Postojna

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fresh fruit and vegetables in kranjska gora

Kranjska Gora 2 hours ago

my son and partner are travelling in Kranjska Gora and are not use to the rich food is there anywhere that sells fresh fruit and vegetables, like markets or organic green grocer or awesome restaurant (supermarket can be a little hit and miss)
      thankyou
      kind regards
      Tracey

more
    • Bicycles on tram from Trieste to Villa Opicina

Slovenia May 4, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Would it be possible to take our bicycles on the historic tram that runs from Trieste Piazza Oberdan tram terminus to Villa Opicina tram terminus?

more
    • I want to visit Bled Lake, Bled Castle and Skocjan

Slovenia May 15, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Hello I'll be in Solvenia for 2 days. I will visit Ljubljana the first day. I've made a lot of research and I think it is possible, on the second day: to visit Bled Lake, Castle and Skocjan and back to Ljubljana in the evening.

I dont want to rent a car, so this is not an option and I will not change my mind about that. I have not found any tour company offering such a journey. Either they offer Lipica + Skockjan OR Bled + Postjana.

I think it is feasible on one day, but not using public transportation. Any ideas? Can you recommend me private transportation at a reasonnable cost? Thanks !!!

Anybody help me?

more
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

Slovenia Trip From Italy : To Italy

Ljubljana May 1, 2015 at 11:04 PM

We are landing in Venice a Team of 5 Adults and an infant (6 in total) in September 2015

The itinerary is Venice , Ljubliana, Plitvice national pakrk ( croatia) and any one of the coastal towns of Piran / Trieste, Rovinj and then return to Venice. to Venice

Within Slovenia / Croatia, we plan to hire a car. So we need to reach Slovenia from Italy, pick up our car  and also drop the car off somewhere in Slovenia before we travel back to Venice.

Can anyone suggest an Itinerary ?

Constraints : We need at 7 seater probably ( will it be ok if we travel in a 5 seater) and so we need to land in Slovenia at a city which is fairly big and has got good rental options. We plan to fly back from Venice.

Advice needed and appreciated !!!

more
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

How to Split 5 days

Ljubljana Apr 29, 2015 at 8:14 AM

My travel plan has 5 days for these three places.
      Ljubljana
      Lake Bled
      Kranjska gora
      I wld like to visit the stalactite cave too
      Can anyone suggest me how to split?

more
    • newwanderer's Profile Photo

traveling alone

Slovenia Apr 25, 2015 at 4:36 PM

I will be in Slovenai in October for at least ten days. Will I be comfortable traveling alone throughout Slovenia?
      Also, are there any VT'ers from Slovenia?

more
    • gwn_joelle's Profile Photo

What to visit in Ljubljana?

Ljubljana May 7, 2015 at 2:18 PM

I wanna visit Ljubljana, what should I definitely visit? I will probably stay for 2 or 3 days

more
    • Travelling with a Baby

by rema84 Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Hi,
      My family and I will be in Slovenia for a week and we want to see Ljubljana, Bled and Postojna. Could you advise whether it would be best to do day trips from Ljubljana or spend 2 days in each of these places. What would be the best way to get to these places? I have been reading up and it seems the bus is the best. We are travelling with a 4mth old baby as well. Would it be alright to take her to Postojna?

3 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 1:26 AM
    • salamanders?

by NinaJay Online Now Mar 6, 2009 at 10:44 AM

how large/many are the slamanders at the postojna cave? are they generally grouped in sections/can they be avoided? i have a bit of a phobia.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    • Accomodation request in-near Postojna

by langercs Online Now Jun 12, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Vox Human Chamber Choir need accomodation for 30 persons, with own tents, for 1 night on 10/07/2007-11/07/2007, with 1 bus.
      Best regards

• XtravelloverX's Profile Photo

Venice to Postojna via train in a day...?

by XtravelloverX Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 3:03 PM

Hi again, I went to http://www.trenitalia.com/ and found that a train runs at 9am, gets in to Postojna at noon, and a return train to Venice leaves at 5pm. So, this is about 4 hours or so to tour the caves and castle. Is this enough time? Is the train station in Postojna near the two sites? Also, I was not able to purchase the tickets online, would it be reasonable to purchase them the day of departure? Any idea how much the price is? Thanks again! :) Dawn

8 Answers Feb 24, 2005 at 5:48 AM
    • XtravelloverX's Profile Photo

Venice to Postojna, Slovenia in a day, is this possible?

by XtravelloverX Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 6:13 PM

Hi there, We are in Venice for nearly five days and I have always wanted to view the Postojna Castle and see the cave. :) Is it possible to take a train to/from Postojna, from Venice, in a day? Or could we rent a car and go there and back in a day? Approximately, how long is the journey? Thanks, in advance. Happy travels, Dawn

• Camping Postojna

by iglooo Online Now Jul 13, 2004 at 12:39 PM

Hi, I am intending to visit Postojna and am planning to camp at Pivka jame campsite. The only problem is I can't find any directions to it on there website. Does anyone know how to get there? Is it easy to find? Also am I likely to need to book, I have a very small 2 man tent with just me sleeping in it. I would also like to visit the Skocjan Caves as I have heard they are more interesting and less touristy than the Postojna ones. How would I get ther from Postojna? Is there anywhere near by to camp or anywhere cheap to stay (3500 SIT/£10/$19/15euro)? I don't mind walking up to 4 mile/6.5km for accomodation. Is there anything else in the area I should visit? (The Castle is already on my list) Thanks for any help, Lorna

2 Answers Jul 14, 2004 at 3:02 AM