Prato Travel Answers

change location
rhino_514's Profile Photo

cheap place to stay in Prato or Florence?

by rhino_514 Online Now Dec 12, 2004 at 7:24 PM

Hi. I will be in Prato in early January for a week anfa half but have a tight budget. I would appreciate if someone could recommend a cheap place to stay in either Prato or closeby in Forence. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • EllenH's Profile Photo

Re: cheap place to stay in Prato or Florence?

by EllenH Online Now Dec 12, 2004 at 7:29 PM

Hotel ester is very near the station and cheap and very nice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kenadams's Profile Photo

Re: cheap place to stay in Prato or Florence?

by kenadams Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 12:39 PM

My suggestions in Prato: 1) Albergo il Giglio - in piazza San Marco, is in Prato's small center. 10 minute walk to the Central train station (PRATO CENTRALE) or 5 minutes to the smaller (PRATO PORTA AL SERRAGLIO). You can catch a train to Florence in either station, and in PRATO CENTRALE you can also get a bus. The hotel rates 2 stras in the italian scale (1 to 5, 5 being best). Might be noisy. 2) Albergo Giardino. 3 stars. Located in via Magnolfi, it is 100 meters away from PORTA AL SERRAGLIO station. The street is nice, recently renewed, right next to Piazza del Duomo. There is a bar next to the hotel that used to be a drug dispatch, but it's not dangerous. The proximity to the train station makes this my suggested hotel. 3) Hotel Toscana, 2 stars. On the other side of PORTA AL SERRAGLIO station. Might be noisy. Have a good time, Prato is worth an afternoon walk around the center (Duomo, Castello dell'Imperatore, Palazzo Pretorio plus some interesting churches). Daniel

• rhino_514's Profile Photo

Re: Re: cheap place to stay in Prato or Florence?

by rhino_514 Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 6:10 PM

Thank you so much! But do you have any idea what the price per night would be in both hotels? Grazie

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 6:18 PM

ours was 75 euro for a triple, so I would guess 25 for a single.

• kenadams's Profile Photo

by kenadams Online Now Dec 14, 2004 at 6:48 AM

I don't know the prices: I've lived in Prato for 18 years, and I have never needed a hotel there. I'm sure you'll be able to find the phone number or the email address on the internet, and I'm sure the prices will be lower than in Florence. Bye, Daniel

• claire18's Profile Photo

RE: cheap place to stay in Prato or Florence?

by claire18 Online Now Dec 22, 2005 at 9:13 AM

try Residence Manassei, it is a selfcatering hotel, which means you have your miniapartment (consisting of double bedroom, corner kitchen, bath with shower) and you can decide to cook or to go out for lunch/dinner. Bed linen and towels are provided. Kitchen are fully equipped. The rate for a week in January is Euro 300,00 for one person (Eruo 500,00 for two).
    Residence Manassei
    Via Manassei 3/5/7 Prato
    info@residencemanassei.it
    www.residencemanassei.it

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines