change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MariaNunes's Profile Photo

trekking in Flores Island (Açores)

Ilha das Flores Apr 29, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Is it ok to go on trekking on the Flores Island just by yourself (we are 2 friends) or is it advisable to go on with organized programs (if there are any)?

more
    • help needed to create best hen do

Albufeira Apr 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM

We are going on hen do I'm wanting to know if anyone can recommend male strip clubs things to do etc

more
    • marca's Profile Photo

Getting from Estremoz to Lisbon

Estremoz Apr 14, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Is there a rail station in Estremoz? I am having difficulty finding Estremoz as a station on the EuroRailway web site.

more
    • Upmarket bars

Porto May 2, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Can anyone recommend a nice upmarket bar/restaurant to celebrate my 40th birthday? thanks

more
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Taxis numbers

Ilha de Tavira Apr 27, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Anyone got a taxi number they'd recommend in Cabanas de Tavira. Also, any idea the cost of taxi to/from Tavira to Cabanas?

Cheers

more
    • Boat tour to see fireworks St. John festival

Porto Apr 9, 2015 at 8:16 AM

We are spending three days on ave. dos aliados area for St. John festival. My husband is somewhat limited in walking for hours and hours. We have heard there are boats you can go on to watch the fireworks that night. Can you suggest companies or where to obtain information so we can make a reservation. Thank you. ALSO any information on things we MUST SEE AND DO

more
    • EllenH's Profile Photo

I read hours of questions and answers, thanks Claus.

Portugal May 3, 2015 at 8:48 PM

flying into Porto from ponta Delgado and out of Lisbon. I already have the last 3 nights booked in Lisbon at grapes and bites ( pretty excited) planning on a couple nights in Porto. have books, have internet, have info on Douro valley stuff, but not sure how to spend those days in between. no car here, have one for five days on sau Miguel. I really do not think after the Azores we need beach stuff. (we tend to like the warm water anyway) wine and port, well yes. history and ruins, yes. beautiful scenery..yes. organized tours not so much unless very low key. Anthony bourdain about to come on tv on Lisbon! yes I know 1000 people have pages on Portugal. most of all vt pages are boring facts I can get out of a book. I am sure there are great ones but not necessarily the top ones or what I want.the questions actually gave me the most honest answers.

more
    • Public transport to Lagoa do Fogo

Ponta Delgada Apr 25, 2015 at 3:22 AM

Hello,

We (2 people in their 20s) will be going to Sao Miguel in a week. We don't have a driving license and want to use public transport as much as possible. I found a lot of interesting places on the bus map but there is one place I can't find - the Lagoa do Fogo. Is there a bus stop within walking distance to it? Even if we have to walk 1 hour that would still bring us closer.

We will staying at the Bahia Palace in Agua Alta. I read that there's a hiking trail from the hotel to Lagoa do Fogo from there but it takes 4 hours.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

more
    • Transport in Quiaios

Quiaios Apr 22, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Is there a bus service between Quiaios and Figueira de Foz?

more
    • Boat trip options from Regua to Porto?

Peso da Régua Apr 7, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,
      As the organizer of a small family reunion trip (9 people; all around sixty years) I was thinking of planning a trip on Wednesday 22 April. Leaving Porto in the morning by train we would arrive late morning in Regua. We would like to travel back by boat - preferably a small /private boat - to Porto. Is this a good plan? What are the options and costs?
      Your help would be very much appreciated. Kindest regard, Joseph.

more
    • Interesting places in Lisbon

Lisbon 16 hours ago

Hello all!
      My name is Irina Kostareva, I'm editor of the Russian travel magazine "Afisha World". Now we are making a list of interesting places in Lisbon from locals. I think you have a favorite place in the city. Could you tell me about only one your favorite place in Lisbon? I need some places (one place from one person) as museums, shops, cafes, parks…

more
    • deemoss's Profile Photo

crossing the Douro

Porto Apr 14, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Can you advise please how much it cost to use the boat to cross from Vila nova de Gaia, can you buy it combined with bus passes?

thanks in Advance!
      Pode informar agradar quanto custou para usar o barco para atravessar de Vila Nova de Gaia , você pode comprá-lo combinado com passes de ônibus ?

desde já, obrigado!

more
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Stairs going from airport to train station

Porto Apr 19, 2015 at 4:08 PM

We are looking at taking the metro E line to the train station. What is the overall experience taking this metro? Are there many stairs, or is it fairly easy to get to and from the metro?

more
    • Blakium's Profile Photo

Going to the beach in Lisbon

Lisbon Apr 27, 2015 at 10:47 AM

If I'm visiting Lisbon in June, where would it be a nice place to go to the beach, and how? thanks in advance :)

more
    • Marvao to Madrid

Marvão Apr 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM

We are taking a tour which will leave us in Marvao. What is the best way to get from there to Madrid? Is it possible by public transportation? Can cars rented in Portugal be taken into Spain?

Alberta Rose

more
    • Lisbon and day trips

Lisbon May 2, 2015 at 8:45 AM

I'm coming to Lisbon in mid June. I heard that Lisbon is the most beautiful city, but I also want to see other places in Portugal.

My flight is to Lisbon and I'll be landing at 19:30 PM, so I'm thinking to stay in Lisbon for this night. and after I have 7 full days, so this is my plan, tell me if it's good or should I change anything:
      Day 1 - train from Lisbon-oriente in the morning to Porto (if I take the 7:00 AM train or even 6:09 is it safe to walk alone to oriente?) and staying at a hotel in Porto for the night.
      Day 2 - A bit more of Porto, and then a train to aveiro (I was in Venice, they say it's "little venice") and after another train to Lisbon. from now on each day I stay in Lisbon for the nights.
      Day 3 - exploring Lisbon
      Day 4 - exploring Lisbon
      Day 5 - train to Sintra, cabo da roca and Cascais (can I combine all 3 or even add estoril on the same day??)
      Day 6 - train to Obidos and back to Lisbon
      Day 7 - Another day in Lisbon

Is that doable and a good plan?? Are the trains cheap (for example, how much would it cost to go from Lisbon to Porto both ways?) Is there a 10 strip card or anything to make it cheaper?

Also, I understand that Bairro Alto is the place in Lisbon for the nights. Do you think that it's better to search an hotel there or is it far from center? I saw a cheap hotel in Baixa district... is it center/safe area? Can I go from there to Bairro Alto by walk each night?

Looking for your answers, Thanks in advance!

more
    • RaimondsU's Profile Photo

about thieves & stealing

Lisbon Apr 27, 2015 at 3:19 AM

People talk that Portugal has a lot of thieves who can rob you anywhere.
      Is that something might have changed to ensure safety for tourists?

more
    • Interesting places in Lisbon

Lisbon 16 hours ago

Hello all!
      My name is Irina Kostareva, I'm editor of the Russian travel magazine "Afisha World". Now we are making a list of interesting places in Lisbon from locals. I think you have a favorite place in the city. Could you tell me about only one your favorite place in Lisbon? I need some places (one place from one person) as museums, shops, cafes, parks…

3 Answers 9 hours ago
    • EllenH's Profile Photo

I read hours of questions and answers, thanks Claus.

Portugal May 3, 2015 at 8:48 PM

flying into Porto from ponta Delgado and out of Lisbon. I already have the last 3 nights booked in Lisbon at grapes and bites ( pretty excited) planning on a couple nights in Porto. have books, have internet, have info on Douro valley stuff, but not sure how to spend those days in between. no car here, have one for five days on sau Miguel. I really do not think after the Azores we need beach stuff. (we tend to like the warm water anyway) wine and port, well yes. history and ruins, yes. beautiful scenery..yes. organized tours not so much unless very low key. Anthony bourdain about to come on tv on Lisbon! yes I know 1000 people have pages on Portugal. most of all vt pages are boring facts I can get out of a book. I am sure there are great ones but not necessarily the top ones or what I want.the questions actually gave me the most honest answers.

3 Answers 13 hours ago
    • Upmarket bars

Porto May 2, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Can anyone recommend a nice upmarket bar/restaurant to celebrate my 40th birthday? thanks

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Lisbon and day trips

Lisbon May 2, 2015 at 8:45 AM

I'm coming to Lisbon in mid June. I heard that Lisbon is the most beautiful city, but I also want to see other places in Portugal.

My flight is to Lisbon and I'll be landing at 19:30 PM, so I'm thinking to stay in Lisbon for this night. and after I have 7 full days, so this is my plan, tell me if it's good or should I change anything:
      Day 1 - train from Lisbon-oriente in the morning to Porto (if I take the 7:00 AM train or even 6:09 is it safe to walk alone to oriente?) and staying at a hotel in Porto for the night.
      Day 2 - A bit more of Porto, and then a train to aveiro (I was in Venice, they say it's "little venice") and after another train to Lisbon. from now on each day I stay in Lisbon for the nights.
      Day 3 - exploring Lisbon
      Day 4 - exploring Lisbon
      Day 5 - train to Sintra, cabo da roca and Cascais (can I combine all 3 or even add estoril on the same day??)
      Day 6 - train to Obidos and back to Lisbon
      Day 7 - Another day in Lisbon

Is that doable and a good plan?? Are the trains cheap (for example, how much would it cost to go from Lisbon to Porto both ways?) Is there a 10 strip card or anything to make it cheaper?

Also, I understand that Bairro Alto is the place in Lisbon for the nights. Do you think that it's better to search an hotel there or is it far from center? I saw a cheap hotel in Baixa district... is it center/safe area? Can I go from there to Bairro Alto by walk each night?

Looking for your answers, Thanks in advance!

14 Answers Yesterday
    • MariaNunes's Profile Photo

trekking in Flores Island (Açores)

Ilha das Flores Apr 29, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Is it ok to go on trekking on the Flores Island just by yourself (we are 2 friends) or is it advisable to go on with organized programs (if there are any)?

1 Answer Apr 29, 2015 at 3:54 PM
    • help needed to create best hen do

Albufeira Apr 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM

We are going on hen do I'm wanting to know if anyone can recommend male strip clubs things to do etc

1 Answer Apr 29, 2015 at 6:44 AM
    • Blakium's Profile Photo

Going to the beach in Lisbon

Lisbon Apr 27, 2015 at 10:47 AM

If I'm visiting Lisbon in June, where would it be a nice place to go to the beach, and how? thanks in advance :)

8 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Taxis numbers

Ilha de Tavira Apr 27, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Anyone got a taxi number they'd recommend in Cabanas de Tavira. Also, any idea the cost of taxi to/from Tavira to Cabanas?

Cheers

2 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 3:53 AM
    • RaimondsU's Profile Photo

about thieves & stealing

Lisbon Apr 27, 2015 at 3:19 AM

People talk that Portugal has a lot of thieves who can rob you anywhere.
      Is that something might have changed to ensure safety for tourists?

16 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 3:56 PM
    • Public transport to Lagoa do Fogo

Ponta Delgada Apr 25, 2015 at 3:22 AM

Hello,

We (2 people in their 20s) will be going to Sao Miguel in a week. We don't have a driving license and want to use public transport as much as possible. I found a lot of interesting places on the bus map but there is one place I can't find - the Lagoa do Fogo. Is there a bus stop within walking distance to it? Even if we have to walk 1 hour that would still bring us closer.

We will staying at the Bahia Palace in Agua Alta. I read that there's a hiking trail from the hotel to Lagoa do Fogo from there but it takes 4 hours.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Apr 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM
    • Transport in Quiaios

Quiaios Apr 22, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Is there a bus service between Quiaios and Figueira de Foz?

3 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 6:23 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Stairs going from airport to train station

Porto Apr 19, 2015 at 4:08 PM

We are looking at taking the metro E line to the train station. What is the overall experience taking this metro? Are there many stairs, or is it fairly easy to get to and from the metro?

5 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 10:24 AM
    • marca's Profile Photo

Getting from Estremoz to Lisbon

Estremoz Apr 14, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Is there a rail station in Estremoz? I am having difficulty finding Estremoz as a station on the EuroRailway web site.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM
    • deemoss's Profile Photo

crossing the Douro

Porto Apr 14, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Can you advise please how much it cost to use the boat to cross from Vila nova de Gaia, can you buy it combined with bus passes?

thanks in Advance!
      Pode informar agradar quanto custou para usar o barco para atravessar de Vila Nova de Gaia , você pode comprá-lo combinado com passes de ônibus ?

desde já, obrigado!

4 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 1:55 AM
    • Boat tour to see fireworks St. John festival

Porto Apr 9, 2015 at 8:16 AM

We are spending three days on ave. dos aliados area for St. John festival. My husband is somewhat limited in walking for hours and hours. We have heard there are boats you can go on to watch the fireworks that night. Can you suggest companies or where to obtain information so we can make a reservation. Thank you. ALSO any information on things we MUST SEE AND DO

2 Answers May 2, 2015 at 10:39 AM
    • Boat trip options from Regua to Porto?

Peso da Régua Apr 7, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,
      As the organizer of a small family reunion trip (9 people; all around sixty years) I was thinking of planning a trip on Wednesday 22 April. Leaving Porto in the morning by train we would arrive late morning in Regua. We would like to travel back by boat - preferably a small /private boat - to Porto. Is this a good plan? What are the options and costs?
      Your help would be very much appreciated. Kindest regard, Joseph.

3 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 6:09 AM
    • Marvao to Madrid

Marvão Apr 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM

We are taking a tour which will leave us in Marvao. What is the best way to get from there to Madrid? Is it possible by public transportation? Can cars rented in Portugal be taken into Spain?

Alberta Rose

9 Answers Apr 11, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    • Naturist walks

Algarve Apr 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Thinking of visiting the Algarve later this year. We love to do naturist walks along the beaches, cliff tops. Can suggestions be made of the best places, please.

8 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 5:08 AM
    • Aveiro Luggage storage

Aveiro Apr 2, 2015 at 1:34 AM

Hi, may I know if there are any cafe/hotel available for luggage storage for a few hours, so that I can travel around the city for an afternoon? Thank you.

1 Answer Apr 2, 2015 at 2:21 AM
    • littlesam1's Profile Photo

Day trips in northern Portugal

Portugal Mar 31, 2015 at 12:15 PM

We are planning a trip to Portugal. We will be in the Lisbon/Cascais for most of the time. But we do want to spend a few days in Northern Portugal also. If we decide to spend several days in Porto how easy or difficult will it be to take a day trip Viana do Castelo. We most likely will not be renting a car but want to use public transportation, either a train or a bus.

9 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 4:51 AM
    • Iris2680's Profile Photo

Driving from Lisbon to Southern spain on a 9 days trip

Lisbon Mar 29, 2015 at 8:53 AM

We are flying to Lisbon and intends to rent a car from Lisbon airport. After 3 days, we will drive to Seville, then to Cordoba,Granada and finally Malaga where we will fly off from Malaga airport.
      1) Will there be any difficult issues we would face if we rent a car from Lisbon to drive into Southern spain?
      2) Is it true that the toll charges in Portugal are very high?
      3) Any advice on hotels we should be staying if we are driving? Is it really very difficult to park if we intend to stay in the city center?
      4) Any recommendation of a reliable car rental company from Lisbon? Does the rented car come with GPS in English language?
      Any other tips/advice on driving from Lisbon to Southern spain is much appreciated.

6 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 4:05 PM
    • beach train stops?

Costa de Caparica Mar 27, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Hi guys does anyone know if the beach train goes as far as praia de meco. We are staying at Aldeia de meco in august and were thinking of hopping on the wee beach train to go to the beaches further up. Does anyone know if this is possible ta x

3 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 2:49 PM
    • hannette's Profile Photo

3 day visit to Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 25, 2015 at 4:25 AM

What to do & not do in a 3 day visit to Lisboa?
      Obrigado!

3 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 8:31 AM
    • Overnight Parking in Cascais

Cascais Mar 24, 2015 at 12:10 PM

We are considering a property near central Cascais for five nights in September, but it does not have parking. The owner says public parking is available all around the property. I'm a bit nervous about security and availability and cost too. Can someone please give me some advise? Thank you.

3 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Cabanas de Tavira

Ilha de Tavira Mar 23, 2015 at 7:01 AM

We're heading to Cabanas de Tavira for a week end of May and like to walk. I know that we can walk from there to Tavira. I'm wondering if there are any other coastal walks from Cabanas as we won't have a car. I know that at the end of ria Formosa just as it turns up onto ria Fortaleza there's what looks like a dirt track coastal walk through trees. Any one know if its a circular route back to Cabanas or of any other good walks locally?

5 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 5:10 AM
    • Best place to park in Porto

Porto Mar 22, 2015 at 7:49 AM

I'm travelling around Portugal this July and want to visit Porto. I'm going to be in my car, and have heard that parking and driving in Porto isn't that easy. I've looked in to parking on one of the streets near the main football stadium but am unsure if this is the best option? Are there any other alternatives that you recommend- I'm looking to spend probably the whole day in the city. Thanks

2 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • Beckylloyd's Profile Photo

Activities around algarve

Portugal Mar 19, 2015 at 5:25 AM

Hello just booked a holiday to algarve and staying in golden clube cabanas is that close to horse riding and quad biking?

2 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 2:39 AM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Hard Mattresses

Portugal Mar 17, 2015 at 6:41 AM

I'm looking at booking.com for hotels in Porto, for myself alone and then with my husband. One of the advantages of booking.com is that the reviews are by real guests. I've seen several comments about too hard mattresses. I haven't noticed such remarks in other cities, is this really something I have to take care of in Porto?

We're usually taking three star hotels, sometimes less, or apartments, and hadn't problems for many years - but I do remember hotels where it was better to lie on the floor (not in Europe). Meanwhile my hips and my husband's back are getting older.

13 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM
    • deljeffery's Profile Photo

Boat taxis

Foz do Arelho Mar 17, 2015 at 12:15 AM

I will be staying at Foz do Arelho later this year for a family vacation. I see there are a number of restaurants on the southern side of the lagoon and wonder if there is a boat taxi that can transport us across the water?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 5:25 AM
    • Easter week in castelo de vide and surrounding area

Castelo de Vide Mar 16, 2015 at 4:03 AM

What are highlights of Easter week in castelo de vide? Suggestions on residential in the center of activities. What not to miss in this area of allentejo as staying four days.

1 Answer Mar 16, 2015 at 4:15 AM