Prefecture of Cefalonia Travel Answers

change location

No booking / budget accomodation / quiet place

by piter83 Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Hi,
I will be driving to Cefalonia or maybe Lefkas on 2nd week of august. I am aware that it's high season there - my questions are:
- What price will I be looking for 2 ppl room/apartament
- Will I have any choice or should I expect that island will be so packed that I will be lucky if I get any
- What place would you recommend to go for scenic beaches and quiet and not too big.
- Due to scenery and prices - Cefalonia or Lefkas will nicer?
- Price wise - Lefkas or Cefalonia will be cheaper?
Cheers!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • nickandchris's Profile Photo

Re: No booking / budget accomodation / quiet place

by nickandchris Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Both beautiful islands with some good beaches and stunning scenery. Lefkas is smaller and more manageable but Kefalonia probably has more to offer. My preference would be Lefkas but it is a while since I've been there. I would think Lefkas is the cheaper island, Kefalonia being more well known since the book Captain Corelli.

Price of rooms can vary but expect to pay around €40 in high season for a basic room.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: No booking / budget accomodation / quiet place

by piter83 Online Now Jul 21, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Thank you for your answer. 40 euro it's maximum price I would like to pay, I'm not expecting fancy accomodation just basic place with bathroom and maybe air-con. I'm wondering which part of Lefkas would be most quiet and scenic - I did bit of researches and found that western part would be best. Do you think that despite high season there will be any vacancies?
    Cheers!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Re: No booking / budget accomodation / quiet place

by nickandchris Online Now Jul 21, 2010 at 2:23 PM

You are right, the west coast of Lefkas is spectacular. Agios Nikitas is a lovely coastal village but suspect it will be full in August.Have just googled and looks like prices for August are over €40 pre-booked.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prefecture of Cefalonia Travel Answer Locations