Poulsbo Travel Answers

change location

Day trip from Seattle, request for general info

by LadyGallica Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 1:22 PM

I am planning a day trip to Poulsbo from Seattle in early fall 05. Any must see sights, places to eat, general info tips?? It would be nice to hear from anyone who lives there since I'm also thinking of a relocation to Puget Sound area. Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lizilex's Profile Photo

RE: Day trip from Seattle, request for general info

by lizilex Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 10:42 PM

Poulsbo styles itself a Norwegian village. Otherwise, it's basically an extremely socially conservative suburb of Seattle. It's primarily known for having the largest RV dealership in the Puget Sound area. If you are an older person looking to retire to a very quiet place with not much going on, you might like it. It's a very pretty area and generally quite safe -- less meth action I think than the in the south Sound, though I could be wrong on this. You will get more for your money (real estate/rentals) in Poulsbo than in Seattle or some of the other suburbs. If you are under 60, you will probably want to look at other options as far as relocating. If you have your heart set on an island suburb of Seattle, I suggest looking at Bainbridge instead of Poulsbo. That being said, if you are new to the area, it wouldn't hurt to spend a day checking it out. The only place I've ever eaten is the Kiana Lodge but I think that's just an event site for weddings, etc. There's info on Poulsbo at www.poulsbo.net. If you drive from Seattle, there's a really nice state park between Bainbridge adn Poulsbo:

parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?se...

Happy travels!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines