Praia da Rocha Travel Answers

change location

train stations??

by kissmequik Online Now Sep 1, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Hi!! i wondered if anyone might be able to help me. Im off to Praia da Rocha next week for my holidays (yay! i can't wait!) and me and my buddies were really hoping to take a trip to libon for the day. Seen as taxis are so expensive we were hoping to get the train. But having trauled the internet for train times and stations, im still none the wiser as to wether or not Praia da Rocha even has a train station!! Does anyone know where the nearest one might be and can you point me to a handy website with train times??? thanx! x

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • algarve_holidayer's Profile Photo

Re: train stations??

by algarve_holidayer Online Now Sep 1, 2007 at 3:38 PM

Hi kissmequick

Praia da Rocha is a great choice to go for your hols!

Praia da Rocha is the seafront of Portimão. The train station is about 10 mins max by taxi (~4 €) from Praia da Rocha.

For train timetables check out: http://www.cp.pt/

You’ll catch the regional train to Tunes and then change to the more comfortable train to Lisbon. Train journey takes about 3.5 hr.

If you are going to Lisbon I would recommend an overnight stay and that you go to the Lisboa-Oriente station. Quite smart and you can visit Parque das Nações and it’s spectacular attractions: parquedasnacoes.pt/touristgu...

Enjoy Lisbon! It's a great city!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • traa's Profile Photo

Re: train stations??

by traa Online Now Sep 2, 2007 at 6:12 AM

I agree with the idea that you should stay over for one night. Lisbon in one day with the drive from and to the Algarve is insane. Unless you only want to come ant take a pic to say you were here :)
    Stay over and enjoy yourselves. You won`t regret. Lisbon is beautiful and also full of fun opportunities!

Tânia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Praia da Rocha