change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• shwemanthu's Profile Photo

International Driver License

Athens Yesterday

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

9 Answers 19 hours ago
    • Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

1 Answer Nov 24, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Ryainair flight from Athens

Athens Oct 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Hello everyone.
      My question is:
      If I purchase Ryanair tickets online, but don't select any checked baggage at this point, can I do this later, closer to the actual travel date? will it be more expensive?(I want to purchase tickets for april 2015).
      Is it cheaper to pay for checked bagagge now than in the airport?

Thanks so much!

27 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • What to do in winter on a third visit to Athens?

Athens Oct 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM

My husband and I will be coming on a five day visit to Athens in December. Two days will be taken up with friends. What can we do, other than the marvelous tourist attractions we have already done twice? I would love to rent a car for a couple of days and do something wintery (apart from skiing!). Any ideas about activities in Athens and away?

16 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    • ShaliaH's Profile Photo

Summer dresses Athens

Athens Oct 9, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Does anyone know where to buy summer dresses in athens. I have been to Plaka and Ermou street but it seems to be labeled things like you can get it anywhere. I want something thats only from Greece

1 Answer Oct 9, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • Bus stops from/to airport

Piraeus Sep 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Does the X96 stop other places ion Piraeus or just the port? I need to get to Hotel Mistral on Al Papanastasiou

3 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 3:32 AM
    • weather forecast

Poros Island Sep 15, 2014 at 7:13 AM

how will the weather be this week ?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • accomodation tips

Athens Sep 9, 2014 at 3:27 AM

Arriving today unprepared and Seeking recommendation pls for a budget hotel for single traveller near the city centre.
      Thanks

12 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • Train journey

Athens Sep 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM

How long will it take to get to the acropolis metro station from the airport ,I know I will have to change trains along the way

5 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • Naomi_B's Profile Photo

Piano stairs- Athens

Athens Sep 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Where can I find in Athens those piano stairs?

7 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    • Any one knows cheap or used furniture/home appliances markets/shops in Athens?

Athens Sep 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Any one knows cheap or used furniture/home appliances markets/shops in Athens?

3 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Sightseeing

Athens Jul 24, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Is taking taxi safe to do sightseeing? Thank you

6 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 2:22 AM
    • What to do 2 days!

Athens Jul 20, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Hi guys just arrived staying near the airport. Heard the buses go everywhere and run 24/7 from the airport .
      Any locals with advice

3 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    • Self Service Laundry

Piraeus Jul 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Are there any self service Laundromats (where you wash and dry your own clothes) in Piraeus

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    • which hotel ?

Spetses Island Jun 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM

we have the choice of 7 Islands or Athina apartments , 2 adults and 1 child age 13 - which is best ? thanks

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    • travelbugau2's Profile Photo

10 days in Athens/Peloponnese - ideas?

Athens Jun 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Hi, we are an older Aussie couple coming to Greece for the first time and hoping you can help with some itinreary ideas!!! We fly into Athens (from Rome) at 12.35pm on Mon 8 Sept and fly out of Athens (back to Rome) at 12.20pm on Thursday 18 September. So we have 9 nights to visit! We would like to see some highlights of Rome, the naval battle on Spetsis on Sat 13 Sept (and maybe visit Hydra), then travel around the Peloponnese. Any suggestions would be so much appreciated, thanks!!!

11 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM
    • Temple of Athena

Athens May 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Where do i find a representation of the frieze from the temple of athena

6 Answers May 28, 2014 at 4:41 AM
    • lagonblue's Profile Photo

timetable of AGIA TRIADA CHURCH

Piraeus May 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hello plsease,
      I'am looking for the timetable for this church above, for sunday.
      Do they do in English, or in French or any other language??

Thank you,
      Lagonbleu

1 Answer May 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • looking for a metro station stop

Piraeus May 22, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Is there a metro station that is near the hotel Central Athens Hotel in Athens?

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • taxi service (or transport option?) from piraeus port from/to hotel (intercontinental)

Athens May 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi,

I am staying at athenatheum intercontinental..which is some distance away from syngrou fix station.
      We are travelling with a toddler and would like to seek advice on options.
      For my travel in June:
      I am intending to catch the early morning 7.20 blue star ferry from piraeus to naxos. (weekday morning)
      Is it easier to take a cab or ok to take metro early in the morning?

We will have luggage and travelling with a child. how much will taxi cost?

As for the return a few days later, .I will reach piraeus only at 2325hrs if I am taking blue star ferry.
      Is it safe to take any of the cabs at the port to the hotel? or shld I arrange for private taxi? any recommendation amd approximate cost for reference?

The alternative would be to take the hellenic seaways which is faster and will reach piraeus at about 6pm on a weekday. I suppose it will be easier for me to catch the metro back to hotel? But I have heard that you may get seasick...am travelling with a toddler..so am weighing my options..

Appreciate your advice!

9 Answers May 28, 2014 at 9:28 PM
    • Ferry Tickets

Athens May 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM

During our visit to Grecce, we want to visit Santorini. We will visit greece on Jun 14. Do we need to buy Ferry ticket from Athens to Santorini (Round Trip) earlier or these tickets are always available?

17 Answers May 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • side trip out of Athens in June, 2014

Spetses Island May 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM

We have from June 1st until early evening June 5th to be in Athens. We have a Greek friend who has said it might be too long. What other side trips would be good to include. Maybe for 2 days?

2 Answers May 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM
    • One whole day and one evening in Athens-Help to create my itinerary

Athens May 6, 2014 at 2:15 AM

We are a family of 4 and we only have 1 whole day in athens on the way to Santorini and an evening on return and next day flying to Istanbul.
      I haven't create my own itinerary and from what I read and understand that mainly visitor start the holidays visiting the Acropolis early morning doing the walking tour starting at Acropolis subway station. Here I have a doubt where to start and to finish this tour: is this the right place to start by taking the metro or better go by taxi to the nearest entrance to the acropolis? My mother is of 73yrs and walk slowly.
      Which is the best exit door to find a taverna to have our early lunch? We would like to go to Plaka and Syntagma Square. We will stay in Cecil Hotel.
      Any more suggestions would be appreciated
      Thanks in advance for the advices

34 Answers May 13, 2014 at 11:21 PM
    • Travel Time

Athens May 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I am flying to Rome from Athens. My flight is at 2130 hrs from Athens. on the same day I will travel from Santorini to Athens. I will travel with Hellenic Seaways HIGHSPEED 6 ferry. The ferry schedule shows that the arrival time at Athens is at 1755 hrs. Will it be possible for me to atch the flight in time?

6 Answers May 11, 2014 at 6:33 AM
    • rdm1235's Profile Photo

terra vibe park to athens late at night

Athens Apr 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I am going to see a Bob Dylan concert at the Terra Vibe Park on June 23rd. What is the best way to get back to centre of Athens by public transport after the concert. It seems that the train stops running fairly early and I can not see another way to get back
      thank you
      steve

6 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • open jaw flights

Athens Apr 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what is the cheapest way to get from NE USA to Athens Greece with a 1 wk stopover in rome on return
      Summer Semester july/Aug '14

8 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    • Apartnemt for Rent in Rafina.

Rafina Apr 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I am looking for an apartment to rent in Rafina, Greece. I only need a small apartment for one person, with a small equiped kitchen. For 3 weeks in July. Something nice and affordable. thank you.

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • Luggage Storage

Athens Apr 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Hi, we (Husband and Wife) are planning to visit Greece in this summer (Jun 14). I will reach Athens at 1645 hrs. My ferry to Santorini is at 2100 on the same day. After checking out from Airport will it be possible for us to visit Acropolis and then moving towards the Piraeus Port?
      Is there any place near Acropolis where i can keep my luggage?

7 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Searching for a single room in Athens

Prefecture of Attica Apr 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I need a private room for 3 months from April in Athens centre.
      I'm from Italy and I'm doing a research for my Phd paper.
      Can you help me?

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • Safe for tourists?

Athens Mar 30, 2014 at 5:10 AM

I will be travelling to Athens next month and wanted to know how the reception is towards tourists. Im aware of how racist activities have been on the rise against immigrants of color.. but how does that apply to tourists of color?

8 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM