Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel from Rome to Positano

by travelprime Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Is there a ferry from Rome to Positano?

13 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • Getting to Positano from Naples

by ceejayhay Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Has anyone used Astarita car service from Naples to Positano??

2 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • easiest way to get from Rome to Positano?

by stella47 Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 9:56 AM

What is the easiest/fastest way to get from Rome to Positano?

8 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • Hotel accommodation with a pool

by mwood58 Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM

We would like to stay in a 4* hotel with a pool close to the beach/shops on Positano any suggestions would be appreciated :)

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 3:16 AM
    • Jerryd57's Profile Photo

Where to Stay on the Amalfi Coast, Positano, Sorrento, Etc.

by Jerryd57 Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM

We are planning traveling along the Amalfi Coast for 4 nights the end of April this year. We fly out of Naples. We'll be coming from the south through Salerno and wonder which town and hotels or B&Bs to stay at that offer good views and location at a reasonable cost. We'll be driving our own car so parking may be an issue too. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

6 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • My Wife has a phobia about cats

by mgibbons Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM

My Wife has a phobia about cats is positano the place to stay or would another location on the Amalfi coast be better ?

7 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    • decorative positano limoncello

by mln5668 Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Where I can find a local vendor to ship such a bottle of limoncello?

Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    • Travel Praiano / Positano during May

by WayneHartmann Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM

We are debating where to stay next May...one view is Positano because transport options are better, especially water options. View 2 is Praiano because it is cheaper and quieter. This means we would have to travel to Positano and then do water transfers from there. We are thinking water because the busses are supposedly hectic...is this so in May? What advice?

1 Answer Oct 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    • Rome to Pompeii to Positano in a day?

by italynov2013 Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Is leaving Rome early in the morning for a 1/2 day in Pompeii on the way to two nights in Positano "doable"?

7 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    • location of villa in positano

by justkit Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM

looking for street address of villa LaPistrice....thank you

6 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    • positano shop

by terrileja Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM

phone number for store called idillio...across from le sireneuse hotel

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    • Route

by RodHemphill Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I want to travel by road from Postani to Raguso - any suggestions as to accomodation things to do etc

• is a daytrip Rome- Positano possible?

by Santouta Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Hello,
      i wanted to organize a special day for me and my boyfriend by going to Positano for a day (next Saturday) would it be possible to go and come back the same day? is it doable? and what is the best way to go? i am a bit hesitant as it takes so much time to reach there. Thank you for your help.

6 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    • Walk from Positano to Sorrento

by MinnieMousey Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Has anyone done the walk from Positano to Sorrento? If so, how long, how difficult, and where did you start from?
      Thank you.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    • savvysarah's Profile Photo

getting from Positano to Civitavecchia Port

by savvysarah Online Now May 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Want to know how best to get from Positano in the morning to the Port of Civitavecchia by early afternoon June 5th.

3 Answers May 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    • Memorial

by Smdeblanc Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Hi. I have a family member who was very recently widowed. She and her husband traveled to Italy frequently and they loved Posantino. He was cremated and she wants to scatter his ashes there. I will not be able to travel with her but I would love to have a gift available for her when she arrives to the special place. Some kind of memorial stone or possibly a tree planted in his memory. Also, he was an extreme wine enthusiast. Is there a way to have a special wine made in his name or a vinyard named after him?
      Please help.
      Thank you

1 Answer Mar 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • Transport

by Kazu1 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Could you please tell me the different ways to get from Naples train station to Positano.

Thank you for your assistance

2 Answers Feb 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    • Amalfi and surrounding area

by Secret.garden Online Now Oct 7, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Myhusband and I are planning a 7 night trip from 2nd to 9th July 2013. We have always wanted to go to Amalfi and our trip is for our 50th birthdays so want it be memorable. We are happy to spend time in different areas such as sorrento, , positano, amalfi etc but need so advise.

6 Answers Oct 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    • Return from Positano to Naples airport

by annielr Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Hi! Please suggest different means of travel (either/or taxi, bus ,train etc) to return to Naples airport from Positano.
      We fly out on 19 Sept at 12:25pm from Naples and would like to still spend the night of 18 Sept in Positano.

4 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 7:06 AM
    • ventimiglia to Positano

by early42 Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get from ventimiglia to Positano by train. I know there is not a train station in Positano itself, but to the nearest one. I will be staying near Nice and it is easy to get to ventimiglia. Any idea of how long it takes.

9 Answers Aug 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    • RhondaJ4's Profile Photo

positano for next year

by RhondaJ4 Online Now Aug 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM

we are starting to plan our trip for our 30th wedding anniversary. we want to go to positano for a week. any suggestions for bed and breakfasts or not too exspensive hotels. we looked at la fenice is that nice? we are looking for october.

thanks
      rhonda

16 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    • SelinaB's Profile Photo

travelling around

by SelinaB Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I am spending one night in sorrento, 2 night in Positano and 1 night in capri. Could anyone suggest how should I travel between these cities (I am arriving in Naples). Are there any buses that will take me around the amalfi coast from positano
      thanks
      Selina

6 Answers Jul 18, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    • Vow Renewal in Positano

by Sarita50 Online Now Jul 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Buon giorno, my husband and I will be visiting Positano in September for two days, the 17th and 18th. We want to have a simple vow renewal ceremony and are looking for a local person that is willing to assist us with some simple arrangements. We've contacted some of the wedding planners listed on various websites but they are too expensive for what we want. We would like a beautiful outside location overlooking the sea, simple flowers for both, someone to perform the ceremony and a few pictures to remember the event. We will be staying at the Hotel Pasitea. If you or someone you know is interested in helping us plan this small, but special event, please reply. We are willing to pay a moderate fee.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 5:41 AM
    • pianotuner's Profile Photo

Planning two weeks in Amalfi and Sicily

by pianotuner Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Five adults are planning a car trip from the Rome airport to spend roughly a week each on the Amalfi Coast and on the island of Sicily. We contemplate May 2013. Would it be best to pick two villas, one for each week, and be based at these? Or would it be better to pick two towns each on the southern coast and Sicily and do it that way? We don't want to be forever packing and unpacking. We do NOT want to be in fourteen different lodgings on fourteen nights!
      None of our party have been to these parts of Italy and we want to have a wonderful, relaxed time! We assume we will be renting a very large car since we have five adults and their luggage. We have driven in Italy before...Any advice from experienced travelers will be greatly welcomed! Thanks!

10 Answers Jun 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    • Day trips from Positano

by sansys Online Now May 15, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Hello All
      Just hoping few folks can steer us to some great day trips from positano
      My partner and I will be there in Mid July and staying at the Casa Teresa
      Thanks
      Andy

5 Answers May 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    • assistance with renewing our vows

by Sarita50 Online Now May 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM

My husband and I will be visiting Italy in September. We're staying in Rome but will visit Positano for 2 days. We've been married 21 years and would love to renew our vows. We're looking for someone local who can make some small arrangements for us for a reasonable compensation. We just want an area overlooking the water reserved, someone to perform the ceremony, a small floral bouquet and boutonniere, and several pictures taken by the same individual. This will be something very simple but we want it to be nice. Thank you for any assistance.

• Positano soon

by hlywuud Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM

My wife and I are heading to Positano on our honeymoon next week from Rome. We are taking a train from Rome to Naples. Then we are renting a car and driving to Pompeii. After spending the day there, I am debating a few things:

1.) Can I make that journey from Pompeii to Positano in one day after spending the whole day traveling and touring?

2.) If so, is it safer and less scary approaching from the North (Sorrento) or from the South (Vietri sul Mare)?

3.) If it is not a good idea to make it, should we stay in Vietri sul Mare, which is to the South of Positano, so that we can drive up the coast in the a.m.?

What do you think?

4 Answers May 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    • Restaurant suggestions for a special meal, please help

by lavieenrose Online Now Apr 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM

We went to Positano 5 years ago for my birthday and fell in love with the area. We said that when we renewed our wedding vows, we would return. So, we will be renewing our vows for our 10th wedding anniversary in September.

We are looking for a restaurant to have our "reception" after the ceremony at Santa Maria Assunta Church. We will have a very small group - less than 10 people. It will be a lunch time affair as the ceremony is a morning one.

On our wish list is:
      Good food with a variety as my mother doesn't eat seafood
      Great atmosphere
      Somewhere that feels like Positano - bougainvillea growing either on the terrace or above us, somewhere higher up, great view of Positano - that sort of thing
      Somewhere that will provide a wedding atmosphere - flowers and/or tulle on the terrace/balcony, a wedding cake, music that sort of thing.

We have no problems being in a restaurant with other diners.

Has anyone had or been to a small wedding reception at La Sponda or Caffe Positano for example. What was it like? Do either of those provide what we're looking for?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 5:45 AM
    • nightlife positano

by ldadamo Online Now Mar 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM

we visited positano as children and now we are going back in our late teens and early
      twenties. is there any night life /night clubs fir this age group?

5 Answers Mar 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    • Lifecoach1986's Profile Photo

Day in Positano

by Lifecoach1986 Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Good day, we will be staying in the Sorrento area the first week of April and are planning our stay. We are thinking about taking the bus trip up the coast and spending the day in Positano. Could you please give us an idea of what there would be to do for the day and do you have any idea what the bus schedule is. Thank you

1 Answer Mar 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM