Positano Travel Answers

change location

Naples air port to Positano on May 25th

by EBUZZELLI Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Is there a way to access the bus schedule from the airport in Naples to Positano on May 25? Can I get a bus from the airport? How long does the ride take? How crowded are the buses? Do I need tickets in advance?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Naples air port to Positano on May 25th

by leics Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I do not think there is a direct Naples airport>Positano bus.

The Curreri bus service from the airport>Sorrento is excellent. The bus stops directly opposite Arrivals (slightly to your left, you can't miss it) and is timed to fit with flight schedules.

Journey time to Sorrento is around an hour. You can pay the driver (which should be fine on May 25th) or, if you prefer, you can book online in advance on

curreriviaggi.it/inglese/E_i...

I have not found the bus to be crowded when I have used it but I have always visited out of season. Even then it has been quite full on occasion. No standing is allowed.

The Curreri bus terminates outside Sorrento Circumvesuviana station.

From Sorrento you can then take the Sita bus along the coast road to Positano. This bus starts from outside the Sorrento Circumvesuviaa station and oyu can buy your tickets from the newsagent at the station entrance. Timetabls here, under quadro 14/15:

sitabus.it/wps/portal/OrariC...

Alternatively, if you don't want to book online and find the Curreri bus is full (unlikely imo) you can just get an ordinary bus to Napoli Centrale station, then take the cheap, frequent Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento. Fare will be less than 5 euro. Then you can catch the Sita bus onwards to Positano.

Circumvesuviana timetables here:

http://www.vesuviana.it/web/en

Absolutely no need to buy tickets online in advance, and you can't anway!

Alternatively, you could take a taxi from Sorrento to Positano, but this will not be a cheap option. Taxis from Naples airport to Sorrento are 100+ euro, and Positano is another 30+ minutes' drive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines