.many thanks

• pefki island resort

Pefkos Apr 25, 2011 at 6:07 AM

hi there im travelling to pefkos 1st sept first time here.could anyone tell me about these appartments,beaches and weather for this time of year,also best restaurants travelling with wife 13yr old son and baby princess 18month any information would be great many thanks tatts.

1 Answer Apr 26, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    • marin dream versus marin dream hotel

Heraklion Sep 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM

i paid for the hotel Marin dream in Heraklon to hotels.com but i have found that there are two hotels of the same name on the two different addresses. has anyone stayed at Marin dream hotel Doukis Bofor 12 and where exactly it is

7 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    • Transportation from Heraklion to Santorini in the Fall

Prefecture of Heraklion Sep 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Does anyone know whether there will there be a fast cat from Heraklion to Santorini in late October/early November? Alternately, does anyone know whether there is an airline that flies directly from Heraklion to Santorini without first going to Athens? We hope to travel from Crete to Santorini on October 31st or November 1st. Thank you for any help you can give me.

4 Answers Sep 20, 2010 at 2:47 AM
    • where is the dock for the cat 4

Prefecture of Heraklion Jul 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM

we are taking the hellenic seaways flyilng cat 4 from Iraklion to Santorini and I would like to know exactly where the boat leaves from and where the box office is as we are scheduled to pick up our tickets from the port of departure. please be as detained as possible.

1 Answer Jul 18, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    • ArgentineTraveller's Profile Photo

from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos (aldemar royal hotel)

Heraklion May 21, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Hello,

I am arriving at Heraklion Airport, and I have to move to a hotel located in Hersonissos (aldemar Royal hotel).

Is there a regular shuttle bus doing this route?
      Which are the alternatives for travelling from the airport to a hotel in Hersonissos?

Best wishes and thanks in advance!!

Carlos.-

7 Answers May 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    • RCI CRUISE MAY 2010 -

Heraklion Apr 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE CRUISE SHIP PORT IN RIGHT IN THE TOWN AND WILL I SEE ENOUGH JUST WALKING IN THE TOWN?

1 Answer Apr 19, 2010 at 4:55 AM
    • AnnemarieC's Profile Photo

Bar with traditional Greek music in Heraklion ?

Prefecture of Heraklion Apr 13, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Does anybody know if there is a bar/cafe in Heraklion where I might be able to hear some traditional Greek music (hopefully played live and not just recorded) while sipping my glass of krasi? Probably a long shot I know.....but somebody might know of a little place tucked away down a side street.

Euxaristo.

1 Answer Apr 13, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    • Transportation from Heraklion to Plakias

Heraklion Mar 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Can anyone tell me whether there is public transportation from Heraklion to Plakias? We will be touring Greece in late Sept./early Oct. We have made arrangements to leave our organized tour when we reach Heraklion, Crete (the last stop before we return to Athens). We want to go to Plakias to visit a friend who lives there. Should we rent a car? Is there a bus? Thank you for your help!

4 Answers Apr 3, 2010 at 1:59 AM
    • re filimon apartments

Pefkos Mar 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM

i heard filimon retired,is this true?,
      if so does the filimon still operate holidays?(2010)

regards

michael

• AnnemarieC's Profile Photo

Internet cafe in Heraklion?

Heraklion Sep 1, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Does anybody know of a centrally located internet cafe type place in Heraklion? I'm only going for 1 day and am desperately trying to find a way not to have to haul my laptop around with me.

Thanks,
      Anne-Marie

1 Answer Sep 1, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    • pefkos accommodation query

Pefkos Aug 27, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Hi

I am looking for accommodation which offers half board, is suitable for 2 elderly ladies (early 70s but still mobile) in Pefkos or very nearby. ideally somewhere that isnt up a hill. There dont seem to be many places offering half board from what I can see....?

Thanks
      Donna

5 Answers Aug 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    • Airport transport to Hersonissos/ Koutouloufari villages

Heraklion Aug 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Is there any public transport (buses) from the airport to these villages, or are there any reasonably priced taxi companies from the airport.
      Thanks, Stan B

2 Answers Aug 14, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    • how to get to iberostar crete panorama hotel near panopmo

Heraklion Jul 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Hi, I am traveling to iberostar crete panorama hotel on 9th of october near panormo and i would like to know what is the cheapest way to get there from heraklion airaport. Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 18, 2009 at 7:16 AM
    • vacation in crete

Prefecture of Heraklion Jun 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Hello, we are 2 friends wondering if go or not to go to Crete this summer. Is it a crowed island in August? Is is enough interestind to spend 10 days or is it just beachs? are there other islands near by interesting to make excursions? thanks!

4 Answers Jun 20, 2009 at 1:33 AM
    • heraklion city centre hotel for one night

Heraklion Jun 5, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Hello, I am traveling to Crete on the 9th of June and I need a double room in a budget hotel or bed and breakfast in Heraklion for one night. Ideally under £30 per night and within walking distance of the venetian fort . I have run various searches on the internet but I keep ending up with the same, upmarket,expensive hotels in Heraklion centre or in the surrounding area.I understand that smaller establishments perhaps don't advertise on the internet, has anyone got any recommendations? thanks!

3 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 8:28 AM
    • clewey's Profile Photo

Prassas Village

Heraklion Feb 22, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Hi everyone I know its a long shot but I am trying to find any information about this village near Heraklion we went there last year and found a great little Taverna with an outside area from which you could see the end of the Heraklion Airport runway in the distance we would like to find somewhere to stay in the village in june if possible.
      Thanks All

1 Answer Feb 22, 2009 at 2:05 AM
    • Beaches in/around heraklion

Heraklion Oct 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Hello,

I am not keen on staying in the city center for the one day that I can spend in Heraklion.

As per what I could search, I found the following beaches around heraklion. Could someone tell me how far they are from heraklion city center and if they have a public transport to and fro?

1. Paleokastro
      2. Agia Pelagia
      3. Lygaria
      4. Malia

WHich one is one of the better ones?

Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 12, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    • Agia Pelagia <-> Heraklion

Heraklion Oct 11, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Hello,

How do I get to:
      Villabellev,Aghia Pelagia,Heraklion,Crete.greece - Crete - Agia Pelagia, Greece

from

Heraklion

1. How much time would it take?
      2. How much would it cost?
      3. Are there buses as early as 7am in the morning?

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 12, 2008 at 6:15 AM
    • Airport -> Port (Thira bound)

Heraklion Oct 8, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Hello,

I would like to know how much
      1. time
      2. cost
      would it be to transfer from Heraklion/Kreta Intl. Airport to the port from where thira bound ferries depart.

Thank you!
      Mansi

1 Answer Oct 8, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    • Hostel/Rooms next to the Port of Heraklion

Prefecture of Heraklion Sep 14, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Hello!

Does anyone know a place to sleep next to the por of Heraklion
      I just find hotel mirabello at the city center!

thnks

J.

3 Answers Sep 17, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    • Flowersinmyhead's Profile Photo

Distance between the Ktel bus station and the Ferry Port (Heraklion)

Prefecture of Heraklion Jul 17, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Hello !

Does anyone know how far is from the KTEL bus station in Heraklion to the Ferry Port.
      I saw a map and it looks not far away.Does anyone know how long does it takes (more or less) walking?

Thank you

8 Answers Jul 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM
    • Flowersinmyhead's Profile Photo

9.45am Ferry Depart from Heraklion to Santorini

Prefecture of Heraklion Jul 13, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Hello friends,

I have a question concerning the 9.45Am Ferry from Heraklion to Santorini because i stay for 3 days in Chania and then i have to go to Heraklion and catch the Ferry to Santorini.

Do you think that leaving Hania in 5.30Am Bus i'll arrive in Heraklion with enough time to Buy the ferry ticket to santorini?
      I'm afraid that i cannot find a ticket one hour/half hour before of the depart.
      Do you sugest me to sleep that night in Heraklion and then at the other day be early at the port and buy the ticket.

Best regards*

9 Answers Jul 19, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    • Balam's Profile Photo

Car Hire

Prefecture of Heraklion Feb 6, 2008 at 6:26 AM

I wil be staying in Gouves for 2 weeks in july and would like to hire a car for about 10 days, does anybody know the best carhire company and the aproximate cost for 1 week of for 10 days. We are not looking to hire anything fancy just a cheap runabout.

Thanks
      Balam (Gareth)

5 Answers Feb 8, 2008 at 5:52 AM
    • Aitana's Profile Photo

hotels at Hersonissos

Prefecture of Heraklion Nov 13, 2007 at 11:25 AM

I am travelling next June to Hersonissos for a conference. Can anyone recommend a hotel near Aldemar-Knossos Royal Village?
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 8, 2008 at 9:41 AM
    • weather and stuff

Pefkos Oct 7, 2007 at 8:24 AM

Hello.
      I am heading for Pefkos on October the 17th. I know it's late in the season so I wondered what the weather is actually like...? Wil it rain often etc.
      Also what are the bars and restaurants like?
      Any info would be great.
      Staying at the Pefkos Beach Studios so anything about them too please
      Thanks.