Prefecture of Chania Travel Answers

change location
moscit's Profile Photo

Ammos Hotel Feedback

by moscit Online Now May 11, 2007 at 7:25 AM

Planning to be in Chania in early July.

Has anyone stayed at the Ammos Hotel (about 4 km west of Chania). Is the location convenient for evenings in old Chania? Are there tervernas or cafes in it's vicinity or is it very secluded.

How are the views from the sea side rooms? Hospitality?

Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • pe-el's Profile Photo

Re: Ammos Hotel Feedback

by pe-el Online Now May 14, 2007 at 1:33 AM

Ammos is a beautiful hotel. there are many popular beaches around.
    Regarding going out you will find so many spots!
    Here are my favorite ones: Tavernas: Almiras in Platanias and "Milos tou kerata" also in platanias, "Salevantes" in Kalamaki or have some "ouzo" (greek spirit) with a mixed plate to the taverna next to Salavantes "bamboo". There are many nice tavernas such as "tamam" "Ela" "semiramis" and so many others in the center in the "old port". It is so worth going to the old port as you will get the most beautiful pictures. On top of that there are many bars and cafes there. An other beautiful place to visit (you will need a taxi) is the "Venizelos graves" go there in afternoon and watch the sunset. There are two beautiful cafes up there, "Koukouvagia" and "Ostria". The view is breathtaking.

Going out at night: Platanias is full of bars and nightclubs and restaurants. My favourite bars/clubs : Milos(dress code), Utopia, which are in Platanias. Then two nice places close to where you will be stayins are "island", "safari" and "de stigle" (the last one has a very strict dress code and is getting full rather fast which means that you face the risk of not being able to get in- but it is so worth it)
    There are many bars in the old port too (so many, I cant number them).

Regarding the hotel's location, it is a bit far but taxis in Crete are rather cheap. You can also rent a car (motorbike would be the best) or get the bus (busses are kind of irritating in Greece though).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Ammos Hotel Feedback

by Jawnuta Online Now May 14, 2007 at 1:17 PM

You will have local buses (cheap) on the main road that will take you to Chania in no time. Ask in your hotel for schedule and details. Also carpooling with other people from the hotel for a small fee (or a beer) is a good idea if you are planning to come back late at night.
    Chania is great place to have fun at night. The best spot is on far East coast of Chania town (past the touristy part) I call this area SOHO of CHania or Manhattan of Chania, it is full of sophisticated bars and young people. No tourist in a khaki shorts there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prefecture of Chania Travel Answer Locations