Hey VT Forums, Long time no see!
Well, here's my newest travel conundrum; I'll be visiting Potsdam and Berlin next weekend (mostly Potsdam, as thats where my friend/SO/whatever we are... is living at the moment) and i have a few questions:
I am flying into Schönfeld airport, arriving at around 16:15...
1) how strict are Schengen area customs and how long will it take me to get to the bus stop?
2) can anyone comment on Easyjet's punctuality? and their weight limit? (I've had lots of luck with Ryanair... even if i was over, they would still send my bag through)
various VBB Info
3)will it be easier for me to get to Potsdam by train and then bus or take the bus directly?
4) will an Italian University student qualify for the student discount (7day ticket) or price reduction on the daily ticket? I need the Potsdam ABC fare, and am trying to see which option will end up being cheaper. Also, this one ticket (Potsdam ABC) will be good for getting around Potsdam AND Berlin, correct?
5) Gerrem wrote about Potsdam Castle Night in the Sansousci gardens; anyone know when this event occurs?
(link Potsdam Nightlife )
5) any packing tips (besides gloves, scarves, and a really warm coat as said by my host)?
6) heard about boat rides on the lakes; can anyone give me any more information on those (or link me to where i could get more information)?
some things i want to see (my own random notes... if you have something special to add; feel free to add anything)
Glienicker Bridge/Bridge of Unity
1. Italy to Berlin is an inner EU and inner Schengen flight.
No customs. No passport controls (by immigration).
Schönefeld Airport map
3. BVG timetable
Just do what the timetable suggests. Fastest are direct RB trains from the airport to Potsdam via Caputh (i.e. not via Berlin) as this is the shortest route. But service is not that frequent.
Keep in mind that you can only use S-Bahn and RB and RE train with a BVG/VBB ticket. Not far distance trains like IR, IC/EC and ICE.
> will an Italian University student qualify for the student discount
NO. There are no student accounts at all. Students at one of the Berlin university receive automatically a Semester-Ticket when enrolling at the university which is valid one term.
> Also, this one ticket (Potsdam ABC) will be good for getting around Potsdam AND Berlin, correct?
NO. You need a Berlin ABC ticket. This ticket covers also Potsdam. A Potsdam ABC ticket covers NOT Berlin.
I guess there will be only a limited service in November.
Be the first to rate this answer!