Travel Answers
Portugal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Anyone time free tomorrow (tuesday afternoon/evening) in Lisbon?

Lisbon Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Hi, I'm visiting Lisbon tomorrow, is there anyone who wants to show me around a bit? Not looking for a touristic tour or anything, just to visit some nice places and nice people and have a bite and some drinks :)

I have a car available and will stay in the Lost Inn Hostel. I'm very passionate about cooking and restaurants so if you feel like going out for a nice dinner I would totally be up for that. I can't afford to pay for everything but a couple of drinks will definitely be on me! I'll be there around 17:00/18:00 local time :)

About myself: 28, Netherlands, working man, visiting a friend near Faro for a couple of days.

Let me know if you feel like it!

more
    • Liquor tasting near Arcos do Cachorro

Ilha do Pico Dec 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I went to a liquor tasting near the Arcos do Cachorro where there were very sweet/strong samples of locally made liquor. I forget the name of the place, wondering if anyone could help?

more
    • Restaurant suggestions in/near Ponta Delgado?

Ponta Delgada Dec 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Do you know the name of the restaurant? Where it's located? We are staying 6 nights in Ponta Delgada and doing the usual tours to Fire Lake, Sete Cidades and Furnas....all with a local tour guide. We hope to visit the tea plantation, as well. We are staying at an apartment hotel on the waterfront near the Marina Atlantico....(Solmar Alojamentos) and would love to know which restaurants we might try when we are eating near the hotel or in the old part of town. Any ideas?

more
    • Place to Store Luggage ?

Aveiro Dec 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hi All...I would be Travelling to Portugal Post christmas and would like to know if there is any option to keep luggage in Aveiro for half day so that i can head back to Lisbon. Its bit to explore the city along with the bags.

Any help is much appreciated.

ManyThanks,
      Sadha

more
    • Taxis outside the railwat station in Vila Real San Antonio.

Vila Real de Santo António Dec 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I will be arriving at VRSA Railway station next Monday afternoon and will need a taxi to Hotel Apolo.
      Do taxis wait outside the station when the trains from Faro arrive?

more
    • Traveling alone

Lisbon Dec 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I am a black female looking to travel to Lisbon alone. Would you say it is safe for me to do so??

more
    • Salamanca to Porto

Portugal Dec 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I've been researching the train and bus options to get from Salamanca to Porto. It seems that the train requires a transfer and the bus (ALSA) only has one departure a day. Any other options to get from one city to the other?
      Thank you.

more
    • Information required for this city

Lisbon Dec 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I last visited Lisbon over 30 years ago so it would have changed dramatically.
      1. I would like to get from the airport to a hotel in Lisbon city centre by train or bus. Which one do you recommend and what are the costs?
      2. I am looking for a decent three star hotel, comfortable but as we will be out and about all the time a clean hotel for sleeping. Can you recommend a reasonably priced one that enable my wife and I to get around.
      3. I have heard that the areas across the Tagus are dirty and rundown as well as the ferries. Is this the case or not? I remember going across the river and eating at some very nice restaurants. Is it recommended to visit this area or not?
      4. I am taking the overnight train from Lisbon to Madrid. How far is the main train station from the city centre?
      5. When is the best time to book this train and what are the costs of tickets? We will be visiting Lisbon inlate September 2015.

more
    • Restaurant suggestions in/near Ponta Delgado?

Ponta Delgada Dec 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Do you know the name of the restaurant? Where it's located? We are staying 6 nights in Ponta Delgada and doing the usual tours to Fire Lake, Sete Cidades and Furnas....all with a local tour guide. We hope to visit the tea plantation, as well. We are staying at an apartment hotel on the waterfront near the Marina Atlantico....(Solmar Alojamentos) and would love to know which restaurants we might try when we are eating near the hotel or in the old part of town. Any ideas?

2 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    • Salamanca to Porto

Portugal Dec 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I've been researching the train and bus options to get from Salamanca to Porto. It seems that the train requires a transfer and the bus (ALSA) only has one departure a day. Any other options to get from one city to the other?
      Thank you.

12 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • Anyone time free tomorrow (tuesday afternoon/evening) in Lisbon?

Lisbon Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Hi, I'm visiting Lisbon tomorrow, is there anyone who wants to show me around a bit? Not looking for a touristic tour or anything, just to visit some nice places and nice people and have a bite and some drinks :)

I have a car available and will stay in the Lost Inn Hostel. I'm very passionate about cooking and restaurants so if you feel like going out for a nice dinner I would totally be up for that. I can't afford to pay for everything but a couple of drinks will definitely be on me! I'll be there around 17:00/18:00 local time :)

About myself: 28, Netherlands, working man, visiting a friend near Faro for a couple of days.

Let me know if you feel like it!

• Traveling alone

Lisbon Dec 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I am a black female looking to travel to Lisbon alone. Would you say it is safe for me to do so??

11 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • Place to Store Luggage ?

Aveiro Dec 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hi All...I would be Travelling to Portugal Post christmas and would like to know if there is any option to keep luggage in Aveiro for half day so that i can head back to Lisbon. Its bit to explore the city along with the bags.

Any help is much appreciated.

ManyThanks,
      Sadha

2 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 1:28 AM
    • Taxis outside the railwat station in Vila Real San Antonio.

Vila Real de Santo António Dec 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I will be arriving at VRSA Railway station next Monday afternoon and will need a taxi to Hotel Apolo.
      Do taxis wait outside the station when the trains from Faro arrive?

2 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • Liquor tasting near Arcos do Cachorro

Ilha do Pico Dec 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I went to a liquor tasting near the Arcos do Cachorro where there were very sweet/strong samples of locally made liquor. I forget the name of the place, wondering if anyone could help?

• Information required for this city

Lisbon Dec 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I last visited Lisbon over 30 years ago so it would have changed dramatically.
      1. I would like to get from the airport to a hotel in Lisbon city centre by train or bus. Which one do you recommend and what are the costs?
      2. I am looking for a decent three star hotel, comfortable but as we will be out and about all the time a clean hotel for sleeping. Can you recommend a reasonably priced one that enable my wife and I to get around.
      3. I have heard that the areas across the Tagus are dirty and rundown as well as the ferries. Is this the case or not? I remember going across the river and eating at some very nice restaurants. Is it recommended to visit this area or not?
      4. I am taking the overnight train from Lisbon to Madrid. How far is the main train station from the city centre?
      5. When is the best time to book this train and what are the costs of tickets? We will be visiting Lisbon inlate September 2015.

13 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 2:34 AM
    • Intercontinental Hotel; Rossio Garden Hotel

Lisbon Nov 21, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Is either of the above hotels anywhere near the Altis Grand? I think the first one was recently renamed the Intercontinental but I don't know what it was called before that.

4 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • Marrano Jewish towns in Portugal

Portugal Nov 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM

I recently got interested in Marrano / Converso Jewish history. I will be going to Portugal in May and would like to visit several of the major towns that "claim" or seem to have Marrano Jews.
      Has anyone been to these places and can share some info?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 5:41 AM
    • Lisboa to la linea spain

Lisbon Nov 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

What is the cheapest way to go to La linea in Spain from Lisboa?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • anaanes's Profile Photo

How much time is needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

Tomar Nov 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

How much time is needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

4 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM

How much time is needed to visit Mosteiro de Alcobaça?

Alcobaça Nov 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

How much time is needed to visit Mosteiro de Alcobaça?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 11:02 AM

How much time is needed to visit Mosteiro da Batalha?

Batalha Nov 11, 2014 at 8:30 AM

How much time is needed to visit Mosteiro da Batalha?

6 Answers Nov 16, 2014 at 2:33 AM
    • planning my trip

Lisbon Nov 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi, im planning a 14 day trip starting from 17th nov. ! 1 week for lisbon & 1 Week for other European countries ( 3 days Spain, 2 days France & probably 1 day for Belgium)

Since Time will be crucial. I want to enjoy the max checkin out the coolest places & doing gud shopping. Can anyone guide me pls??
      Cheers

12 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    • Wine Tour in Portugal

Portugal Nov 7, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Hello
      I'm going to Portugal next month. I took this decision because I have read several articles about Wine tourism in Portugal and I have good references. The Wine Spectator and Decanter magazine has fantastic information about Portuguese wines.
      I was advised to make my reservations on the site winetourismportugal.com that I consider very complete but I have a question, which region should I visit? Douro or Alentejo? My friends also spoke about Setubal region.
      Anyone help?

19 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
    • deemoss's Profile Photo

Braga, Guimares or Geres (one night only)

Braga Nov 6, 2014 at 5:01 AM

hi I am surprising my partner on a holiday in portugal next summer, and have a day or max 2 to play around with north of Porto. I am thinking Guimares Geres or Braga? and I know two are cities and the other a town, however, I am finding it hard to choose which. My only concern is Geres is it very steep as partner not great with that stuff , thanks in Advance

13 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • 1 day in Lisbon

Lisbon Nov 4, 2014 at 9:22 AM

good day
      can someone please help me with organising a day trip to Lisbon on November 7, 2014.
      i am arriving at 6 PM and was planning to rent a car for 15 euros at airport. however, i noticed that there is a metrop for less than 2 euros. which would be best?
      i am staying at olissippo Marques Sa hotel and leaving Lisbon on november 8, 2014 at 11 AM.
      do i really need that car rental (since excess for 1 day is 1000 euros).
      what activities should i do? please assist me with suggesting me what to do and where to go? first time in the island... thanks

21 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    • 1 day in Ponte Delgada

Ponta Delgada Nov 4, 2014 at 9:20 AM

good day
      can someone please help me with organising a day trip to Ponte Delgada on November 6, 2014.
      i am arriving at 7 Am and was planning to rent a car for 27 euros at airport. however, i noticed that there is a roundtrip shuttle at 5 euros. which would be best?
      i am staying at canadiano hotel and leaving ponte delgada on november 7, 2014 at 3 PM.
      do i really need that car rental (since excess for 1 day is 800 euros).
      what activities should i do? please assist me with suggesting me what to do and where to go? first time in the island... thanks

5 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • jgoncalo's Profile Photo

Porto - Montreal (2 Stops) - 16 year old minor

Porto Nov 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Hello. I'm flying from Porto to Montreal with 2 stops in Frankfurt and London Heathrow on December 17th. I'm 16 years-old, I have a Portuguese passport and I'm flying all alone! I've never flew alone in a flight with so many stops... the only time I flew alone was from Porto to Paris and it was quite simple (I didn't even need to go through passport control or anything).

• My flight from Porto to Frankfurt departs at 6AM and arrives at Frankfurt at 09H50 AM (Germany, GMT +1).
      • My second flight, departs from Frankfurt at 11AM and arrives in London at 11H45 AM.
      • My flight which will take me to my final destination departs from London at 1PM and arrives in Montreal at 3H25 PM.

All the connection flight are made at the same terminal. In Frankfurt it's in Terminal 1 and in London Heathrow it's in Terminal 2 and I only have 1h10-1h15. I'm flying with Lufthansa but London-Montreal is operated by Air Canada. I bought this fligh in a travel agency and I have a Lufthansa frequent flyer card.

I'm kinda nervous about having to do this, I've been on a flight with stops and connections so I'm a total beginner. Do I have enough time to connect between my flights? Where will I have to show my passport and go through security (since I've been told I don't need to go through customs from Porto to Frankfurt)? What if I lose a connection flight because of a delay or because I didn't have enough time to go through passport control and get to the gate? As a minor I'm quite nervous. Should I warn the flight attendant before I land in case I'm late for the next flight?

Thanks in advance!

8 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Veggie Food

Tavira Oct 20, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Any suggestions where serves proper veggie food rather than just salads?

Many thanks

• Night life in March

Albufeira Oct 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM

What is the nightlife like on the strip the beginning of March ?

4 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 1:27 AM
    • Children of the wheel

Câmara de Lobos Oct 14, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I have been told that many years ago (1800s), unwanted children were left at the hospital/convents in Camara de Lobos and often got the last name of 'de Camara'. How can I verify this? I have several people in my lineage from Camara de Lobos, Madeira with this last name who also have 1 parent or none listed on their baptism certificates.
      thanks

3 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Romantic restaurant

Ericeira Oct 14, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Hi friends.

My and my girlfriend are staying in Ericeira for a night, to celebrate a special date for us.

Do you know of any romantic restaurant we can go for dinner on this special occasion?

Thanks in advance,
      José

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • prices & live music

Albufeira Oct 14, 2014 at 7:40 AM

we are going to albufeira on mon 20/10/2014 next,just wondering how much the prices are for beer & spirits this time of year and is the resort still quite busy? we like to go places with live music,is it too late in the season for this?

many thanks

4 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 6:00 AM
    • Scenic Route needed for Motorcycle Ride

Portugal Oct 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Hello, my husband's dream is to rent a BMW and ride somewhere beautiful while on our honeymoon. We will be staying in Lisbon and Porto. Any scenic smaller roads that would be beautiful and fun to ride? We will have all day and would hope to make some stops and explore along the way. Thank you for your direction!

3 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Travel plan in Portugal

Portugal Oct 10, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Hi,
      I am planning a travel to Portugal in February.
      I would like to hear about places where should be visited as 'must' .Culture,history and nature are our priority expectations from a travel but as I am planning to get my nephews at age of 14 and 10 to this travel, I prefer to hear places that would attract them also.
      According to these information I would plan my route and make plane-hotel-car reservations.
      If anyone send their experience and advice about hotel names and flamenco shows, I would be glad.
      Thanks a lot
      Regards,

11 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • POorto to Vigo By Celta train

Porto Oct 1, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hi,
      I was trying to book our trip from Porto To Vigo on the night train, but were Unable to do it.
      The departure place is fine, comes up in the computer, however the destination is not listed among the choices
      Please help!!! I followed the link you provided, but was not able to book
      Thanks again!!!

4 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    • Lisbon to Santiago De Compostela

Lisbon Sep 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I'm looking for train transportation from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela next month
      Can someone help me?
      Thank you !!

6 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    • Derribong's Profile Photo

Metro tickets.

Porto Sep 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Will be travelling from the airport in Porto by Metro to Trinidade station then next day from there to Train Station Campanha. Do i buy single tickets or can i buy a 24 hr ticket for the 2 journeys ?

6 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 7:52 AM