Prefecture of Attica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to do 2 days!

Athens Jul 20, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Hi guys just arrived staying near the airport. Heard the buses go everywhere and run 24/7 from the airport .
      Any locals with advice

3 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    • Self Service Laundry

Piraeus Jul 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Are there any self service Laundromats (where you wash and dry your own clothes) in Piraeus

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    • which hotel ?

Spetses Island Jun 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM

we have the choice of 7 Islands or Athina apartments , 2 adults and 1 child age 13 - which is best ? thanks

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    • travelbugau2's Profile Photo

10 days in Athens/Peloponnese - ideas?

Athens Jun 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Hi, we are an older Aussie couple coming to Greece for the first time and hoping you can help with some itinreary ideas!!! We fly into Athens (from Rome) at 12.35pm on Mon 8 Sept and fly out of Athens (back to Rome) at 12.20pm on Thursday 18 September. So we have 9 nights to visit! We would like to see some highlights of Rome, the naval battle on Spetsis on Sat 13 Sept (and maybe visit Hydra), then travel around the Peloponnese. Any suggestions would be so much appreciated, thanks!!!

11 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM
    • Temple of Athena

Athens May 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Where do i find a representation of the frieze from the temple of athena

6 Answers May 28, 2014 at 4:41 AM
    • lagonblue's Profile Photo

timetable of AGIA TRIADA CHURCH

Piraeus May 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hello plsease,
      I'am looking for the timetable for this church above, for sunday.
      Do they do in English, or in French or any other language??

Thank you,
      Lagonbleu

1 Answer May 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • looking for a metro station stop

Piraeus May 22, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Is there a metro station that is near the hotel Central Athens Hotel in Athens?

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • taxi service (or transport option?) from piraeus port from/to hotel (intercontinental)

Athens May 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi,

I am staying at athenatheum intercontinental..which is some distance away from syngrou fix station.
      We are travelling with a toddler and would like to seek advice on options.
      For my travel in June:
      I am intending to catch the early morning 7.20 blue star ferry from piraeus to naxos. (weekday morning)
      Is it easier to take a cab or ok to take metro early in the morning?

We will have luggage and travelling with a child. how much will taxi cost?

As for the return a few days later, .I will reach piraeus only at 2325hrs if I am taking blue star ferry.
      Is it safe to take any of the cabs at the port to the hotel? or shld I arrange for private taxi? any recommendation amd approximate cost for reference?

The alternative would be to take the hellenic seaways which is faster and will reach piraeus at about 6pm on a weekday. I suppose it will be easier for me to catch the metro back to hotel? But I have heard that you may get seasick...am travelling with a toddler..so am weighing my options..

Appreciate your advice!

9 Answers May 28, 2014 at 9:28 PM
    • Ferry Tickets

Athens May 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM

During our visit to Grecce, we want to visit Santorini. We will visit greece on Jun 14. Do we need to buy Ferry ticket from Athens to Santorini (Round Trip) earlier or these tickets are always available?

17 Answers May 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • side trip out of Athens in June, 2014

Spetses Island May 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM

We have from June 1st until early evening June 5th to be in Athens. We have a Greek friend who has said it might be too long. What other side trips would be good to include. Maybe for 2 days?

2 Answers May 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM
    • One whole day and one evening in Athens-Help to create my itinerary

Athens May 6, 2014 at 2:15 AM

We are a family of 4 and we only have 1 whole day in athens on the way to Santorini and an evening on return and next day flying to Istanbul.
      I haven't create my own itinerary and from what I read and understand that mainly visitor start the holidays visiting the Acropolis early morning doing the walking tour starting at Acropolis subway station. Here I have a doubt where to start and to finish this tour: is this the right place to start by taking the metro or better go by taxi to the nearest entrance to the acropolis? My mother is of 73yrs and walk slowly.
      Which is the best exit door to find a taverna to have our early lunch? We would like to go to Plaka and Syntagma Square. We will stay in Cecil Hotel.
      Any more suggestions would be appreciated
      Thanks in advance for the advices

34 Answers May 13, 2014 at 11:21 PM
    • Travel Time

Athens May 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I am flying to Rome from Athens. My flight is at 2130 hrs from Athens. on the same day I will travel from Santorini to Athens. I will travel with Hellenic Seaways HIGHSPEED 6 ferry. The ferry schedule shows that the arrival time at Athens is at 1755 hrs. Will it be possible for me to atch the flight in time?

6 Answers May 11, 2014 at 6:33 AM
    • rdm1235's Profile Photo

terra vibe park to athens late at night

Athens Apr 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I am going to see a Bob Dylan concert at the Terra Vibe Park on June 23rd. What is the best way to get back to centre of Athens by public transport after the concert. It seems that the train stops running fairly early and I can not see another way to get back
      thank you
      steve

6 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • open jaw flights

Athens Apr 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what is the cheapest way to get from NE USA to Athens Greece with a 1 wk stopover in rome on return
      Summer Semester july/Aug '14

8 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    • Apartnemt for Rent in Rafina.

Rafina Apr 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I am looking for an apartment to rent in Rafina, Greece. I only need a small apartment for one person, with a small equiped kitchen. For 3 weeks in July. Something nice and affordable. thank you.

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • Luggage Storage

Athens Apr 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Hi, we (Husband and Wife) are planning to visit Greece in this summer (Jun 14). I will reach Athens at 1645 hrs. My ferry to Santorini is at 2100 on the same day. After checking out from Airport will it be possible for us to visit Acropolis and then moving towards the Piraeus Port?
      Is there any place near Acropolis where i can keep my luggage?

6 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    • Searching for a single room in Athens

Prefecture of Attica Apr 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I need a private room for 3 months from April in Athens centre.
      I'm from Italy and I'm doing a research for my Phd paper.
      Can you help me?

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • Safe for tourists?

Athens Mar 30, 2014 at 5:10 AM

I will be travelling to Athens next month and wanted to know how the reception is towards tourists. Im aware of how racist activities have been on the rise against immigrants of color.. but how does that apply to tourists of color?

8 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • looking for a flatshare

Athens Mar 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hello ! I am desperatly looking for a room in flatshare in Athens... Does one of you know a website which could help me in my searches ? Thanks for your help...

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    • Harley Davidson

Athens Mar 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM

where is the Harley Davidson shop in Athens? Thanks, Dave

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • 4 days in athens

Athens Mar 15, 2014 at 7:43 PM

We were only going to spend 2 days, now has changed due to flights etc and will be there 4 full days nearly. Any reccomendations on must do's. We are a 26 yr old couple.

Cheers

11 Answers May 6, 2014 at 1:03 AM
    • Sounio Cap

Lavrio Mar 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

How can we get from Lavrio to Sounio ? Bus, taxi? How much does it cost?

1 Answer Mar 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

Athens in April

Athens Feb 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I live in the south of Spain ( Serville or Malaga airport ) . My daughter wants to go to Athens between the 11th to 19th of April.I have a few questions as I dont know anything about this city . How many days will be enough to see this city ? Is it a good time to vist ?
      I have been looking at flights and I would have to go to Madrid or make a stop off .I would prefer a direct flight .I have just read here about airport transport in Athens so I dont think there is a problem
      Thank you :)

27 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 2:45 AM
    • BangBen's Profile Photo

airport transfer

Athens Feb 14, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Hi guys. I dont know how to reach city center (Art Hotel) from airport. Are there buses or metro? How to buy the tickets and how much is the cost? Or how much the cost if I use taxi?

Thanks a lot :)

5 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    • Rent a car in Athens

Athens Feb 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Hi! Can anybody suggest us which rent a car house is reliable and has reasonable prices? We are a group of seven, comming to Athens in June and like to travel around Peloponisos for 5 days. We plann to pick up the car at Athens airport.
      Thanks s lot in advance! Regards from Croatia!

6 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • Is it too far out?

Glyfada Feb 9, 2014 at 5:05 PM

We are flying into Athens and we have 2-3 days there before we go to Thessaloniki for a week.
      Is it easy to get around?

Thanks

4 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 12:55 AM
    • clausito's Profile Photo

Beach hotel east coast of athen

Athens Feb 9, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Thinks it is difficult to find a nice hotel close to athen and close to the beach.
      Price around 100 Euro per night
      Lot of possibilities along the east coast, but what to choose from Marathon to Porto Rafti? Not too much south of Athen because of too far distance to airport.
      We are on a 14 days roundtrip of Greece and will finish with 3 days relaxation

Have you any ideas?

Have a nice sunday

Claus from Denmark

5 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 6:48 AM
    • Nice to Athens by Plane

Athens Feb 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Hi All,
      We are flying from Nice to Athens on the 21st of July. Looking at flights the best I have is a 6 hour with 1 stop in Barcelona. Seems there is no direct? I have tried skyscanner and a few other sites.

Anyone done this flight? Any advice? Especially with luggage I don't want to get caught out!

4 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • KarinD9's Profile Photo

What to do, where to stay?

Athens Feb 4, 2014 at 11:12 PM

We shall be arriving in Athens by plane from Santorini early on a Saturday morning and have the Saturday and part of the sunday to explore Athens. We fly out at 17h15 to Amsterdam. Where is best to stay? What are the must-see's in Athens?
      Looking forward to your replies

6 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    • KarinD9's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Piraeus Feb 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hi We will be arriving at Athens airport late afternoon from Amsterdam and leaving by ferry early next morning for Mykonos. We can either leave from Piraeus or Rafina, but I need advice please ? We shall stay on the Plaka a week later, so will it be best to overnight close to the port? Which of the 2 is best to stay over to leave the next morning and what is the best way to get there from the airport?

11 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM