Prefecture of Cefalonia Travel Answers

change location
gaevivo's Profile Photo

camping in Kefalonia

by gaevivo Online Now Jul 10, 2003 at 10:39 AM

hi dear travellers, I will be going to Kefalonia from July 26 to August 4 2003 and, as I am planning to camp I would like to know which are the best places of the island where to find a camping, and if any of you might recommend me the name of a good camping. By the way, is free camping allowed? and is it safe there? Thank u very much, in advance, and have a great summer! Gae, Bologna, Italy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: camping in Kefalonia

by StefanosS Online Now Jul 10, 2003 at 1:51 PM

A fast search in the web gave me the following campings in Kefalonia: Name Class Location Telephone "ARGOSTOLI" C Fanari 26710 23487 "KARAVOMYLOS BEACH" C Sami 26740 22480 I have been there very many years ago, so you may have newer info. As far as I remember, the places I liked more were Poros, Assos and Fiskardo. Don't miss a visit to Melissani cave-lake, a wonderful experience. Ithaki, the nearby island, worths also a visit as it is usually away from mass tourism and keeps most of its traditional colour. Generally, free camping is prohibited by law, but as many villages have different opinion (because there are not campings in the area), silently the law is applied only if the local authorities want to do so. The best is to ask in the village if there is nearby some place to set your tent. Finally, if you camp in a privet land (with the permission of the owner), you are not breaking the law. Stefanos Thessaloniki, Greece

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prefecture of Cefalonia Travel Answer Locations