Prefecture of Chania Travel Answers

change location
pierozum's Profile Photo

very long term

by pierozum Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Hello to everyone.
I would like to find a house in Chania or province close to the sea, and supermarket, no more then 80/90 sqm. with a small garden, no fornish house.With a cheap rent for very long term, ( 12 year contract). I will move to Crete february/march 2012
I would like to ask to all of you nice people if you know some Cretan removal transport, that would like to transport our forniture from Denmark to Chania.
B.R.
Piero

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • janetanne's Profile Photo

Re: very long term

by janetanne Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 4:28 AM

My mover, Mr. Nick Gavasiades, does international moves. He is not only a fantastic person, but the best mover I have ever known!!! Please do contact him at nickg@arrowmovers.gr and his website is www.arrowmovers.gr

As for a flat...try looking on this site: www.airbnb.com Most of the rentals on this site seem to be for short term, but you might try contacting and asking for a 12 month contract. You should be able to find something reasonable from between 350 Euros to 550 Euros per month. Anything less, will be old and problematic. Anything more...well, if you budget allows, this would be a luxury rental by Greek standards. Make sure when you are looking that you find something with 'independent' heating and/or automatic heating. Also, ask how old the building is. Anything over 20 years..well, rent at your own risk. Renting in Greece is sometimes very complicated...but, it doesn't really need to be if you know what you want and what you DON'T want:):) Good luck and if there is anything else I might help you with, do not hesitate to contact me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • janetanne's Profile Photo

by janetanne Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 4:29 AM

Piero, please tell Nick my name: Janet Hellis and he will know that he has been referred by a friend.

• pierozum's Profile Photo

by pierozum Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Hello Jane.
    Thank you for your replay and info.
    Very kind of you.

My very best regards.
    Piero