Portugal Travel Answers

change location
anonxxx's Profile Photo

fly from NL to Porto, back from Faro to NL single flights, or buy a return ticket from NL to Lisbon?

by anonxxx Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 3:50 AM

hi there I am planning a trip to portugal, from the netherlands; I want to travel from Porto, via Lisbon, to Faro; can you advise me: should I fly to Porto, and back from Faro to the Nehterlands (which is somehow expensive, because 2 single flights) or is it better I fly to and from Lisbon (return trip is cheap) and take a bus or train to Porto and on the end of my journey from Faro to Lisbon? thank you for your time, warm regards, Joan

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: fly from NL to Porto, back from Faro to NL single flights, or buy a return ticket from NL to Lisbon?

by cgf Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 3:59 AM

try Meer bestemmingen - Multiple destinations when you book, an open jaw tickets cost less than two single one.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: fly from NL to Porto, back from Faro to NL single flights, or buy a return ticket from NL to Lisbon?

by cubsur Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 4:19 AM

It may be worth your while flying in and out of Lisbon if the overall cost is lower and if you wish to visit the different regions. Internal travel in Portugal is not expensive. To go by train between Lisbon and Porto will cost about €30 one way; between Lisbon and Faro is about €22. In both cases the journey takes approx 3 hours.The price is slightly different according to which train you take. There are sometimes cheaper promotional tickets for certain trains. Bus travel is slightly slower but less expensive.

• solopes's Profile Photo

by solopes Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 4:33 AM

To give you the best answer we should know how many days do you have to each city, and your plans in them and around them. Train is good, but bus is cheaper (20 € each leg) only for a few more minutes, entering towns, and more flexible if you want to see something in the way. Check http://www.rede-expressos.pt

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM

sometime taking a not direct flight to Porto or Faro via Lisbon could be cheaper than stopping the trip at Lisbon.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Portugal Travel Answer Locations