Powys

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• snowdon today

Snowdonia Feb 23, 2015 at 12:38 AM

Hi again do you think it is safe to walk Snowdon today.

more
    • King_Golo's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Wales 20 hours ago

Hi,
      we'd love to visit Wales over Easter for a week and were wondering where to stay to make the most of it. Our idea is to see both the Brecon Beacons NP and the Pembrokeshire Coast NP, so we'd need accomodation close by. Ideally, there is some small picturesque village with a nice pub, lots of old houses, magnificent views and of course a cosy B&B. It's probably better to stay in both places for about three days each instead of choosing just one base - or is it? Our interests are hiking/walking, but we are also very likely to just drive around by car and discover the area. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
      Golo

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

Stay in or outside St Davids?

Wales Feb 8, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Hi. A friend and I want to visit Wales, including St Davids, and we don't plan to drive. Should we stay in St Davids itself - where central accommodation options seem quite limited - or is there a suitable place nearby on a railway line where we could stay overnight / eat and take a bus to St Davids? (We also plan to spend a few nights in Cardiff, Swansea and possibly Chepstow and do day trips by public transport). Any advice welcome. Thanks! L

more
    • visiting the brecon national park

Brecon Beacons Jun 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Hi everyone. I am planning to drive to the park but my friend is not really fit to walk. Can I drive in park to see something spectacular or do I have to leave car in car park.

3 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    • Best places to see

Brecon Beacons National Park Jul 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Planning to stop between Cheptsow/Monmouth - suggestions for scenery + quaint towns + any good reasonably priced lunches

Many thanks

2 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    • what to do with under 9 year olds

Corris Apr 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I am coming to corris next week with my family and plan on visiting king arthur's labyrinth, bard's quest, and corris slate mine. the slate mine is for the 9 plus year olds of our family, what can i do with my little ones while my husband take the big ones? i saw a picture of the small play ground area, but it looks tiny. are there any other parks in the area, walking trails, things geared towards little ones, etc.?

cheers!

2 Answers Apr 24, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Spending three hours.

Llandrindod Wells Jun 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I have three hours to kill in Llandrindod whilst waiting for a train. Any ideas what I can do to fill in my time which would include a spot of lunch.

Cheers,

Pete

3 Answers Jun 10, 2009 at 4:59 AM
    • amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Free things to do around Brecon - any suggestions?

Brecon Jun 20, 2008 at 11:39 PM

We are planning to stay in Brecon for 3-4 days in September and I was looking for suggestions of any 'free stuff' to do in the area. We will have a hire car and are quite keen to do some walking and love wildlife and country areas. We are travelling from Australia.

7 Answers Aug 11, 2008 at 11:51 AM
    • Book Festival

Hay-On-Wye Jan 24, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Has anyone been to the yearly Hay-on-Wye Book Festival? Is it strictly a "collectors only" way too expensive thing or can you find a wide variety of prices? Are there aother good thintgs to see or do in this area? We will be driving from the London area?

THnaks much for any help

5 Answers Jul 11, 2007 at 4:55 PM
    • Eleonoora's Profile Photo

Virtual travelling ;(((

Powys Dec 8, 2006 at 8:44 AM

Hi out there!
      I need help! How it is possible to surf the internet from your own home in this country? I nearly gave up to ever find a broadband provider in this country, who is able to connect me.
      At this point I really have to praise Finland!!!!

Thanks Marlene

6 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 2:06 AM
    • Walking in Brecon Beacon

Brecon Sep 19, 2006 at 4:55 AM

Can you advise me what is the best walk near Brecon? I am going to go to Brecon on the last weekend of September and I would like see sights of Brecon and go to half day walk, it would be best see some waterfall, lake and hills. What do you recommend me?
      Thank you

5 Answers Mar 28, 2007 at 6:24 AM

It's time ;)

Llanfyllin Aug 7, 2006 at 3:51 AM

Now it's time! Tomorrow I'm moving to Llanfyllin! When did I post my first question about it? Was it really March? This year?
      I can be quiet spontanious....

So all good wishes are appriciated and when you ever come to Llanfyllin ask for me and we might go for a beer at the Cross Keys. (Not Eleonoora - Marlene. Would really like to change my user name.)

Save journey to all of you.

7 Answers Aug 17, 2006 at 5:51 AM

local busses

Llanfyllin Apr 28, 2006 at 3:52 AM

I need timetables for the local busses in Powys and Denbighshire, in fact I need a connection from Llanfyllin to Carrog (Corwen). Does anyone know?
      The timetables I've found in the internet are a little bit confusing.
      Thanks for any tip.

16 Answers Apr 29, 2006 at 7:31 AM

local busses

Llanfyllin Apr 28, 2006 at 2:55 AM

I need timetables for the local busses in Powys and Denbighshire, in fact I need a connection from Llanfyllin to Carrog (Corwen). Does anyone know?
      The timetables I've found in the internet are a little bit confusing.
      Thanks for any tip.

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Gigrin Red Kite Farm

Powys Apr 8, 2006 at 11:15 PM

Has anyone been to the kite feeding at the Gigrin Farm? The farm seems to be very interesting, but getting there by bus from Brecon or Hay-on-Wye, watching the feeding and getting back will take a whole day of my precious time in Wales.I already had to cut short my holiday by a few days because of family and work obligations. There are so many interesting places, that I have a hard time deciding what to do and where to stay.
      Any information about the farm will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Apr 10, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Which bus stop in Brecon?

Brecon Mar 23, 2006 at 5:04 AM

I'm trying to figure out the best bus routes to Brecon on a weekend. On the route from Abergavenny the stop in Brecon is called Brecon Bulwark, on the route from Hereford via Hay-on-Wye it is called Brecon Square. Are they close to each other?

Thank you for any help.

9 Answers Mar 26, 2006 at 1:25 AM

Who knows?

Llanfyllin Mar 3, 2006 at 4:59 AM

I'm trying to find out how to get from London (Stanford) to Llanfyllin by bus.

22 Answers Mar 4, 2006 at 4:49 AM

Brecon Food Festival 2006

Brecon Jan 14, 2006 at 11:38 AM

I read about a Food Festival in Brecon end of September/beginning of October. When I googled for it, I found only references to previous festivals. Does anyone know the exact date for this year's? I'm planning a trip to Wales around this time and I'd be interested in going to the festival.
      Thank you in advance.

12 Answers Jan 22, 2006 at 10:28 AM
    • Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Camping!

Powys Mar 8, 2005 at 11:04 AM

I'm looking for some nice campsites for tents in Powys or around.. any idea?
      :)

1 Answer Mar 11, 2005 at 7:45 AM