Prefecture of Cefalonia Travel Answers

change location

Fastest way from Rome to Cefalonia

by cendru Online Now Aug 6, 2004 at 3:43 PM

Realized that most direct summer ferry services from Brindisi to Kefalonia dont start until end of July, and we are planning our trip in early June... Would anyone know if there are any direct flights or charters from Rome to Cefalonia... or is Olympic the only choice...they seem rather pricey online it is around 800 dollars/ 900 euros.. Also seems most return connections require an overnight stay in Athens... (we'd like a morning flight back to arrive at FCO by 12:00 Noon...) any italian air tour operators or other direct ferries from brindisi, bari, ancona etc.? Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Fastest way from Rome to Cefalonia

by hestiaconcierge Online Now May 20, 2006 at 2:17 PM

The first direct ferry from Brindisi to Kefalonia is June 17th, it is with HML ferry company. The next departure after June 17th is June 24th.
    Otherwise you can take a ferry from Brindisi (or Ancona) to Patras and then a ferry from Patras to Kefalonia. This ferry from Patras to Kefalonia takes about four hours and arrives in Sami or Argostoli.
    If you definately want to fly at this time of year, the cheapest method may be to take a flight with the budget airlines from Rome to Milan, there you can get a budget flight into Athens and from Athens you could take a bus/ferry combo to get to Kefalonia. I would not really recommend this method, while it would save you a ton of money, it would take a good bit of time, your luggage allowance would be limited to 20kg and it would be a lot of work.
    One of the ferries from Brindisi (direct or otherwise) would probably be your best bet.
    I hope I've been able to help you out a little.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prefecture of Cefalonia Travel Answer Locations