Prague Travel Answers

change location
geordieontour's Profile Photo

Is this the end!!!!

by geordieontour Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Having just returned from Prague after 5 visits I could not help notice how quiet it is, Charles Bridge 4- 6 stalls, no music, Restaurants empty, bars quite, or is it the time of year, are tourists moving on to newer destinations, or are the prices catching up with everything. what do the locals think!!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Is this the end!!!!

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Take a trip again in July or August and you see that it's still on the list of visitors. I remember there are two low seasons and on is about to end, temperatures are not very welcoming during these days. So, you were lucky :) right, with having all the attractions all for you only :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • geordieontour's Profile Photo

by geordieontour Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Yep that was the plan to come back late August when the sun is out, stayed in the less quarter, which I found the prices half from the main centre.

• Re: Is this the end!!!!

by packtarl Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Heres a tip. Get on a tram and just see where it takes you. Get out into the suburbs where the locals eat and drink. The prices are much cheaper than in central Prague and theres no shortage of excellent eateries, whether it be a restaurant or a bar. You cant get lost because you just take the same tram back again. I am a regular visitor to Prague and long ago realised that downtown prices are a rip off. I have found some fantastic places by just getting out of the centre and exploring. There are some good ones just off the main drag in the Andel area for instance and thats not really all that far from the centre.

2 members found this helpful

• Benjamin08's Profile Photo

Re: Is this the end!!!!

by Benjamin08 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 4:05 AM

I don't think this is because of the end of Prague tourism. It is more on account of the end of European economy. In the summer the Prague will be full of tourists but more and more those from Russia, Asia,..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Prague