Potsdam Travel Answers

change location

potsdam in january

by fawx Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Hi
I would be travelling to berlin in january. I would like to visit potsdam but is it worth in jan? Would there be trams and busses in winter also? As far as I have seen all the tours are scheduled only between april and october.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: potsdam in january

by Kathrin_E Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Potsdam is a city of 150,000 inhabitants and the capital of the federal state of Brandenburg. Public transport and everything else that is part of daily life runs equally all year round.

The city and its sights and the palaces are of course worth visiting any time. The parks have no leaves and no flowers but if you catch a sunny winter's day they are still impressive. Bare trees mean a better view of the buildings and betetr photo options, after all. And there will be hardly any crowds.

The website of Potsdam tourist office has all the detailed information, there you can check opening hours and everything individually for each of the attractions you intend to visit:
    potsdam-tourism.com/highligh... (copy&paste this as VT forum does not do clickable links)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Turtleshell's Profile Photo

Re: potsdam in january

by Turtleshell Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

The only caveatwould be that the statues standig outside are protected against the winter with wooden structures.
    Besides, Potsdam, as mentioned above, is more than Sanssouci castle. There is the Dutch Quarter, Cecilienhof, Marmorpalais, Pfaueninsel, Belvedere - among other things.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines