Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• T&THartin's Profile Photo

Eurovision final viewing in Potsdam

by T&THartin Online Now May 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Hi all,

I'd appreciate any advice on where to watch the final of the Eurovision song contest tomorrow evening (18th May). Are there any places (eg. cafe, sports bar, restaurant) in Potsdam which will be showing this event? We are visiting Potsdam this weekend and would love to get a glimpse of this year's final but the accommodation we'll be staying at doesn't have a TV... Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
      Tania

• ainsley_2003's Profile Photo

shopping

by ainsley_2003 Online Now Nov 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I will be in Potsdam only for a day and a half. I am very curious if anyone knows about how late the shops stay open in the dutch quarter? Also if anyone knows(just in general) how late the shops/restaurants stay open near Park Sanssouci? Thanks a lot!

4 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    • Traveling to Potsdam, Germany

by Irmini Online Now Mar 30, 2012 at 3:25 AM

I have to go from Schönefeld airport, the new Berlin Brandenburg International Airport (BBI), to Potsdam, in Germany.

Could you please suggest some public transportation ways and their approximate costs how to get there?

Thanking you in advance :)

4 Answers Mar 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    • potsdam in january

by fawx Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Hi
      I would be travelling to berlin in january. I would like to visit potsdam but is it worth in jan? Would there be trams and busses in winter also? As far as I have seen all the tours are scheduled only between april and october.

2 Answers Jan 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    • Benegan's Profile Photo

Potsdam by bike tour...

by Benegan Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Hi!

I was hoping that someone might have a recommendation for a good bike tour company in Potsdam? Is biking a good way to see the city in a day? Would renting bikes and touring around on our own make good sense as another option?

Thanks for any help! - Megan

1 Answer Apr 22, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    • PALLINA's Profile Photo

Visit Potsdam from Berlin

by PALLINA Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 6:24 AM

Hi! I am probably visiting Postday with a one day trip from Berlin on Aug 31. I think the easiest way is to take the train to Potsdam Hauptbahnhof. Does the same train stop also in Potsdam Sanssouci Bahnhof? Otherwise, is there any public transportation from Potsdam Hauptbahnhof to the biggest attractions?

3 Answers Aug 15, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    • robbye77's Profile Photo

From Postdam to Schoenefeld Airport

by robbye77 Online Now Jun 25, 2008 at 5:51 AM

Hi, is there somebody have suggestion to how to go from Postdam to Schoenefeld airport with public transportation? Consider I've got the check-in at 5.30am. I thought to rent a car for 1 day, but maybe it could be cheaper a taxi? Anybody know how much could be a taxi ride?
      Thanks to all!
      Roberto

1 Answer Jun 25, 2008 at 9:55 AM
    • things to do and parking

by mjfeaster Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 3:05 AM

Hi,
      We will be there for one day only. Any suggestions on what to do? Also, we will have our own car...how is the public parking?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 21, 2008 at 12:32 PM
    • vigi's Profile Photo

Public Swimming Pool in Potsdam

by vigi Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Anyone know the opening hour and prices for the public swimming pool?
      I think there's one next to the Central Station (Potsdam Hbf), is it right?

Danke,
      Vigi

1 Answer Oct 24, 2006 at 1:10 PM
    • vigi's Profile Photo

Public Swimming Pool on Potsdam

by vigi Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Anyone know the opening hour and prices for the public swimming pool?
      I think there's one next to the Central Station (Potsdam Hbf), is it right?

Danke,
      Vigi

• any info about san soucci

by sylvie17319 Online Now Jul 10, 2006 at 11:48 AM

I would like to know how to book tickets for the palace ?
      Also if I can recieve theme outside of gemany?

1 Answer Jul 10, 2006 at 1:36 PM
    • mitchimitch's Profile Photo

from Tegel Airport to Potsdam

by mitchimitch Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 1:54 PM

Hiya!

What's the quickest way to get to Potsdam from the Belin Tegel Airport? Is it possible to get there without having to pass through Berlin?

Appreciate your tips!

Cheers,
      Michelle

1 Answer Feb 3, 2006 at 2:21 PM
    • Graceful's Profile Photo

Potsdam queries

by Graceful Online Now Nov 12, 2005 at 8:10 PM

Hey VT Forums, Long time no see!

Well, here's my newest travel conundrum; I'll be visiting Potsdam and Berlin next weekend (mostly Potsdam, as thats where my friend/SO/whatever we are... is living at the moment) and i have a few questions:

I am flying into Schönfeld airport, arriving at around 16:15...
      1) how strict are Schengen area customs and how long will it take me to get to the bus stop?
      2) can anyone comment on Easyjet's punctuality? and their weight limit? (I've had lots of luck with Ryanair... even if i was over, they would still send my bag through)

various VBB Info
      3)will it be easier for me to get to Potsdam by train and then bus or take the bus directly?
      4) will an Italian University student qualify for the student discount (7day ticket) or price reduction on the daily ticket? I need the Potsdam ABC fare, and am trying to see which option will end up being cheaper. Also, this one ticket (Potsdam ABC) will be good for getting around Potsdam AND Berlin, correct?

5) Gerrem wrote about Potsdam Castle Night in the Sansousci gardens; anyone know when this event occurs?
      (link Potsdam Nightlife )

5) any packing tips (besides gloves, scarves, and a really warm coat as said by my host)?

6) heard about boat rides on the lakes; can anyone give me any more information on those (or link me to where i could get more information)?

Danke Schoen!

some things i want to see (my own random notes... if you have something special to add; feel free to add anything)
      Glienicker Bridge/Bridge of Unity
      Chinese Teahouse
      Steam House

1 Answer Nov 13, 2005 at 1:28 PM
    • Potsdam

by jecika Online Now Mar 3, 2004 at 5:41 PM

Can someone tell me how far Bergholz-Rehbrucke is from Potsdam?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2004 at 10:26 AM