Prefecture of Evros

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles

Thessaloniki Apr 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles we will be near Moni Vlatadon for 3 days filming
      thanks

more
    • Taxi prizes

Litokhoron Apr 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM

What will be the normal costs of a Taxi from trainstation Litochoro and the center of litochoro

more
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

Rhodes (Island) Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

more
    • Are there any Bead shops in Kos?

Kos Mar 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Or somewhere that might sell them?

Many thanks!

more
    • Infinty pool

Mykonos 9 hours ago

Hi everyone!! Just one week left and i'll be visiting mykonos!! I can't wait, we Will be staying at the myconian K hotel i have read the reviews and it sounds pretty cool! But i always wanted to spend a day at an infinty pool with an amazing view over te island. Do you know if the're are this kind of pool lounges i can visit? I have seen some pretty beautiful Pools but they are all from a hotel. Do you have other must do/ must see tips for me? I can't wait to hear it!

more
    • Good directions to Kastraki from Freeway (coming from Dodoni)

Meteora 22 hours ago

Please I need good directions to Kastraki - staying at Guesthouse Plakias - we are driving from Dodoni and do not want to get caught in the maze of streets or Kalambaka when we arrive. Nervous as drive on other side of road in Australia :-)

more
    • Heraklion airport to Galaxy hotel transfer

Heraklion Apr 21, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Hello

Flight landing time : 10 pm. Do i have any chance to take a bus at such an hour to a stop close to my hotel ?
      Any idea of a recent quote regarding a taxi ride ?
      Is Heraklion taxi company reliable ?

Efcharisto poli

more
    • Alexandra_Zebra's Profile Photo

Meteora - Litochoro by bus

Greece Apr 16, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Hi there!
      My husband and I are going to Halkidiki this may.
      We want to travel from Thessaloniki to Meteora by bus or train. There stay for a night and in the morning visit the monasteries. The same day (in the evening) we want to get to Olympus, Refuge A.
      I found such a useful bus schedule http://www.visitmeteora.travel/en/getting-to-meteora/getting-to-meteora-by-bus but still have some questions.
      I guess the best way is to get from Kalampaka to Trikala, there take a bus Trikala - Thessaloniki. Does it stop at Litochoro? And where can I find bus numbers, routes and stops?
      Does anyone have any advice?

more
    • Kardamena to asclepeion

Kos Island Apr 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

more
    • 5 hour cruise stop in chios

Chios Island Apr 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

With only a 5 hour cruise stop in chios, what would you suggest as the most important thing to do/see

more
    • Profitos Ilias shrine,near Nafplio

Nafplio Apr 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Tell me please more about it,who lives there and who visits?

more
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

crete itinerary

Crete Island Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I appreciate everyone's help with my itinerary so far. I think we have a final itinerary but I have one more question.
      We have a total of 14 days. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
      Chania 3 nights
      Loutro 3 nights
      Rethymomn 3 nights
      Enagron Ecotourism Village 3 nights
      Iraklion 2 nights

What advice would you give about going to Agios Nikolas instead of Enagron?

more
    • Taxi Fare in Skiathos, Greece

Skiathos Apr 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Approximately, how much is the taxi fare from the cruise ship terminal in Skiathos to Koukounaries Beach?

more
    • Searching for a single room in Athens

Prefecture of Attica Apr 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I need a private room for 3 months from April in Athens centre.
      I'm from Italy and I'm doing a research for my Phd paper.
      Can you help me?

more
    • Last Post on this forum was in 2011

Thasos Island Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Have there been more recent posts than 2011? I like the look of Thassos but as a New Zealander I'm a bit wary of places that have been overrun with UK holiday makers, does it still have an authentic Greek Island feel about it??

more
    • Transport from samos airport to ferry port

Samos Island Apr 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM

How far is the bus stop in kleopatras street from the airport? Can it be walked easily?

more
    • Rent a scooter in Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hi!!! Me and my friends are planing a 1-2 days stay in Thessaloniki, and we were thinking of renting scooters to trip in the city. Can you please recommend me a good place to rent and what the normal prices per day are?

more
    • From Bus Olympus Plaza to Paralia Katerini

Katerini Mar 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi there! I will be travelling to Paralia Katerini in June and the bus I will use stops at Olympus Plaza station. How can we get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus, taxi...? Thank you.

more
    • deniz666uk's Profile Photo

Milos where to stay

Greece 23 hours ago

i have been to Milos before but the first time was nearly 20 years ago and don't remember much of it the next time was 2 years ago we got the ferry to Milos and stayed in Adamas for 2 nights. wasn't very impressed except for the great food i had. we didn't really give it a chance so after a lot of thinking and tossing up between a lot of islands we are now maybe going to give it a try for about 5 nights before heading of to Naxos in early June. was wondering where the best place to stay is?

we love just being lazy on a beach and maybe a little sight seeing. I've looked at a lot of photos of beaches and there are some amazing ones.but i cant quite see what facilities they have.

we would like sun beds and toilets and somewhere to get food and drink without having to walk to far, would like to be within a couple of KM walking distance to a nice town/village for eating and a couple of drinks not big on the night life so that's not an issue.

would also like to do a boat trip to the part of the island that has all the coves and caves.

we don't want to hire a car either.

more
    • naxos island shopping

Naxos Island Apr 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM

where to find local linen table napkins and cloths on Naxos Island

more
    • Apartnemt for Rent in Rafina.

Rafina Apr 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I am looking for an apartment to rent in Rafina, Greece. I only need a small apartment for one person, with a small equiped kitchen. For 3 weeks in July. Something nice and affordable. thank you.

more
    • Please, I have need help in this problem !

Greece Apr 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • Ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini

Agios Nikolaos Apr 10, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Are there ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini or do you have to catch the ferry from Heraklion?

more
    • Spending Money

Rethymno Apr 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Hi, How expensive is Crete we're trying to decide how much to take, me and my partner are going for 11 nights self catering? Thanks Chris.

more
    • October trip

Santorini Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM

How is Santorini in Oct. In term of weather, tourists, and accomodations, etc.
      Thanks

more

Popular Prefecture of Evros Travel Answer Locations

• alexandroupolis

Alexandroupolis Jan 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

live greek music in winter

7 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • About jobs in Alexandroupolis

Alexandroupolis Nov 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Is it hard to find a job in alexandroupolis? I'm aware of the greek economic situation but overall how is it as a city to stay in and find work?

I'm looking to switch things up and Alexandroupolis is a place im looking into

3 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    • anyone available to answer? :)

Alexandroupolis Sep 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM

anyone there to answer as the most resent update i can see is 2008?!
      Many thanks

2 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    • From Alexandroupolis to Burgas, Bulgaria

Alexandroupolis Jul 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM

We are trying to find transportation from Alexandroupolis to Burgas the first week of October. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Jul 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    • alexandroupolis burgas bus line?

Alexandroupolis Jul 13, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Hey! Does anyone know about à bus connection from alexandroupolis to thé bulgarian black sea coast?

• Getting from Istanbul to Alexandroupolis

Alexandroupolis Jul 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Hi, does anyone know when the busses from Istanbul to Alexandroupolis departures?

Best regards

Gustav

6 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    • didosoft1's Profile Photo

hotel airport Dimokritos

Alexandroupolis Oct 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Hello there is bus from alexandroupolis hotel until airport Dimocritos early? or taxi how match

• buying a ticket from istanbul to Alexandroupoli

Alexandroupolis Jul 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM

hello!

i plan to go for a trip from istanbul to alexandroupoli,

is it possible to buy the ticket directly in the bus station, or must i buy it in the internet in advance??

thanks alot!!!

• Mineral Water in January in Samonthraki, Lesvos or Chios?

Samothraki Jan 7, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Does anyone know if there are any mineral baths open in January?
      Which ones?
      Can anyone recommend mineral waters in the Eastern Greek island open now.
      In January?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    • bus from athens to alexandroupolis?

Alexandroupolis Jun 21, 2011 at 10:24 AM

How would I go about taking a bus from athens to alexandroupolis? Could someone let me know the estimated price/time, and can you just buy the tickets at the station that day? Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 21, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    • travel from istanbul to alexandroupolis

Alexandroupolis Mar 21, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Dear all,
      I am planning to travel from istanbul to alexandroupolis by bus next April. I found two Turkish companies Metro and Deryatur making this journey but Derya doesn't travel on the day I need and Metro options are not much convenient to me. Does somebody know if there is any other bus company that makes this trip? maybe a greek company? Thank you in advance for your help.

• found a job in alexandroupolis, whats it like there? hows the nightlife?

Alexandroupolis Feb 11, 2010 at 3:43 AM

basically ive been offered a job in a card house there, i want to know more about the place, is there alot of nightclubs and tourists or is it quite quiet? anyone who lives there or has been can you tell me a bit about it?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    • Ferries to Samothraki from Limnos or Mitilini

Samothraki Island May 23, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Hello everyone!
      I'm planning an island hopping trip from Rhodes to Alexandroupolis in August and unexpectingly came across a problem with ferries to Samothraki. It seems that there are no ferries to Samothraki from neighbouring islands like Mitilini (Lesvos) or Limnos (at least they are not seen on the webpages on the major ferry companies). On the other hand, Lonely Planet and other tourist guidebooks mention that these ferry connections do exist. Can anyone clarify what's going on with the ferries in this part of the world and where the information on timetables can be obtained? Thank you!

2 Answers May 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    • isthanbul to Alexandroupolis

Alexandroupolis Jan 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM

i need to get from isthanbul to Alexandroupolis in the beginning of february can anyone help me

2 Answers Jan 13, 2009 at 3:37 AM
    • From Alexandroupolis to Edirne

Alexandroupolis Sep 8, 2008 at 5:15 AM

Hello!
      Does anyone know:
      1_if there are any trains going from Alexandroupolis to Edirne?
      2_their running times?
      3_how much it takes to cover the distance?

Thanks in advance

7 Answers Dec 4, 2008 at 3:15 AM
    • Ghia Sou Gianni

Alexandroupolis Aug 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Gianni, Ghia Sou.

Katiko stin Xanthi ke eho thi tous Othomano Afrikanous sto stathmo tis KTEL ke stin agora, ke tha ithela na xero ta onomate ton horion tous. Eho pai ston Ehino ke eho polles gnorimies eki ala kanenas then xeri na mou thosi afti tin apantisi. Boris parakalo na mou pis pia ine afta ta horia pou katikoun i proin filakes ton Othomanon pou ferane stin Ellatha apo to Soudan, i AfrikanoMousoulmanoi tis Thrakis? Perimeno hronia na to matho, ke than ime poli ipohreomenos se sena an boris na mou to pis afto. Efharisto Gianni. Efhome na se kala.

Giorgos.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2008 at 11:37 AM
    • Alexandroupolis to Turkey

Alexandroupolis Apr 17, 2008 at 4:15 AM

What is the best way to get to Turkey from Alexandroupolis. From Alexandroupolis where would I land in Turkey? How far is Galipoli and what is the bet way to get there.
      We are travelling towards the end of June 08.

Mircina

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM
    • Early bus to Istanbul

Alexandroupolis Apr 15, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Hi!
      I've decided to take a train from Athens to Alexandroupolis in early September but then the next morning take what I've heard is an early morning bus from the train station to Istanbul. Does anyone know the schedule or where I can get a ticket? I've also heard this bus no longer exists?? Any ideas anyone?

3 Answers Apr 27, 2008 at 10:16 AM
    • Bus or Train?

Alexandroupolis Mar 18, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Hi! I have a similar problem to another poster. I'm traveling from Alexandroupolis to Istanbul. I have been told the busses are faster! One bus for example goes from Edirne to Istanbul in half the time it takes the train! One problem I can see is, the drop off point in Istanbul is more convenient at the train station than the bus station, way out of town. The negative is the train leaves at noon and doesn't get into Istanbul until 8 PM. Does anyone have more recent information or has anyone actually done this?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2008 at 9:50 PM
    • Istanbul - Alexandroupolis

Alexandroupolis Feb 29, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Hi, I will be traveling from Istanbul to Alexandroupolis in April 2008.
      I prefer taking a train but from schedule looks like it leaves Ist. 8PM
      and arrives to Alexandroupolis around midnight, too late to look for a nice place to stay (2-3days) and I dont like to book a hotel in advance in unknown place before checking it first. Do you have any suggestions? How are the buses on the same route? I have heard they take twice as long and less comfortable, but hopefully come at decent times. Or maybe you know nice and not expensive hotel (motel, guest house?) in Alexandroupolis you can recommend? (but what if I show up 1AM and door is locked?)
      Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
      Roman

2 Answers Feb 29, 2008 at 2:42 PM
    • get to Istanbul

Alexandroupolis Feb 12, 2008 at 1:53 AM

Hi,
      I have to travel from Alexandroupolis (actually from Komotini) to ISTANBUL on March 6th or 7th. I can leave from Greece as from about 6pm. If not posssible on the 6th at this time, I can travel on the 7th, as soon as possible in the morning, so to arrive in Istanbul in the (late) morning.
      Could anyone advice me how is it best to travel and what the timetables are?

Thanks a lot in advance,
      Anna

1 Answer Feb 13, 2008 at 9:43 PM
    • gwendar's Profile Photo

hotels

Samothraki Island Dec 1, 2007 at 4:12 PM

hi there fellow travelers, can anyone recomend any hotels on the island.have tried to e mail a few, but as yet have had no joy thanks peter.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2007 at 1:49 AM
    • any ferries to Samothraki from Alexandroupolis in December?

Alexandroupolis Nov 3, 2007 at 2:19 AM

I expect to visit Alexandroupolis in December or early January and would like to visit Samothraki. Can anyone please tell me if the ferry runs during this time? Also - can I rent a car in Alexandroupolis or Samothraki this time of year?

2 Answers Nov 3, 2007 at 3:06 AM
    • Search for Alexandroupolis residents

Alexandroupolis Sep 15, 2007 at 3:15 PM

Hi all,

Dear Moschos,

I was in Alexandroupolis 4 years ago and have some very good friends living there. Recently I lost my mobile telephone at an airport with all my contact numbers in Alexandroupolis. I moved to London but now live in Chicago. Is there any chance any of you know a Giorgos V(B)oulgaridis? He is a 34 year old art teacher who used to live in Paris with me. He had an elder brother Tasos who died some years ago of cancer. He lived at Kritis 2 in Alexandroupolis with his parents but may have moved. If not, do you know Billis? He is a crazy taxi driver who has all sorts of videos and music in his disco taxi. Stellios is a very close friend of Giorgos but I do not know his last name, his sister and brother in law run a souvlaki shop in the centre of the city. Another is captain George Katsaros who is now living in Athens. All of them are around the same age 34/35. Another is Illias Karamanlis who also was driving a taxi but does all sorts of things, club owner etc. If you happen to know of these people please could you help me contact them again. They are very dear to me and I do not wish to lose touch.

Jamie Ewing

3 Answers Jan 24, 2008 at 6:03 PM
    • aquarius07's Profile Photo

Samothraki

Samothraki Jan 29, 2007 at 7:07 AM

Any female member interested in going to Samothraki (Greece) in May-June 07? I´m an artist living in Belgrade/Cologne and I would like to go there for a couple a weeks but would prefere not to be alone in such a nice place. The trip will be low budget-high activity based with camping in the freecamping place or somewhere out in the nature when going on a tracking tour. Biking is also possible. If you think that this could make an exciting hollidays for you than write me to: vonlangenbroich@yahoo.com - I speak also German.

Alexander

• Closest Greek town to Kastanıes

Prefecture of Evros Aug 1, 2006 at 8:31 AM

We are in Edirne tonight and thought about crossing the border and going to Greece for the day tomorrow. What is the closest town on the Greek side of the border? How can you get there once you are through the border?

• bobbert's Profile Photo

Edirne to Alexandroupolis

Alexandroupolis Jun 29, 2005 at 11:41 AM

Hi,

I am planning to go to Turkey and Greece this autumn, travelling overland via Edirne. Does anyone know about reasonable connections (train, bus) from Edirne into Greece, preferably to Alexandroupolis? How long would it take?
      Thanks!

Robbert

2 Answers Jul 22, 2005 at 2:21 AM
    • Windmiller's Profile Photo

Samothraki

Samothraki Island May 25, 2005 at 3:02 PM

I will travel to Northern Greece including Samothraki in July and would like to have general info on the island I hear free camping is easy there and nature is wild and beautiful with large forests,hotsprings and waterfalls.

Also looking for possible fellow travel companions or free campers.

3 Answers May 27, 2005 at 2:42 PM
    • Alexandroupolis to Istanbul for the european cup final on may 25th.

Alexandroupolis May 19, 2005 at 9:23 AM

How can I get from Alexandrupolis to istanbul as quickly as possible on tues. may 24th for the match in istanbul on the 25th.

• io9's Profile Photo

Transportation to Istanbul

Alexandroupolis Jan 1, 2005 at 5:23 PM

Any ideas on how to get to Istanbul from Greek borders? Greek national railways folow a long route which needs about 10hours! Are there any buses with direct connection? And if yes how can I find info about them (maybe booking in advance) Is driving safe in that part of Turkey?

2 Answers Jan 5, 2005 at 8:46 AM