Prefecture of Chania Travel Answers

change location
MahrooArsanjani's Profile Photo

What to see in Crete

by MahrooArsanjani Online Now Jul 15, 2009 at 11:21 AM

We are flying in from Athens on September 4th to Chania and will be going to Santorini from Heraklion on the 7th. Does someone have a good itinarary? What would be best to see as far as cities and villages in the middle?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • MahrooArsanjani's Profile Photo

Re: What to see in Crete

by MahrooArsanjani Online Now Jul 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Is Rethymnon not worth seeing?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Re: What to see in Crete

by Rachel972 Online Now Jul 15, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Rhethymno - only the fortress, Chania is a great place, don't rush through it. The bus drive from Chania to Heraklion is quite long, and the landscape from the road is very nice. Depending on the departure time to Santorini, you have to see if you can see Rhethymno on the way or you have to stay there overnight.

I got the impression that the Crete bus schedules are better organized than in other places where I've been in Greece.

• Re: What to see in Crete

by jjwwright Online Now Sep 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM

This summer, on August 2009, I was on holiday in Crete and visited the marvellous city of Chania. I decided to taste the Cretan cuisine in Agia Marina, a small village near Chania. I was unfortunate to have lunch at the tavern “ Lemonia” ! The external image of the tavern promised a pleasant experience. But the reality was fully disappointing!
    The food was awful, badly-cooked and of very poor quality! The result was that in the evening I suffered pains in my stomach!
    The service was not better at all! It was very very slow actually!
    And when many customers complained and made comments about all this mess, they answered us in a very rude manner!
    Such a tavern offends greek ethos, greek hospitality and the traditional Cretan food. I believe that all Greek and foreign tourists have the right to know and abstain from this tavern for their own good!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prefecture of Chania Travel Answer Locations