change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• FunLovinTourist's Profile Photo

Ferry options from Salerno to Positano

Campania Jun 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Hello everyone. I'm going to be arriving in Salerno via cruise ship (Royal Caribbean - Serenade of the Seas) on 4 September. My plan is to take a ferry, first thing in the morning, from Salerno to Positano.  (And then after spending some time in Positano, take the SITA bus to Amalfi, and then finally a ferry from Amalfi back to Salerno.)  I would like to get to Positano as early in the morning as possible to maximize my sightseeing time.  I expect to be able to disembark from the cruise ship at 7 in the morning or shortly thereafter.

From what I've read online, there are a several options for the ferry from Salerno to Positano:

1. Travelmar/Cooperativa Sant'Andrea (I believe these are the same thing), and this ferry departs regularly from the pier nearest Piazza della Concordia, but the earliest departure is 8:40 in the morning. I've read that a shuttle bus is available from the cruise ship to Piazza della Concordia.  This trip is advertised as 70 minutes.
      2. Alicost, which departs from the Molo Manfredi pier only at 8:40 in the morning (I wonder if this is a commuter ferry?)  I don't know how long this trip takes.
      3. NLG, which also departs from the Molo Manfredi pier only only at 8:20 in the morning, and is apparently a high speed ferry that takes 50 minutes.

Here are my questions that I hope can be answered:

1. Is Molo Manfredi easier to get to than taking a shuttle bus from the ship to Piazza della Concordia?  I don't know exactly where the cruise ship will dock, and from what I've read online, the Salerno port is quite large.
      2. I'd like to be able to enjoy the ferry trip, and hopefully enjoy the view of the coast from the ferry.  It looks like the Travelmar/Cooperativa Sant'Andrea ferries allow for enjoying the view with outside seating.  Does the NLG ferry also have outside seating?  Is it an unpleasant journey because it is high-speed?  I'd love to take a few good photos of arriving in Positano.  It looks like a stunning view from the pictures I've seen online.  I can't wait to visit! smiley

Many thanks in advance for any insight and guidance that you can provide!  Ciao!

more
    • Getting to Salerno from USA

Salerno 2 hours ago

I hope to travel to Salerno this Fall to study Italian and enrolling in an immersion course. Can anyone suggest the best way to get there? Fly into Naples and take the train to Salerno or fly into Rome and take the train? I live in Cental New York (State)

more
    • BUS FROM SORRENTO TO NAPLES

Sorrento Jul 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM

STAYING IN SORRENTO AND WANT TO TAKE A BUS TO NAPLES. HOW MUCH, HOW LONG AND WHERE DO WE CATCH THE BUS?

more
    • Positano, sorento, or Amalfi town

Amalfi Jul 18, 2014 at 6:16 AM

My husband and I are traveling to italy for the first time this September. We will be spending 5 days along the Amalfi Coast. Being unfamiliar with the area, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to stay. We will be traveling by train, coming from Florence. Any suggestions on what to see and do while there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • Sunday opening

Paestum Jul 15, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Is the site open on Sundays and do the trains and buses run on that day?

more
    • Sights to see

Sorrento Jul 7, 2014 at 6:34 AM

We are going to stay in Sorrento and then Naples. We want to see Pomei, Hercanleum, and Mount Vesuvius. Should we divide it up and do Mt. Vesuvius when we get to Naples or do all three from Sorrento or all three from Naples?

more
    • Traveling from Sorrento to Naples Italy

Sorrento Jul 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

What is the best way to go to Naples from Sorrento Italy?

more
    • Jepstein517's Profile Photo

Transportation from Praiano to Florence

Amalfi Jun 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Having been helped so much getting from Rome to Praiano by bus (thanks so much!), we now will need to get from Praiano to Florence next Monday by 5 p.m. Are there any buses that could do the trick? We hesitate to take trains b/c we have 4 pieces of luggage (2 large, 2 small) and are concerned about getting them on and storing them on the train. I guess we will if there is no option, but you guys are so knowledgeable, I'm hoping someone knows a way by bus.

Thanks, Judi

more
    • Train from Florence to sorrento

Sorrento Jul 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Can someone please give me the exact train line and location to get from Florence Santa Maria train station into florence? Can i take Italo to Naples and then take another local train? If so, what local train, how do i schedule it and whats the website?!

more
    • Sorrento bus to Massa Lubrense

Sorrento Jul 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I got the part of taking the Circumvesuviana train from Napoli Central to Sorrento but need to find out which bus to take from Sorrento to the hotel & Spa Bellavista Francischiello on Via Partenope Massa Lubrense. Thank you very much for any info.

more
    • Day trip to Paestum from Sorrento

Paestum Jun 28, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Is it possible to do a day trip from Sorrento to Paestum, stopping on Amalfi Coast & Salerno as well? Is it possible using public transport or should we do an organised tour?

more
    • Ravello to Rome

Ravello Jun 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM

What is the best, and easiest way to get from Ravello to Rome?
      Would the train be the best option? Also, what is the closest train station to Ravello?
      Thank you!

more
    • Questions about Sorrento

Sorrento Jul 7, 2014 at 6:41 AM

We are going to Sorrento and then Naples. Is it better to see Mt Vesuvius when we get to Naples? What about Pompei and the Herulaneum?
      Just trying to see as much as we can for the time we are there.

We are traveling from to Sorrento through Naples. I thought it would be easier to take the ferry from Naples to Sorrento. The website for the ferry is in Italian what times do the ferries run and how far is the ferry docking place from the train station?

Thank you
      Debi Gregg

more
    • getting there

Sorrento Jul 18, 2014 at 9:31 AM

what is the best way to get to Sorrento from Florence airport and do you recomend staying in sorrento or amalfi?

more
    • Jepstein517's Profile Photo

Transport Rome to Praiano

by Jepstein517 Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Was disappointed to learn that Curreri Bus does not leave from Rome, but from Naples. Does anyone know of a bus line that does this run? We don't mind transferring, but we have a fair amount of luggage so the less, the better.
      I think going by train might be difficult.

Thanks so much for any assistance.

11 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • From Praiano to Naples airport

by RobynKR Online Now May 31, 2014 at 11:57 PM

In September we are staying at The Hotel Open Gate in Praiano and on September 11 we need to to be at Naples airport at approximately 1pm. So....taxi to Sorrento, hydrofoil to Naples and then to the airport...or ??? Would apppreciate advice!

2 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • public transport from praiano to naples

by candiemalaval Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Begin of April, a friend and me would like to walk along el sentiero deli dei. We'll stay in Naples, so we'd like to know which is the best way to go back to Naples from Praiano at the end of the day. We haven't found any bus or boat schedule.
      Thanks for you help!

6 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    • restaurant in praiano

by Carolejtex Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM

What is the best restaurant to celebrate with out friends on their 50th anniversary?

5 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    • making the most of praiano in a leg plaster cast!

by injuredtraveller Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I am going to stay in Praiano but have injured my leg and am now in a plaster cast up to my knee and have to use crutches or chair to get around. Is it worth me still going? will I get to see the sights at all with my family? D

2 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    • Dr.Dani's Profile Photo

Travel via Train

by Dr.Dani Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I need to get back to Naples Centrale on Aug 11 for a Noon train to Milano C.LE. I will need to get to any nearby Train Station to get to Naples for the noon train out. Is there a train nearby? Positano? Sorrento?
      AI am already paying EU100 to have someone from the Hotel's taxi pick me up in Naples on the 7th and would rather not pay that, again when I leave for the second part of my trip.

3 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    • First time to Italy :)

by Calliedee Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Hi there

We are a family in our late thirties traveling with 5 year old daughter to Italy in April, we will spend 4 days on the Amalfi Coast, we have chosen to stay at the Hotel Margherita as it had excellent views on trip advisor...

Any ideas of places of interest around this area? We plan on visiting Pompeii but apart from that the schedule is empty for now.

Look forward to any ideas :)

5 Answers Feb 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    • Transportation Ischia to Praiano

by reginadow Online Now Sep 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM

My husband and I (retired senior citizens) will need transportation from Ischia to Praiano on a Saturday this October, 2011. Is there only one ferry from Ischia to Naples (which leaves after 4pm) and then take the train from Naples to Sorrento, and then the SITA bus to Praiano?
      Does anyone have a suggestion for a better or more expeditious way to reach our destination?
      Does anyone know if the Ischia ferry runs in October?
      Is there a ferry/hydrofoil from Ischia straight to Sorrento, and on a Saturday?
      We are hoping for an earlier arrival in Praiano; is there any particular bus stop we should disembark at to catch a taxi to our vacation rental?
      Thanks for any suggestions.
      ReginaD, Old woman budget traveler.

3 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    • Transport from Naples to Praiano at night

by Manlygirl Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 8:23 PM

My friend is arriving into Naples at 7.30pm and is intending to meet me in Praiano that night. My question is, how long will it take her to travel by public transport and will it be difficult for a lady on her own at that time of night. Would it be dangerous? She is arriving on 17 September.

I am arriving one week earlier with another friend so we are getting a car to pick us up (90 euros).

Many thanks!
      Colleen

3 Answers Aug 15, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    • Dinner/ Vespa

by Spunke Online Now May 2, 2009 at 2:18 PM

We will be leaving for Praiano next week, can anyone recomend a few good but not crazy expensive restaurants and maybe a place where we can rent a Vespa for the day.

Thank you

3 Answers May 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM
    • maureena's Profile Photo

Getting Around

by maureena Online Now Dec 15, 2007 at 7:55 AM

Have decided to stay in Praiano rather than Positano during our holiday in June 2008, how is public transport in the area, we will be doing all our travelling by bus and wondered how reliable, and also how busy the buses will be. Wondered about changing to Positano which would give us the ferries as well.

2 Answers Feb 18, 2008 at 4:07 PM
    • rooms at Hotel La Perla, Praiano, Italyl

by familyp2 Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Hi We were wondering about the twin beds--are they comfortable?? Our 21 yr old never sleeps well & we're on somewhat of a budget. Thank you for time--Kathy

2 Answers Nov 2, 2007 at 7:12 AM
    • rooms at Hotel La Perla, Praiano, Italyl

by familyp2 Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 4:00 PM

Hi We were wondering about the twin beds--are they comfortable?? Our 21 yr old very never sleeps well & we're on somewhat of a budget. Thank you for time--Kathy

• Casa Angelina or Grand Hotel Tritone

by shirlmck Online Now Jul 9, 2006 at 4:52 PM

I have been offered a jr. suite at the Hotel Tritone for the same price as a double superior with sea view.

Does anyone have any advice as to which one we should choose? We are staying for 8 days and we will not have a car. "We" are mother and daughter ages 53 and 78. Daughter is very active, Mother is in extremely good condition, but does not like to climb extremely steep hills.

Any advice is appreciated.

1 Answer Jul 31, 2006 at 11:45 AM
    • L'Africana Night club

by StellaHowick Online Now Jun 20, 2006 at 4:19 AM

I am travelling to Praiano in July 06. I was sorry to hear of the death of the owner of the L'Africana Night Club, but wondered if there where any plans to re-open and whether it would be open during my visit. I have read so many good things about it and would love to experience it during my trip.

1 Answer Dec 5, 2006 at 7:16 AM
    • Giroyeehah's Profile Photo

Praiano to Roma Fiumicino?

by Giroyeehah Online Now May 31, 2005 at 11:26 PM

Howdy all,

I need to get from praiano to Roma Fiumicino airport for a 1600 departure. I think the easiest/economical way to do this is train from Salerno at 0942 on the same morning. Can anyone help with ideas/prices of Praino to Salerno at 0800 time of the morning? Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 1, 2007 at 5:36 PM
    • onde verde hotel

by Carolejtex Online Now Oct 3, 2004 at 7:57 AM

Has anyone heard anything about this hotel in Praiano on the amalfi coast?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2005 at 11:03 AM
    • tracyjames's Profile Photo

has anyone ever been here?

by tracyjames Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 8:21 PM

whats it like, is there any cheap accommodation?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2004 at 5:41 AM