Prefecture of Chalkidiki

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Still busy in mid september

Laganas Aug 13, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Hi . I thought to go to Laganas(zante) in mid september , is it still busy there at that time? For young people how wants to go out to parties and have fun ?

more
    • Jumbo store

Rhodes (Island) 3 hours ago

I'll be on Rhodes on weekend.
      How to get to Jumbo nearest to Rhodes city (i don't take a car)?
      What are the openings (especialy on weekends)?
      Thanks

more
    • Facilities

Stoupa Aug 22, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Are there many shops for food the odd gift, postcard etc, and is there a bus service?

more
    • Still busy in september ?

Malia Aug 13, 2015 at 1:05 AM

Hi . I thought to go to Malia in mid september , is it still busy there at that time? For young people how wants to go out to parties and have fun ? Still good for parties holiday ?

more
    • Driving from Parga

Parga Aug 6, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Hi,

I'm staying in Parga for one week and I was thinking about renting a car for two days and wanted to know about places you should go by car (preveza, lefkas)?

Furthermore I've heard that driving to albania is not an option, is the bus more convenient?

Thanks

more
    • Visiting Evia by bus

Eretria Aug 17, 2015 at 3:10 AM

I am staying from 17-24 september with a group at the Negro Ponte Hotel in Eretria. We would like to make day trips to the north and south with the public transportation. Can anyone please give me a timeschedule in English? Is there a busstop near the Negro Ponte Hotel? Thanks a lot for your time. a.herstel@kpnplanet.nl

more
    • ishita's Profile Photo

sunday in rafina

Rafina Aug 14, 2015 at 1:50 AM

we're in rafina for half a sunday - 30th aug. where can we get vegetarian food ?

more
    • Taxi cost

Corfu Island Jul 29, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Arriving on 28th august going to kavos alpha taxis are coming up cheapest booking on line or is it same price just getting a taxi outside the airport. Cheers. Yvette

more
    • Night life in Crete

Crete Island 12 hours ago

i am planing to come with my friends to crete in late September
      We are age between 30 to 40 mens .

Looking for night clubs and have fun in Crete .
      Any ideas ??
      Also we are looking for villa with private swimming pool for more fun any ideas ??

Thanks

more
    • haysnoe's Profile Photo

Best Way to Get from Bitola to Meteora

Greece Aug 18, 2015 at 9:32 AM

I will be in Bitola in October with two work colleagues. We will be all over Republic of Macedonia on our visit but I know these two guys will absolutely love Meteora and I would like to try to get there for two days / one night when we're in the area.
      From Bitola, what would you suggest as the best way to do this?
      I was thinking of taking a taxi from Bitola to the border, then a Greek taxi to Florina. From there, though ...

I see a network of three buses as an option (risky, though, with timetables could add a lot of time and if you miss one you're stuck).
      Can I rent a car in Florina (which would be helpful once at Meteora)?
      Could I lengthen the taxi route once inside Greece to a town where I could rent a car?

Since we have only two days, we'd have to avoid a long detour to, say, Thessaloniki, in order to make this happen. It would be a real treat for my companions, though, so if we can pull it off I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

more
    • Still busy in mid september

Zante Island Aug 13, 2015 at 12:45 AM

Hi . I thought to go to Laganas(zante) in mid september , is it still busy there at that time? For young people how wants to go out to parties and have fun ?

more
    • Last Week September

Skiathos Island Aug 26, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Hi we arrive in Skiathos town 25th September 2015 and we cant wait !!! we have heard so much about how beautiful Skiathos is, can you please help me as I don't know much about any excursions that may be available and the best places to visit on skiathos and neighbouring islands that are worth a visit also can anyone please advise me on what the weather is likely to be like
      all help and advise will be gratefully received
      Thank you

Ann

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

A few days in Milos

Greece Aug 2, 2015 at 11:32 AM

We plan to visit some Aegean islands in September. Can we see interesting rock formations and colors in Milos, staying there a few days and renting a car? We can take boat tours if there are any after the main season, but not take a boat for self-sailing.

How many days should I plan? We think of going by ferry to Santorini, and probably end in Crete - where we always go.

more
    • transportation from Aegina town to Agra Marina

Greece Aug 18, 2015 at 7:50 AM

I would like information about getting from Aegina town to Agra Marina. I will not be renting a car, but understand there is a bus. I have a couple of questions: 1 Where do I catch the bus from the ferry landing? I will be coming in from Piraeus. 2. How often does it run, and what is the fare? 3. What about water taxis? Are they available for this route, and what is the normal cost? thank you so much!

more
    • emma-james's Profile Photo

how much to fly

Greece 19 hours ago

hello I would like to fly to Karpathos in sept what is guide price please

more
    • travel to igoumenitsa from volos by bus

Volos Aug 8, 2015 at 2:24 AM

Please could you anyone tell me how to get to igoumenitsa from volos directly by bus?
      I find some websites but i can't read greek. I'm looking for informations about the schedule.
      Thank you for your answers

more
    • Allou fun park

Greece Aug 6, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Hi! I heard that there arent lockers for bags and stuff. I want to go there with my camera/mobile etc.. Is there any solution? Thanks!

more
    • Chania/Platanias : Help, what to see and where to eat and so on..

Crete Island Aug 3, 2015 at 2:15 AM

Hi all, hope to get some inspiration here, we are a family of 6, (age: 9-5-17-41-47and 76)whos going to Crete in september. We are staying at a hotel in patanias,
      we have been talking about going to Knossos, and to the maritime museum in chania, and to the church near the harbor in chania(been told its very beautiful) Do any have any other idea of what would bee good to visit/see?

shopping, Where is the best? Is there an photo/electrical shop(where to buy equipment, memory cards etc)

Where is it good to go and eat for lunch and dinner, ?

We have been searching for guides to show us chania, but they are way to expensife, do any have any recomendations for a costable guide?

X my fingers for some answears :-)

more
    • haysnoe's Profile Photo

Can I Take Rented Car from Greece to Republic of Macedonia?

Greece Jul 29, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Last time I checked, in 2012, this was not possible. How about now?

more
    • Transport during transit strikes

Athens Aug 14, 2015 at 5:25 AM

Planning graduation trip for grandmother and grandson. How do we from and to the airport -------- Syntagma Square if there is a transportation strike?

more
    • Places to visit

Athens Aug 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Where are some great places to visit in Greece close to the airport in the month September. Only in one day or two.

more
    • Walk from Fira to Oia

Santorini Island Jul 31, 2015 at 5:19 AM

Is there a map for this walk or is it signposted so easy to follow?
      Thanks.

more
    • MagicInTheSun's Profile Photo

New acquaintance

Athens Aug 11, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Hello!
      I am George, 35, and I live in Athens.
      I would like to meet interesting women travelling to Athens.
      You can contact me regardless of your age! :)

Thanks

more
    • Weеkend in Kavala

Kavala Aug 7, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi everyone!
      My family are planning to celebrate in Kavala 15.08.2015. Could you recomend us some good, no tourist restaurant and some bouzouki bar with life musik. If possible orientate about prize and do we need reservation.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • Transfers at Athens Airport

Athens Aug 9, 2015 at 9:47 PM

In September, we're flying into Athens from Vienna on a very short turn-around to Mykonos. Does anyone know if there are separate terminals for international travel and local destinations, and how long it should take to get to the terminal for departure to Mykonos? I think we only have 45 minutes leeway (that's how the airline booked it). Do you think that's enough time, providing our flight is on time getting into Athens?

more

Popular Prefecture of Chalkidiki Travel Answer Locations

• mustaritza's Profile Photo

Thessaloniki airport-Kalamitsi

Sarti Aug 30, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Hi, how to arrive by bus from Thessaloniki airport to Sarti or Kalamitsi. The arrival hour is late in the night, at 22:40. Could you help me?
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    • Where to stay in Greece?

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Aug 3, 2011 at 4:27 AM

Please help me out with some information about Chalkidiki and Greece. Next summer my wife, 5year old son and i we are going to visit your country and we are looking for some accommodation - camping, private accommodation, hotel for a reasonable price for two-three weeks. We would prefer a quiet place where there are not too many tourists. Thanks a lot to everybody! kapriatti67@gmail.com

• djordjeto's Profile Photo

Birthday cake in Sarti

Sarti Jun 7, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Hello.
      In a month my wife, son and I will visit Sarti Greece. Our son will celebrate his second birthday in Sarti, so I wonder, is there any good bakery, cake shop, where we can order birthday cake? It doesnt have to be in Sarti, we can take it or have it anywhere in Calkidiki, even Thesalloniki. We just want it to be tastefull, then pretty.

If you have any suggestion, it would be convinient if you enclose links or give me directions to search shops on the internet.

Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 1:44 AM
    • penny_g's Profile Photo

Chalkidiki - in which town/village to stay, what to do and visit and accommodation-reasonable price

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Aug 12, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Hi all VT's

Please help me with some tips about Chalkidiki. I am going there with friends at the end of September but have absolutely no idea which town might be good to stay. It should be on the beach not inside the penincula. We are looking for reasonable accommodation and are quite flexible - campings, private accommodation, hotels, hostels - everything is all right as far as the price is reasonable.

What are the biggest attractions except the monasteries. What is Chalkidiki known for and are there green areas?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 13, 2010 at 9:04 PM
    • indramix's Profile Photo

Wild camping

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Aug 7, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Hi,

can you recommend me some places for wild camping without many people on Halkidiki?

I tought about middle peninsula, Fteroti and Vourvourou. Anybody have been there?

Tnx in advance!

2 Answers Aug 9, 2009 at 1:12 AM
    • Transfer from Thessaloniki to Toroni, Sithonia

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Mar 10, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Hey everybody,

I'm going to spend my holidays in Toroni this year. I'm arriving on Sunday, August 2nd 2009 at the airport in Thessaloniki. I want to go to Toroni by bus, is it right that the bus station of "KTEL Halkidiki" is no longer in the city of Thessaloniki but near the airport now? Does anyone know the address of the bus station? I want to go to the bus station by taxi, how long will it take and how much will it cost? Whether I can find a schedule for the busses to Toroni in summer nor I can find how much this will cost. I guess it will take about 3 hours to get to Toroni, is this right? I hope someone can help me :-)

Thank you!

1 Answer Mar 11, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    • Looking for a hose/villa to rent in Sythonia

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jul 19, 2008 at 1:02 AM

Does anybody know contact info of somedody, who would rent out an entire house/villa for a week in the second half of August 2008? We need 3 bedrooms (6-7p.)and a living room, A/C, near the sea and with trees around.
      Looking for advice and info.
      JT

• maelkux's Profile Photo

Thessaloniki - bus to Thassos or Sithonia

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jul 14, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Hey hey everybody:)
      How can I get from Thessaloniki to Thassos and to Sithonia by bus?
      Do you know a web site with bus transportation timetables? I'm arriving from Beolgrad at about 1pm then I've got to take a bus I guess (or a train?)
      How much are the tickets? Is it possible to get some discount for me travelling with my 10yo kid?
      Thanks in advance for information:)
      Greets, Anna.

3 Answers Aug 3, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    • maelkux's Profile Photo

Chalkidiki accommodation

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jul 12, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Could you please give me an advice where to stay in August with a 10-year-boy in order to have nice family vacations? By "family vacation" I mean some place where kids are...:) I have no idea whete to stay - I'm not experienced in arranging holidays by net and here in VT web I'm pretty fresh one:)
      I'm looking for a cheap solution...no luxury, just local place. I'm learning now Greek to get in better contact with folks. Could you please help me with advice?
      Greetings to ALL! Anna

8 Answers Jul 16, 2008 at 4:47 AM
    • maita801's Profile Photo

Kavorutripes - camping?

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Mar 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Hi, do you now something about camping in Kavurotripes. This is in Halkidiki, Sithonia, between Vourvourou and Sarti. I searched through Internet,but couldn`t find almost anything.
      I will appreciate for any information.

7 Answers Apr 1, 2008 at 4:58 AM
    • Looking for cheap accommodation or someone to share the room during 2-6 Sep

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Aug 26, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Hello, I am a student and going to participate one conference in Kallithea (Kassandra). Therefore i am looking for cheaper accommodation close to Kallithea during 2-6 September. It seems to be a little bit difficult to meet my budget (less than 15 Euro per night)when i am alone. If anyone happens to be here around the same period that we could share the room or anyone knows any hostel that could meet my demands, please don't hesitate tolet me know!! Thanks for any advise :))

• Marconatto's Profile Photo

Fires in Greece (Chalkidiki)

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jul 16, 2007 at 3:03 AM

Hello people! Can you tell me if you know is there some fires near Chalkidiki because I go there 18th July?!?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2007 at 11:49 PM
    • Marconatto's Profile Photo

Advice 4 great time

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jul 12, 2007 at 7:37 AM

Hi! Can you give me some advice where should I go and what to visit during my stay in Polihrono (Chalkidiki)! I am going 18th July and I need some advice about place for fun:-)) Tnx

2 Answers Jul 13, 2007 at 12:43 AM
    • Bus Service

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jul 5, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Can you give me some information on Bus Service from Thessaloniki or the airport to Ormos Panagias? Thank you

1 Answer Jul 12, 2007 at 2:05 PM
    • globaleleni's Profile Photo

Apartment in Polihrono with AC from May-August

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Mar 5, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Im looking to rent a furnished apartment in Polihrono with AC from May 1-August.
      I will have a Medium sized dog with me so it must allow him as I'll be shooting a small film with him while in Halkidiki. My dog is a very well trained show dog from Los Angeles who's appeared in many movies & tv shows so he wont be a problem & he is housebroken. But we must have AC because his breed has issues with heatstroke.

Can anyone recommend anything for us?

• smile

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jul 20, 2006 at 1:06 AM

Hi there! Would you recomended me some nice place for rest and for fun in Chalkidiki.
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jul 26, 2006 at 6:01 AM
    • Kalamitsi

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jun 20, 2006 at 8:37 AM

I'm planning to spent my vacation in Kalamitsi (Sitonia). Is there someone who went there? I wanna know if it worths. I found also a location "Kalamitsi Apartments". Please tell me more if you know.

3 Answers Jun 23, 2006 at 2:49 AM
    • UK ----> Chalkidiki (Help please!!)

Prefecture of Chalkidiki May 20, 2006 at 7:10 AM

Hi! I'm planning a week trip to Chalkidiki. What is the cheapest option to get there?? I looked at flights to Thessaloniki and it was not particularly economical (i'm a student!).

Anyone please help?? Thanks a lot!!

2 Answers May 20, 2006 at 1:56 PM
    • UK ----> Chalkidiki (Help please!!)

Prefecture of Chalkidiki May 20, 2006 at 5:01 AM

Hi! I'm planning a week trip to Chalkidiki. What is the cheapest option to get there?? I looked at flights to Thessaloniki and it was not particularly economical (i'm a student!).

Anyone please help?? Thanks a lot!!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2006 at 1:48 PM
    • marijanm's Profile Photo

Private accommodation in Hanioti

Prefecture of Chalkidiki May 10, 2006 at 2:06 AM

Together with my husband and our 9 month old baby we plan to go to Hanioti in June. Can somebody please recommend us a room with private kitchen and bathroom?

Thanks,
      Marija

2 Answers Apr 9, 2007 at 6:26 AM
    • DrexelDragon's Profile Photo

Armenistis Camprground

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jun 21, 2005 at 11:14 PM

Does anyone have any info about the Armenistis campground on the second leg? Website, phone #?

1 Answer Jun 21, 2005 at 11:36 PM
    • sabine0's Profile Photo

From Thessaloniki Airport to Chalkidiki, Kassandra

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jun 20, 2005 at 1:04 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a problem and I hope, someone can give me an advice:
      a friend of mine will go to Greece in July. Her final destination is Chalkidiki, Kassandra, but she will arrive at Thessaloniki Airport. The problem is that she will arrive fairly late (around 11 pm) and the travel agent told her that she will have to hire a car to get into town. I wonder, if that is true, because ususally, airports have their shuttle buses which run until very late.
      Does anyone know, if there are buses going to Chalkidiki around midnight or the early morning hours? Otherwise, my friend would have to hire a car for three days which should cost her around 180 Euro!!! I can't imagine that there is no other option to get into town?!?

Many greetings,
      Sabine

1 Answer Jun 30, 2005 at 5:49 AM
    • gabima's Profile Photo

looking for accommodation in Chalkidiki

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jun 11, 2005 at 2:13 AM

We are two families (4 adults and 2 fifteen-year-old children and are looking for accommodation for 2 or 3 nights somewhere in Chalkidiki (after July 23). Do you think we can find that on the spot, seeing that it is high season? Or would you advise that we book online - and if yes, do you know any reliable sites?

Thank you!
      Gabi

1 Answer May 24, 2006 at 4:11 AM
    • Tristiniki Beach

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Aug 19, 2004 at 6:33 AM

Does anyone know the name of the beautiful appartments resort on the TRSTINIKI BEACH,near Toroni, Sithonia? On the same beach there's Aretes apartments but across the road there's beutiful resort which I'm trying to get in touch and make booking. Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 24, 2004 at 12:41 AM
    • KamaO's Profile Photo

The weather in Greece

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Mar 13, 2004 at 7:34 AM

I'm going to go to Greece - Sarti on Chalkidiki in May and I would like to know, what is the possible weather like in that period of time? Thanks!!!

2 Answers Mar 15, 2004 at 12:07 PM