Potrero

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ojochal? Thoughts on this area?

Costa Rica Yesterday

Hi. I am planning on a possible vacation to CR. I am a seasoned traveler, but have never been to CR. Thinandking about going around early July. I know it is the green season, but do not mind some rain. I heard it is actually prettier during the green season because dry season foliage and flowers are not as beautiful and can be a bit dusty from the dirt roads. I do understand that Oct/Nov are extremely wet though. My question is, can you give me information on the town of Ojochar? Have not seen much on this particular small town. I know it is in the area of Osa peninsula. Is this a nice area? Want to be near a nice beach, see the whales, monkeys, birds, sloths, water falls. One thing though, I am claustrophobic and as I get older I guess the worst it gets. Found that out last spring hiking in the Shenandoah Valley, major panic attack. So, any tours to see such things that do not make you go to deep into the jungle, maybe wider trails? Probably would do OK on horse back with the trails. Horses have a way of calming me and I have never had a problem riding trails. I have heard there are some nice restaurants in the area, Citrus, Exotica. Like to be in an area with a local feel, not touristy. I have looked at places in the area, and think I have my mind set on this rental. One reason why I was drawn to this area. A very beautiful place at a good price. Here is a link. Please let me know if you have ever heard of it. Found it through Home Away which I use a lot. Thanks in advance.

homeaway.com/vacation-rental...

more
    • godsonlyson

Cartago Jul 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I am planning a trip to cartago soon to visit a girl I met on the internet and I would like to plan a somewhat romantic couple of days.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Bus Transportation

Costa Rica Aug 15, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I will be staying in Tamarindo for 46 days in January and February of 2015 and would like to know the most economical way to get to Panama City for a few days. Specifically round trip by bus. And how long such a journey would take.

more
    • Driving in Costa Rica

Costa Rica Aug 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I'm planning to spend Thanksgiving week with my two adult children visiting Arenal and Guanacaste arriving in Liberia. How easy/safe is it to rent a car, how are the road conditions and directions?

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Snorkling and jungle walks/tours

Costa Rica Aug 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi, Never been to Costa Rica, but I have a work trip in early December in San Jose, so I need to take advantage and make it fun while I am there. I will take 3-5 days and would love to be able to find a great snorkeling/diving area, that is also adjacent to jungle exploration of some sort. So my question to the experts is if such an area exists? I will rent a car out of San Jose, and I guess I can get to either coast. Jaco was recommended to me for the easiest place to get to, can I get beach and jungle here? And other suggestions for a good area for this?
      Thanks!
      Rich.

more
    • Places to visit

Costa Rica Aug 2, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I'll be in Costa Rica for Thanksgiving week with my adult children. I'm more of a nature kind of person. I'll have a rental car to drive around. Flying into Liberia from the U.S. is much more expensive than San Jose but for some reason, that seems to be a better choice. What do you suggest we go visit? I've looked into Arenal and Guanaste. Thank you

more
    • nyceagle1633's Profile Photo

What to do near and around Liberia

Costa Rica Aug 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM

October...staying 10 days, want to go relax at natural hot springs, beach, eco things...what to do, please recommend town, beach...cute quiet hotels...need to relax.

more