Prefecture of Corinth Travel Answers

change location
sn3d's Profile Photo

Ancient Corinth

by sn3d Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 1:21 PM

Hello. I am visiting Greece in the Summer. Will be located mainly in Athens but want to visit Corinth, especially the Canal and Ancient Corinth. Thing is, I can't find out how to get to Ancient Corinth. Anyone know? I would greatly appreciate any websites or addresses if possible. Thanks very much, Ed

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Ancient Corinth

by brotherleelove Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 1:52 PM

I've never been to Corinth but I've just looked on a map. Corinth (Korinthos) is not very far out of Athens on the national highway, I'm guessing about 100 km maximum. I'm sure there's a bus from Athens at least once a day, probably more since that same highway is used to get to the Peloponnese. Here's a link to a website I found for a travel agency there that advertises canal cruises. I used google.com and the search words "corinth canal cruise". http://www.terzis-travel.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chinagazer's Profile Photo

by chinagazer Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 12:35 AM

There are regular buses (every half hour) from Athens to Korinthos, leaving Athens from the KTEL Long Distance Terminal A in Kifissoustreet. Cost: €5,70. Duration: 1h30. The bus station in Korinthos is right across the Canal. You can walk to the Canal from the Station. At the bus station you can either take a local bus to Ancient Corinthos or a taxi. The trip from the bus station to Ancient Corinthos should cost about € 6,00 to € 7,00. Don't have the driver wait for you. When you came out of the site after your visit, you will find a taxi to take you back to the long distance bus station for your return trip. No need to buy tickets in advance. Enjoy your visit.

• chinagazer's Profile Photo

by chinagazer Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 12:44 AM

www.ktel.org is the site of the line buses in Greece. travel-page.com/transportati... has info about the main bus routes.

• sn3d's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Ancient Corinth

by sn3d Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 1:14 PM

Thanks everyone :-)

• Spincat's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Ancient Corinth

by Spincat Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 10:03 AM

I got a train to Nafplion and I remember it stopped at Corinth. The trains were less frequent than the coaches though - I am a bit of a rail travel fanatic which why I went for that option. I can look up the rail travel details somewhere if you are interested.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prefecture of Corinth Travel Answer Locations