Powys

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TAXIS FROM BANGOR RAILWAY STATION

Bangor 16 hours ago

Is it easy to pick up a taxi on arrival at the railway station or do you need to prebook?

more
    • fancy dress

Swansea Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

North Wales - Driving route - Tips

Snowdonia Apr 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I am planning to take the driving route starting from Halkyn where I am staying on Day 1 and follow Llandudno, Conwy, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Bala Lake and Aberystwyth. I wanted to include Holyhead, but seem to be a long travel. Can anyone suggest what I can add or remove in my route? I will be travelling with 2 kids (aged 9 and 5) and will be interested in any short stop-over on the route. Aberystwyth will be stay place on Day 2.

more
    • Best places to see

Brecon Beacons National Park Jul 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Planning to stop between Cheptsow/Monmouth - suggestions for scenery + quaint towns + any good reasonably priced lunches

Many thanks

2 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    • what to do with under 9 year olds

Corris Apr 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I am coming to corris next week with my family and plan on visiting king arthur's labyrinth, bard's quest, and corris slate mine. the slate mine is for the 9 plus year olds of our family, what can i do with my little ones while my husband take the big ones? i saw a picture of the small play ground area, but it looks tiny. are there any other parks in the area, walking trails, things geared towards little ones, etc.?

cheers!

2 Answers Apr 24, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Spending three hours.

Llandrindod Wells Jun 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I have three hours to kill in Llandrindod whilst waiting for a train. Any ideas what I can do to fill in my time which would include a spot of lunch.

Cheers,

Pete

3 Answers Jun 10, 2009 at 4:59 AM
    • amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Free things to do around Brecon - any suggestions?

Brecon Jun 20, 2008 at 11:39 PM

We are planning to stay in Brecon for 3-4 days in September and I was looking for suggestions of any 'free stuff' to do in the area. We will have a hire car and are quite keen to do some walking and love wildlife and country areas. We are travelling from Australia.

7 Answers Aug 11, 2008 at 11:51 AM
    • Book Festival

Hay-On-Wye Jan 24, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Has anyone been to the yearly Hay-on-Wye Book Festival? Is it strictly a "collectors only" way too expensive thing or can you find a wide variety of prices? Are there aother good thintgs to see or do in this area? We will be driving from the London area?

THnaks much for any help

5 Answers Jul 11, 2007 at 4:55 PM
    • Eleonoora's Profile Photo

Virtual travelling ;(((

Powys Dec 8, 2006 at 8:44 AM

Hi out there!
      I need help! How it is possible to surf the internet from your own home in this country? I nearly gave up to ever find a broadband provider in this country, who is able to connect me.
      At this point I really have to praise Finland!!!!

Thanks Marlene

6 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 2:06 AM
    • Walking in Brecon Beacon

Brecon Sep 19, 2006 at 4:55 AM

Can you advise me what is the best walk near Brecon? I am going to go to Brecon on the last weekend of September and I would like see sights of Brecon and go to half day walk, it would be best see some waterfall, lake and hills. What do you recommend me?
      Thank you

5 Answers Mar 28, 2007 at 6:24 AM

It's time ;)

Llanfyllin Aug 7, 2006 at 3:51 AM

Now it's time! Tomorrow I'm moving to Llanfyllin! When did I post my first question about it? Was it really March? This year?
      I can be quiet spontanious....

So all good wishes are appriciated and when you ever come to Llanfyllin ask for me and we might go for a beer at the Cross Keys. (Not Eleonoora - Marlene. Would really like to change my user name.)

Save journey to all of you.

7 Answers Aug 17, 2006 at 5:51 AM

local busses

Llanfyllin Apr 28, 2006 at 3:52 AM

I need timetables for the local busses in Powys and Denbighshire, in fact I need a connection from Llanfyllin to Carrog (Corwen). Does anyone know?
      The timetables I've found in the internet are a little bit confusing.
      Thanks for any tip.

16 Answers Apr 29, 2006 at 7:31 AM

local busses

Llanfyllin Apr 28, 2006 at 2:55 AM

I need timetables for the local busses in Powys and Denbighshire, in fact I need a connection from Llanfyllin to Carrog (Corwen). Does anyone know?
      The timetables I've found in the internet are a little bit confusing.
      Thanks for any tip.

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Gigrin Red Kite Farm

Powys Apr 8, 2006 at 11:15 PM

Has anyone been to the kite feeding at the Gigrin Farm? The farm seems to be very interesting, but getting there by bus from Brecon or Hay-on-Wye, watching the feeding and getting back will take a whole day of my precious time in Wales.I already had to cut short my holiday by a few days because of family and work obligations. There are so many interesting places, that I have a hard time deciding what to do and where to stay.
      Any information about the farm will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Apr 10, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Which bus stop in Brecon?

Brecon Mar 23, 2006 at 5:04 AM

I'm trying to figure out the best bus routes to Brecon on a weekend. On the route from Abergavenny the stop in Brecon is called Brecon Bulwark, on the route from Hereford via Hay-on-Wye it is called Brecon Square. Are they close to each other?

Thank you for any help.

9 Answers Mar 26, 2006 at 1:25 AM

Who knows?

Llanfyllin Mar 3, 2006 at 4:59 AM

I'm trying to find out how to get from London (Stanford) to Llanfyllin by bus.

22 Answers Mar 4, 2006 at 4:49 AM

Brecon Food Festival 2006

Brecon Jan 14, 2006 at 11:38 AM

I read about a Food Festival in Brecon end of September/beginning of October. When I googled for it, I found only references to previous festivals. Does anyone know the exact date for this year's? I'm planning a trip to Wales around this time and I'd be interested in going to the festival.
      Thank you in advance.

12 Answers Jan 22, 2006 at 10:28 AM
    • Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Camping!

Powys Mar 8, 2005 at 11:04 AM

I'm looking for some nice campsites for tents in Powys or around.. any idea?
      :)

1 Answer Mar 11, 2005 at 7:45 AM