change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Organized beaches

Kythira Island Apr 22, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Hi!
      Which are organized beaches with umbrellas in Kythira?
      Thanks

more
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Cape Sounion by boat?

Athens Apr 13, 2015 at 12:41 PM

We have visited Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poisidon by land several times. We would love to visit by boat. Does anyone know of a service that would take 5 of us for a boat ride to Cape Sounion?
      Thanks, Marilyn

more
    • Airport to town by bus

Athens Apr 13, 2015 at 5:59 AM

How do I get from the airport to Marni & Stournari corner?

more
    • FIRST EVENING IN ATHENS

Athens Apr 20, 2015 at 7:52 AM

My wife and I arrive at Athens by midday and hope to be in our hotel (Athens Gate) which is near the acropolis metro station, by about 3 PM in mid september. We plan to spend the next full day visiting various important places of tourist interest in Athens. However, we would like to explore areas nearby to our hotel in the few hours that we have on the day of our arrival.
      1.any suggestions for what to do for the evening of the day of our arrival?
      2. Any nearby market place that we can just walk around and possibly pick up something to eat.
      3 How does one get to the Strathmos Bairaktari Café Resturant, at 63 Mitropoleos, Dimopratirious Square. (Etaomoe Mhaipaktaph). (picked up by reading the reviews of fellow travelers).
      4. Would welcome any other suggestions for cheap and authentic Greek food.

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

Lounge in Athens Airport

Athens Apr 19, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Hi guys,

We have a 8 hours transit in Athens Airport on 1st August night from 12 am to 8 am. Looking some advise and info about the sleeping places inside the airport and price.

Thanks in advance

more
    • From city center to Lavrio Marina

Athens Apr 13, 2015 at 6:53 AM

What bus should I taje from Athens to Lavrio?
      Where do I take it?

more
    • Gettng from Sounion to Lavrio

Athens Apr 15, 2015 at 7:27 AM

Planning a route from Athens to Lavrio, however, I'd like to stop at Sounion and spend a few hours there on the way.
      I plan to use buses. I figured out the bus to Sounion is every other hour from Egypt Square. What I cannot figure out is what to take from Sounion to Lavrio, and how often is there a bus going this way.
      Also, do I buy a ticket to Lavrio, and use it to Sounion and then to Lavrio? Or two tickets (one for each leg)?

Thanks,
      Dan

more
    • no. of days

Athens Apr 19, 2015 at 6:40 PM

How many days is the minimum we should plan for Athens and if we want to go to Delphi for a day trip. Is it worth going to Delphi.

thanks in Advance.

more
    • Danielle89's Profile Photo

Omonia square

Athens Mar 29, 2015 at 5:52 AM

Hello everybody,
      I will be in athens at the beginning of May. My hotel is at Omonia square and I would like to know what it's like right now. I know that everybody says that it's really dangerous, but it's no option for me to avoid it at night time, because my plane lands around 8 pm. After all the reviews, I'm a bit scared to walk around with my suitcase. My hotel is only 20 meters from the subway station. Does that make it a bit safer? I won't have to walk around very long. And does anybody have any tips for me to "survive" my first night there?

more
    • taxi fare

Athens Apr 17, 2015 at 1:30 PM

any good taxi drivers any one can recommend from cruise port Athens to lake vouligmeni reasonably priced

more
    • Organized beaches

Kythira Island Apr 22, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Hi!
      Which are organized beaches with umbrellas in Kythira?
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 2:04 PM
    • FIRST EVENING IN ATHENS

Athens Apr 20, 2015 at 7:52 AM

My wife and I arrive at Athens by midday and hope to be in our hotel (Athens Gate) which is near the acropolis metro station, by about 3 PM in mid september. We plan to spend the next full day visiting various important places of tourist interest in Athens. However, we would like to explore areas nearby to our hotel in the few hours that we have on the day of our arrival.
      1.any suggestions for what to do for the evening of the day of our arrival?
      2. Any nearby market place that we can just walk around and possibly pick up something to eat.
      3 How does one get to the Strathmos Bairaktari Café Resturant, at 63 Mitropoleos, Dimopratirious Square. (Etaomoe Mhaipaktaph). (picked up by reading the reviews of fellow travelers).
      4. Would welcome any other suggestions for cheap and authentic Greek food.

4 Answers 13 hours ago
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

Lounge in Athens Airport

Athens Apr 19, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Hi guys,

We have a 8 hours transit in Athens Airport on 1st August night from 12 am to 8 am. Looking some advise and info about the sleeping places inside the airport and price.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 11:28 PM
    • no. of days

Athens Apr 19, 2015 at 6:40 PM

How many days is the minimum we should plan for Athens and if we want to go to Delphi for a day trip. Is it worth going to Delphi.

thanks in Advance.

8 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 7:29 AM
    • taxi fare

Athens Apr 17, 2015 at 1:30 PM

any good taxi drivers any one can recommend from cruise port Athens to lake vouligmeni reasonably priced

10 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 8:15 AM
    • Gettng from Sounion to Lavrio

Athens Apr 15, 2015 at 7:27 AM

Planning a route from Athens to Lavrio, however, I'd like to stop at Sounion and spend a few hours there on the way.
      I plan to use buses. I figured out the bus to Sounion is every other hour from Egypt Square. What I cannot figure out is what to take from Sounion to Lavrio, and how often is there a bus going this way.
      Also, do I buy a ticket to Lavrio, and use it to Sounion and then to Lavrio? Or two tickets (one for each leg)?

Thanks,
      Dan

6 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 2:18 PM
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Cape Sounion by boat?

Athens Apr 13, 2015 at 12:41 PM

We have visited Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poisidon by land several times. We would love to visit by boat. Does anyone know of a service that would take 5 of us for a boat ride to Cape Sounion?
      Thanks, Marilyn

2 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 1:52 AM
    • From city center to Lavrio Marina

Athens Apr 13, 2015 at 6:53 AM

What bus should I taje from Athens to Lavrio?
      Where do I take it?

4 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 1:37 PM
    • Airport to town by bus

Athens Apr 13, 2015 at 5:59 AM

How do I get from the airport to Marni & Stournari corner?

3 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 5:54 AM
    • Danielle89's Profile Photo

Omonia square

Athens Mar 29, 2015 at 5:52 AM

Hello everybody,
      I will be in athens at the beginning of May. My hotel is at Omonia square and I would like to know what it's like right now. I know that everybody says that it's really dangerous, but it's no option for me to avoid it at night time, because my plane lands around 8 pm. After all the reviews, I'm a bit scared to walk around with my suitcase. My hotel is only 20 meters from the subway station. Does that make it a bit safer? I won't have to walk around very long. And does anybody have any tips for me to "survive" my first night there?

9 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • Arriving too early !

Athens Mar 22, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Hey !!
      A Biigggg THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time and effort to answer all my earlier queries. Heres one more !! We'll be arriving in Athens around 06.00 on the 14th of April. However the place that we've booked for our stay doesnt allow us to check in before 13.00hrs. Can anybody suggest a safe place where we can stow our bags and roam around the city till then?

26 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 11:55 PM
    • maryttbloomer's Profile Photo

cheapest way

Athens Mar 19, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hi I've been advised that the cheapest way to go from Athens to Corinth is by train is this so and how much will it be

3 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    • London-Athens-Santorini

Athens Mar 19, 2015 at 2:26 AM

Hi, Can anyone let me know the best plan for a trip from London to Athens, Santorini?

7 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 6:42 AM
    • Safety in Athens

Athens Mar 8, 2015 at 7:38 AM

Hi !! this is the first time we'll be visiting Greece. How safe is it for tourists who don't know the local language to travel without a guide. Can anybody suggest a reliable tour operator who can arrange a tour to Delphi.
      Thanks

18 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

How to get to the airport very early in the morning...

Athens Feb 25, 2015 at 1:27 PM

HI Everyone,
      I will be visiting athens on april 4 and need to figure out the best option to go to the airport on a sunday morinig.
      My flight (ryanair) departs at 7am, so I need to know:
      - how early should I arrive to the airport
      - how long will the metro ride take (from plaka)
      - will the metro be open at that time in the morning
      - how much shuld a taxi cost
      Any other suggestions are welcome!
      Thanks!

18 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    • travel.mania's Profile Photo

Things to see in Athens

Athens Feb 22, 2015 at 9:27 PM

I am going to Athens, Greece next week. I welcome any suggestions to places to see. things to do. Things to buy.

6 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 11:45 AM
    • is it safe to travel to Athens now

Athens Feb 18, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Hi my brother and I are planning to travel to Athens in 2 weeks and I would like to know if it is safe to travel at the moment or not hearing the political and economy situation

Thank you for your feedback

Regards
      Tin

21 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 1:24 AM
    • celino's Profile Photo

accommodation.

Nisos Antikythira Feb 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM

hi, in early June I want to visit the island of Antikythira, can you give me some indications on where to stay?
      thank you
      celino.

3 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 10:55 PM
    • Angenmax's Profile Photo

Accommodation

Athens Jan 3, 2015 at 1:46 AM

Hi, my sister and I will be travelling to Athens in June of this year and were wondering if anyone could advise of safe areas of the city to stay with good access to popular tourist sites. Thanks in advance.
      Andrea

10 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM
    • 10 days in august

Athens Dec 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM

3 of us planning 10 days beginning August in Greece. Looks like we have to begin and end in Athens. Plan is to visit one or two islands....Siros is a definite and would like to see Mykonos also. Perhaps break the return ferry journey to Athens with another island?? Then a relaxing hideway ( for last three days) beach and peace important, within striking distance of Athens for return flight. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

18 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 9:21 AM
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

How long it will take to look around in acropolis ?

Athens Dec 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We will be arriving Athens in the middle of the day. After checking in at hotel around 1 o'clock, we would like to go to acropolis. Is it enough time to visit all including ancient agora, before the sun set.

18 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 11:58 AM
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

International Driver License

Athens Nov 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

9 Answers Nov 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

1 Answer Nov 24, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Ryainair flight from Athens

Athens Oct 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Hello everyone.
      My question is:
      If I purchase Ryanair tickets online, but don't select any checked baggage at this point, can I do this later, closer to the actual travel date? will it be more expensive?(I want to purchase tickets for april 2015).
      Is it cheaper to pay for checked bagagge now than in the airport?

Thanks so much!

27 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • What to do in winter on a third visit to Athens?

Athens Oct 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM

My husband and I will be coming on a five day visit to Athens in December. Two days will be taken up with friends. What can we do, other than the marvelous tourist attractions we have already done twice? I would love to rent a car for a couple of days and do something wintery (apart from skiing!). Any ideas about activities in Athens and away?

18 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • ShaliaH's Profile Photo

Summer dresses Athens

Athens Oct 9, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Does anyone know where to buy summer dresses in athens. I have been to Plaka and Ermou street but it seems to be labeled things like you can get it anywhere. I want something thats only from Greece

1 Answer Oct 9, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • Bus stops from/to airport

Piraeus Sep 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Does the X96 stop other places ion Piraeus or just the port? I need to get to Hotel Mistral on Al Papanastasiou

3 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 3:32 AM
    • weather forecast

Poros Island Sep 15, 2014 at 7:13 AM

how will the weather be this week ?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • accomodation tips

Athens Sep 9, 2014 at 3:27 AM

Arriving today unprepared and Seeking recommendation pls for a budget hotel for single traveller near the city centre.
      Thanks

12 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • Train journey

Athens Sep 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM

How long will it take to get to the acropolis metro station from the airport ,I know I will have to change trains along the way

6 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 8:11 AM