Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel Helsinki

Helsinki 46 minutes ago

Hi
      What do you know about hotel KlausK ?

more
    • Is it safe to swim in the lakes of Nuuksio National park?

Nuuksio Jul 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hello, I would like to know is there are safe places in Nuuksio national park to swim in.
      I will go to Nuuksio National park in the following days and since it will be very warm I would like to swim in a lake like Nuuksion pitkajärvi or Holma - Saarijärvi.
      I will go alone in the park but I am a bit worried because most of the lakes are swampy:
      are there dangerous snakes there? weeds?
      Also I am a bit worried about the pollution:
      The water is turbid and it is difficult to guess the depth of the lake and I'm afraid that there are currents that pull me down.
      Anyway I never swam in a lake and I am quite worried about a lot of things.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT IS SAFE TO SWIM IN THE LAKES OF NUUKSIO NATIONAL PARK AND, IF YES, WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION?

more
    • transportation to kummakivi-balancing-rock

Imatra Jul 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hi, I would love to visit the kummakivi-balancing-rock. From the map, seems like Imatra is the nearest train station. Is there any other transport I could get there besides renting a car?
      Will be travelling during Dec 2014.

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Transportation and price details

Helsinki Jun 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,
      I would be in Helsinki for 1 day and it is my second visit.I would like to go to Suomenlinna and Porvoo.
      How can I go,how long does it take to go and what it nearly costs?
      As I willhave limited time all your advice will be great help to me while maiking programme.
      Thanks and regards

more
    • biking route Porvoo to/from Helsinki

by tonyheli Online Now Mar 5, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Could someone reply and give me a direction of biking route from Porvoo to Helsinki, better with the route map? Please reply to my email: tonyheli@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
      Tony

2 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    • Antique Shops

by evansbrown Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 8:17 PM

I was recently in Porvoo and saw a lovely porcelain figure of a dog and duck in the window of one of the antique shops. The figure was about 250 Euro so I decided not to pursue the purchase at that time. Having returned home to Australia I've now decided I'd like to find out more about the piece - its makers and age. Is there a listing of the antique shops in Porvoo so I can email each shop in a bid to track down the piece? The shop was in the old town - there were several shops in a row and it was the second I think.
      Any assistance would be appreciated.
      Loved Porvoo and Helsinki by the way...
      Regards, Debra

3 Answers Sep 23, 2007 at 10:28 PM
    • cloudberry's Profile Photo

ATT: Porvoo Cathedral partly destroyed in fire this morning

by cloudberry Online Now May 29, 2006 at 12:08 AM

I didn't find any English site for this but here is one in Finnish

hs.fi/kotimaa/artikkeli/Porv...

So, visting the cathedral might be quite limited this summer :(

1 Answer May 29, 2006 at 1:07 AM
    • Outboard's Profile Photo

Porvoo outboard motor museum

by Outboard Online Now May 24, 2006 at 2:02 PM

Hi, I would like to visit to Porvoo outboard museum. Is anyone who visited to this museum and can tell me more information?
      Olga

5 Answers May 30, 2006 at 9:36 AM
    • Chocaholic-Steve's Profile Photo

Chocolate to Die For!

by Chocaholic-Steve Online Now Apr 15, 2006 at 2:11 PM

Last Summer, I stumbled into the Brumberg Chocolate Store in Provoo, Finland and was invited to "sample" as many pieces as I wished. Thus began a fantasy in the world of chocolate that continues to enchant (preoccupy) my being to this very day. After eating the better part of a pound of chocolate, I purchased about 25 pounds of various flavors of the stuff, thinking it would be enough to last at least 5 years. It didn't. I exhausted my entire supply of Brumberg Chocolate in less than 6 months. But not to worry; I'll simply order another 20 or 30 pounds by mail or online. Wrong again. It seems that Brumberg does not (cannot?) ship their product outside of Finland. Hence, my question: IS THERE ANYONE WHO LIVES IN PORVOO (OR IS PLANNING TO GO TO THAT CITY IN THE NEAR FUTURE) WHO WOULD BE WILLING TO PURCHASE BRUMBERG CHOCOLATES ON MY BEHALF AND THEN SHIP THEM TO ME IN FLORIDA? IF SO, PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS SO WE CAN WORK OUT THE DETAILS. I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO COMPENSATE ANYONE WILLING TO HELP ME SATISFY MY HOPELESS ADDICTION TO BRUMBERG CHOCOLATE!

4 Answers Aug 25, 2007 at 8:52 AM
    • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Porvoo this Saturday

by Gili_S Online Now May 29, 2003 at 2:08 PM

I’m planning to visit Porvoo again this Saturday, anyone from around here in Helsinki who wants to join my kids & me? I have 2 seats still available in my car.

29 Answers Apr 15, 2006 at 2:26 PM