Prague Travel Answers

change location
RWFAN's Profile Photo

Prague rooftops

by RWFAN Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM

This may seem like a strange request, but every new city that I go to I try to find an accessible rooftop that I can get on to and get some great pics from high up. I know that Prague has a couple of official options for attractions with a view, but can anyone give me clues on where I might be able to get an unofficial view of the city from a rooftop??

I would also be interested in recommendations on where to go to get the best city-scape views!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Re: Prague rooftops

by Maryimelda Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM

One of the obvious places for great views over the city is the Petrin Tower and surrounds:

"Walk from Petrin Tower...." - Petrin Tower Tip by Maryimelda

As for private rooftops, I'm sorry I can't help you with that, but there will probably be someone on VT who can. Just wait and see.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DueSer's Profile Photo

by DueSer Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I don't think you need a rooftop in Prague. Go to the castle. On the side that looks out over the city, there's the perfect place to get gorgeous pictures from rooftop level. The castle is on a hilltop in Mala Strana so you're overlooking that part of the city as well as the river and then the other side of the city across the river. And the castle is a large complex. You don't have to pay to take the tour, you can just wander the grounds so it's not even an expensive option:-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• geordieontour's Profile Photo

by geordieontour Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM

As Mentioned go to the Castle or petrin Hill where the tower is for Free, or for a small fee go up the clock tower in the old square , I got some great video here with the snow on the roof tops

• taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

by taurean_traveller Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Agreed.We were in Prague recently ( a beautiful city in my opinion) and we went to the castle and the views were spectacular.We were lucky and saw a "Changing of the Guards" ceremony. My wife also went up to the top of the tower and got some spectacular pictures

• Re: Prague rooftops

by packtarl Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Castle, Petrin Hill, clock tower in old town square, tower at end of Charles Bridge. All of these offer great photo opportunities from various elevations and areas of Prague, but the most panoramic in my opinion is the observation deck up the tv tower in the Zizkov area.360 degree view and very high. Easily accessed by both tram and metro (green line) the tower itself is worth going to see close up. Absolutely awesome.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Prague