Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Linse's Profile Photo

Fishing where and what?

Lamia Dec 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi
      Where would you go fishing if you are in Lamia? And what kind of fish can you catch?

more
    • Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

more
    • 10 days in august

Athens 8 hours ago

3 of us planning 10 days beginning August in Greece. Looks like we have to begin and end in Athens. Plan is to visit one or two islands....Siros is a definite and would like to see Mykonos also. Perhaps break the return ferry journey to Athens with another island?? Then a relaxing hideway ( for last three days) beach and peace important, within striking distance of Athens for return flight. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

more
    • 4 DAY CLASSICAL TOUR OF GREECE

Greece Dec 2, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are planning to take a 4 day classical tour from Athens ( Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora). On the internet, one sees that there are many tour operators, each with equally good reviews. Could any fellow VT member share with us his/her knowledge or experience to help us decide which tour to go on.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

Island hopping in Greece?

Greece Nov 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM

My sister and I are going to Greece next month December. Is island hopping possible in December? Are there any tour for this? We are arriving 1st December. Is there any one day trip/2 day trip cruise available?

more
    • FEEDBACK ON ASTORIA TRAVELS

Greece Dec 4, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Has any fellow VT member any experience / knowledge about the Astoria Travels. Are they genuine and dependable

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

12 days in Greece : Itineary

Greece Nov 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Hello VTers,
      After receiving all of your advice and suggestions (especially thanks to mindcrime, brotherleelove, rexvaughan, DAO and to name a few), I have come up with the following plan. Please review and advise.
      Day 01: Arrive Athens in the afternoon; Night life in Athens.
      Day 02: Athens; full day Sarnoric tour. (Visit temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian’s arch and Acropolis, Syntagma and etc…
      Day 03: pick up the car, drive to Nafplio – visit Corinth, Myceane on the way, visit Epidavors, walk around Nafplio and enjoy the evening in Nafplio
      Day 04: Drive to Monemvasia, Gilthio, Sparti, Tripolis, Megalopoli (any suggestion where to stay overnight?)
      Day 05: Drive to Olympian Zeus, via Eliad and Achaia to Delphi. Overnight at Delphi.
      Day 06: Drive to Kalambaka. Stay overnight at Kalambaka.(any sightseeing suggestion along the way?)
      Day 07: Visit Meteora, Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae.
      Day 07: Athens – Santorini (Flying)
      Day 08: Santorini – Volcano? Hiking Fira to Oia, Hot Springs Boat Tour?
      Day 09: Santorini – Athens (fly back in the evening)
      Day 10: Athens (Shopping )
      Day 11: Leave Athens
      According to weather forecast, on the day 5, 6 and 7 will be sunny on Santorini. In that case, we will have to come back to Athens from Delphie and do the Kalambaka and Meteora trip after the Santorini trip.
      I still have some questions 
      Should we rent a car in Athens when we arrive at airport or at the hotel or book on line from Canada?
      Which area to stay in Athen to drive in and out easily from the city?
      Thank you in advance.
      Shwemanthu

more
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

Santorini Island Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

more
    • BEST SEASON FOR MYKONOS AND SANTORINI

Greece Nov 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

We plan to be in Greece in the second half of September next year (beginning 16 September). We will be first spending about 6-7 days visiting Athens, Olympia, Delphi etc and thereafter from the 24th to 30 September we would spend 3-4 days each in Mykonos and Santorini in that order. In Mykonos and Santorini, amongst other things we do, look forward to going in the water on the beaches. Weather wise it is good to do so or will the water become too cold for swimming? Should we reverse the sequence and first go to the islands and thereafter come to the mainland?
      TIA

more

Train and Bus schedule from Athens to Meteora

Meteora Dec 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We are in Athen now and would like to go to Meteora.
      Can someone provide the train and bus schedule from Athens to and fro Meteora?
      Is there any website ? Thanks.

more

International Driver License

Athens Nov 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

more

suggestion on 2 weeks in December in Greece

Greece Nov 22, 2014 at 3:38 AM

My husband and I will be coming on a 2 weeks (dec.3 to 17) visit to Greece in December. Our general plan is 2/3 days in Athens then rent a car and drive to interesting places/small city and visit 2 islands. I checked extended weather forecast for December in Athens and found that after December 10 there will be cloudy and thunder storm most of the days. It looks like we will be in 7days in good weather and 7days in somewhat rainy/cloudy weather. Please advise what to do/see in December. Thanks in advance.

more

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

more

How long it will take to look around in acropolis ?

Athens Dec 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We will be arriving Athens in the middle of the day. After checking in at hotel around 1 o'clock, we would like to go to acropolis. Is it enough time to visit all including ancient agora, before the sun set.

more

Popular Prefecture of Cefalonia Travel Answer Locations

• Grevil's Profile Photo

Best holiday town to stay in Cefalonia

Cefalonia Island Jul 21, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Can anyone tell us what they believe are the top 3 towns on Cefalonia for a good beachy holiday.
      Also, what are the top 3 tourist attractions which we should see whilst we are there.

Many thanks,

4 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Best area to stay on island

Cefalonia Island Apr 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Hi

We want to visit kefalonia during June/July for a week.
      Which part of the island would be the best to stay? Or would. ou recommend to stay in more than one village during our duration there?

I will be 6 months pregnant at that time... so I am looking for a nice relaxing holiday. and would.like to experience the most stunning beaches.

Any advice on itinary?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer May 17, 2014 at 10:47 PM
    • Temperatures

Cefalonia Island Oct 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I would like to know the year round temperatures so I can plan my trip. Thankyou

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    • how to get from Athens to Atokos

Nisida Atokos Sep 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm going to Greece for the first time on 09/13/2013.

And want to see Ionian islands.

Could anyone please to explain me how to get from Athens to Atokos through cheapest trip ?

I'm looking for a good experience, and better if cheaper.

Thank fot ur time

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 4:48 AM
    • How do I get to Skala Port

Skala Jun 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I am looking to book a hotel in Skala and I was wondering how to get there. Do you have to travel to athens by plane and then by boat to skala?

4 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    • virtual23's Profile Photo

bus

Vlachata Apr 8, 2013 at 7:18 AM

hi! is there a bus from the airport to vlachata, kefalonia?

15 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    • bozana13's Profile Photo

Lassi prices

Cefalonia Island May 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Please can someone tell me about prices in Lassi (e.g. wine, cocktails, beer, restaurant dishes etc.) and yes one more Q what is the best supermarket for grocery shopping? Thanks

• taxi from argostoli airport to sami

Sami Mar 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM

hi
      does anyone know how much it would cost to hire a taxi from the airport in argostoli to the sami beach hotel in sami?
      also anyone have any idea how i can travel from ithaki to corfu by boat?

1 Answer Mar 28, 2011 at 4:54 AM
    • sightseeing

Prefecture of Cefalonia Nov 20, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hi, Myself and my husband will in staying in Lassi for 2 weeks start of June 2010. We really wanted to hire a car but my husband has hurt his leg and will be having an operation on it in the New Year , We have been told he will not be able to drive for at least 9 months.. We really want to see the island .Can any one help with best way to do this without a car
      Thanks .....

4 Answers Jan 9, 2011 at 1:47 AM
    • No booking / budget accomodation / quiet place

Prefecture of Cefalonia Jul 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Hi,
      I will be driving to Cefalonia or maybe Lefkas on 2nd week of august. I am aware that it's high season there - my questions are:
      - What price will I be looking for 2 ppl room/apartament
      - Will I have any choice or should I expect that island will be so packed that I will be lucky if I get any
      - What place would you recommend to go for scenic beaches and quiet and not too big.
      - Due to scenery and prices - Cefalonia or Lefkas will nicer?
      - Price wise - Lefkas or Cefalonia will be cheaper?
      Cheers!

3 Answers Jul 21, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    • Wanted: Villa for 2 for 24th June!

Prefecture of Cefalonia Jun 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Hi

I'm looking to book a lovely villa (pref with private pool) for the week of 24th June (flight gets in on Thursday). I'd be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction / give recommendations.

Thanks very much

• Bus/taxi from Sami

Argostolion May 31, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Is there a bus from Sami to Argostoli on Sundays? If not, what does a taxi cost?

3 Answers Jun 1, 2010 at 6:08 AM
    • Transportation from Mykonos to Kefalonia?

Prefecture of Cefalonia Mar 13, 2010 at 10:55 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning to visit Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos and Kefalonia in mid-Jun 2010. However, it seems that we can only get to Kefalonia by flight/bus in Athens. The point is we are not really interested in Athens. Can anyone suggest the transportation to travel through those islands? We haven't booked the flight yet, as we are flying from UK, we could arrive at/depart from either Santorini, Mykonos or Kefalonia, doesn't have to be the same place for departure and arrival.

3 Answers Mar 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    • bushman73's Profile Photo

ATM Bank Machines

Cefalonia Island Aug 29, 2009 at 7:24 AM

Hi,i am going to kefalonia in a week staying in Skala and would like to know if there is any ATM cash machines in skala or at the airport or anywhere on the island as i only usually take my credit card and withdraw cash when i need it.
      Thanks in advance for any advice
      Barry

7 Answers Sep 17, 2009 at 11:48 PM
    • Car rental

Cefalonia Island Apr 8, 2009 at 6:52 AM

We will be in Kefalonia on a cruise in May for a day and I would like to rent a car. Does anyone know of a car rental place at the pier. We have looked to reserve in advance but they all want us to pay in advance and we would rather just pick one up when we get there. Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 27, 2009 at 2:50 AM
    • Anyone know Linardos Apartments in Assos?

Prefecture of Cefalonia Apr 8, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Hi, Has anyone stayed at the Linardos Apartments in Assos? Comments? Also, how did you like the town of Assos? We aren't much for nightlife. We are looking for beautiful scenery, local culture and local food. Thanks! Claire

• MARGISH's Profile Photo

The Best Place to stay for off road cycling with lots of hills....

Prefecture of Cefalonia Mar 12, 2008 at 9:20 AM

My hubby who is a cycling nut who loves mountains and out of the way tracks is looking for the best place to stay in cefalonia.We like too also have meals out and a little retail therapy for me any help would be great....

3 Answers Mar 14, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    • Bus from Sami to Argostoli

Cefalonia Island Dec 23, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Where and how does a person catch a bus from Sami to Argostoli?
      It's my first time going to Greece.

Thank you for the time and consideration.

gilbeezy

1 Answer Dec 24, 2007 at 8:38 PM
    • euros in Cefalonia

Prefecture of Cefalonia Jul 21, 2007 at 9:43 AM

I will be travelling to Cafalonia, Greece with my family in August.
      Can anyone suggest an inexpensive and convenient way to purchase eros or the use of atm's while there?

1 Answer Jul 21, 2007 at 1:57 PM
    • xxsummerstarzxx's Profile Photo

Help Please! Area of Spartia

Prefecture of Cefalonia Jun 19, 2007 at 8:34 AM

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the closest main town to Spartia where there is good bars and tavernas. Also are there any quiet beaches near Spartia.

Thanks Yvonne

• feryboat

Cefalonia Island Feb 14, 2007 at 4:46 PM

This summer, I am going to Cefalonia.Can you tell me how much is ticket's for Zakynthos on one day with feryboat?( I was on Zakynthos summer 2006 so I want to visit him again on one day). Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 5, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    • Hello

Cefalonia Island Feb 14, 2007 at 2:07 PM

This summer, I am going to Cefalonia.Can you tell me how much is ticket's for Zakynthos on one day with feryboat?( I was on Zakynthos summer 2006 so I want to visit him again on one day). Thanks!

• stavros

Stavros Sep 15, 2006 at 6:20 AM

is there anybody from stavros here??? juhuu ,,

2 Answers Oct 4, 2006 at 3:55 AM
    • Preveza to Fiscado

Cefalonia Island Aug 23, 2006 at 9:06 AM

I am going on honeymoon in October and wanted to find out how easy it is to get from Preveza to Fiscado...

Also, can anyone suggest a preference for Fiscado or Parga?

Thanks

Lou

4 Answers Aug 23, 2006 at 3:37 PM
    • how to get there

Prefecture of Cefalonia Jul 17, 2006 at 2:02 PM

Hi, i'd like to ask u how can i get to this island without going to Patras first. For exemple can i get there from Igoumenita?or anywhere closer to that? If u could answer that would be great!
      Thanks

4 Answers Jul 23, 2006 at 1:40 PM
    • Ionian Islands Holidays and Fiskardo

Cefalonia Island May 26, 2006 at 6:21 AM

Hi - thinking of booking a week in Fiskado through Ionian Holidays but am concerned by stuff I've read saying that Fiscado is over-developed and apparently expensive to eat, etc? We have a small baby and want to be in a resort so we can stroll out with him in the evenings and have a few beers. Also thinking of hiring a car for a few days and a boat. Any feedback about Fiskardo or Ionian Holidays gratefully received.

1 Answer May 26, 2006 at 11:48 AM
    • Joy191919's Profile Photo

Tips and advice for Cephalonia

Prefecture of Cefalonia Apr 20, 2006 at 11:28 AM

Going to Cephallonia in May, looking for best place to hire a cheap car, good restaurants(where the locals go), places of interest off the beaten track...isolated waterfalls etc etc Can anyone help ?? Thanks Joy

5 Answers Mar 28, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

Kefalonia or Lefkada ?

Prefecture of Cefalonia Feb 23, 2006 at 4:00 PM

I am thinking of visiting either Kefalonia or Lefkada in September - I won't have time for both.

Which is the more beautiful ? I am especially interested in mountains, and rugged coastline, as well as beautiful beaches.

3 Answers Feb 26, 2006 at 2:02 PM
    • Petani

Agia Thekli Jan 22, 2006 at 9:44 AM

Send me contact for booking acomodation in Myrtles of Petani - e-mail: Sofia Hatzigeorgiu
      Thank you.

• Spartia Area

Cefalonia Island Jul 5, 2005 at 7:53 AM

I am staying in this area in late August. Can anybody tell me what to expect in the way of bars, resaurants, shops etc. We are staying in self catering accommodation with 3 kids.

2 Answers May 26, 2006 at 6:18 AM