Prague Travel Answers

change location
cj55's Profile Photo

best type of accomodations

by cj55 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM

What is the best type of accomodations for Prague, hotel or apartment? Which would give me the best price? I'm thinking Old Town.

Thank you,
Con

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • sakinai's Profile Photo

Re: best type of accomodations

by sakinai Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Hi,

I would recommend an apartment and you have more freedom. Last time we went (3 of us), we stayed in a 1-BR apartment and its soo nice and relaxed, able to make your own breakfast before set for the day. I couldn't remember how much it was but definitely cheaper than hotels, just google 'pragueapartment', advisors are quite quick in replying.

Hope it helps.

sax

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnjoe55's Profile Photo

by johnjoe55 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:07 AM

It depends on you really both are very good, old town will be more expensive and in my opinion not really needed the transport system is excellent wherever you get accommadation try to get it near tram, bus or metro station. Tram 22 as this is the tram that goes to the Castle taking you through lesser town which if you get of at you can walk across Charles Bridge into old town. Enjoy Prague it's my favourite City. :)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

by LoriPori Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM

When we visited Prague we stayed in a two-bedroom apartment - Apartment Jaromirka Prague in Praha 2. The Tram line was right in front of the apartment. It was located in a nice quiet neighborhood close to Vysehrad Castle and five minutes by tram to Wenceslas Square. The apartment had a living room with TV, kitchen with microwave, fridge and all kitchen utensils. The only drawback was that there was no elevator. When we stayed we paid 295 Euros for five nights. The website is www.prague-holiday.net
    Enjoy Prague - it's absolutely beautiful!!

• Re: best type of accomodations

by packtarl Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Totally agree with the above post. No need at all to stay in the old town. Everything there will be much more expensive because it is right in the tourist area. The Prague transport system is brilliant. It is reliable and cheap and wherever you stay you will be close to a tram line and/or metro station that will get you wherever you want to be. You can travel across the entire city in under 25 minutes!!!!! Hotel or apartment is up to you. Personally i always stay in a hotel. Bed and breakfast rates are very reasonable out of the centre. Bear in mind that the rates in all accomadation in Prague are set by season. The low season has just finished and the mid season has started. High season is the summer months and xmas and new year. This will make a big difference to cost but all accomadation costs rise and fall together so it is comparitive.

1 member found this helpful

• comiskey's Profile Photo

by comiskey Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 4:50 AM

We have stayed in apartments every time we have been to prague, oldtownapartments are very good, also check out apartmentinprague.com this is a charming but basic apartment in a very safe courtyard of an old church in Mala Strana, we have stayed here several times and so have many friends. Walking distance to Charles Bridge through Kampa Park and with easy access to trams. Also walking distance to some great bars such as BarBar and Kolkovna. Walking distance to Prague Castle Petrin Hill etc. There is also a large shopping centre close by with a huge Tesco for all your supplies.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Prague