Portsmouth

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • An Evening Out

by RobertpH Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Night clubs are defined as glorified Bars/Discos where to be honest over 55 yo are not the norm.
      Is there a club venue in Portsmouth where you can go have a meal a caberet or some entertainment/ dancing / music where I would enjoy and not feel like the oldest swinger in town??

• EveW's Profile Photo

Girlie time in portsmouth

by EveW Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM

My 3 daughters and i want to spend a girlie day in portsmouth. Not just shopping. We are all adults with ages ranging from a pregnant 26 year old to a disabled 58 year old. Can you please suggest anything?

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM
    • TomS145's Profile Photo

Things to do in portsmouth with a big schoolgroup on a budget

by TomS145 Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 5:59 AM

We're planning a schooltrip to the UK, Portsmouth is the first city we're visiting, because we have our host families there for our students (age 14-15). We're trying to plan a full day in Portsmouth (a monday in March) and we're wondering what we could do and see on a budget, preferably free at charge. All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    • HMS Victory

by everguard8888 Online Now Sep 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

My wife and I are traveling from Canada to Windsor in Oct. to pick up a river cruiser to go up and down the Thames River. We are also planning to go to Portsmouth to see HMS Victory. I am building a wood model of this ship and wanted to see the real one. Victory is going through a 10 year restoration and the top masts have been removed and I am trying to find out how much of the ships rigging is still in place. I emailed the HMS Victory people but have not received any replies. Actual current photos would be great if you have them. Thanks. Ron

6 Answers Oct 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    • hello evrybody :)

by rimzammouri Online Now Jun 25, 2011 at 4:03 PM

hii
      im going to visit portsmouth soon , at the beginning of july
      i want to know about the weather , temperature..can we swim & sunbath?
      im looking also for cheap places for shopping, what about discount if possible,
      also interresting places to visit ect..
      thxx & see u soon :)

17 Answers Jun 26, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    • KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

Spaces in Portsmouth Ferry Carp park at peak times

by KakapoTheParrot Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I'm thinking of going to France for a few days in the May half term holiday from Portsmouth. I don't intend taking my car to France so expect to leave it at the ferry terminal and travel as foot passengers.

I can accept the cost of the on-site car parking, but I wonder whether the car park ever gets full? We'll be arriving *early* morning after a 3 hour dash down to the ferry so it would be a pain if we arrived and found it full. There seems to be no concept of pre-booking a space.

2 Answers Mar 6, 2011 at 4:21 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

A day in Emsworth Thursday 27th January 2011

by jonathanbarker Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Hello, I am meeting a friend in Havant and we plan to walk the coast to Emsworth, as we're both real ale fans we like to sample the beer, but also like good English food. Can anyone please recommend good places to visit. We're both interested in history, culture and architecture. I have found out some interesting facts about Emsworth, and some of its "celebraties"
      Any suggestions gratefully appreciated please?
      Jonathan

1 Answer Jan 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM
    • I need a taxi /cab from Portsmouth Harbour Train Station to....

by laninabonita Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Is there any cab at the train station? how can I recognise legal cabs from the ilegal ones? Is there any taxi's web sites or numbers?

4 Answers Jul 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    • MrsPeel's Profile Photo

Portsmouth for a day in JUne...

by MrsPeel Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Hi guys :)

We are going to board a Bilbao mini cruise in Portsmouth second week of June, so I have a few questions, if anyone who is a local has any info, I would be really greatful.

First of all, how is the weather suppose to be in June?
      Is it worth to pay a night B&B to spend the night and then tour Portsmouth the day after?

we booked National Express from London & back, because when I went to have a look at the trainline info, the train return was gonna cost us per person almost as much as the whole cruise costs (cruise + meals £110 per person- train return almost £80 per person)
      The National Express ended up costing £9.50 per person, as they have special prices for registered disabled and my daughter is a teen, what I am trying to establish is that we are in low budget, so, if a B&B costs more than £50 a night I would have to pass...

I didn't think Portsmouth would have much to offer but coming here to read about the weather I see it can be an interesting place to look around?
      I'm not in a wheelchair but have mobility problems, but someone here in the forum mentioned tours, again, if anyone has info on this, would be grateful :)

Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Apr 20, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    • tathraman's Profile Photo

One day in July....

by tathraman Online Now Mar 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Our cruise ship docks in Southampton on July 14 from 7am to 9 pm. Our idea is to take a bus to Portsmouth to visit the usual sights and then cross to the Isle of Wight to visit Osborne House, hoping to have time to catch an open top bus for one of the island tours before returning to Southampton. Is it possible to do all this in the time frame without having to rush or cram? Advice will be very much appreciated!

5 Answers Mar 29, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    • MelanieBee's Profile Photo

Parking for Continental Ferries

by MelanieBee Online Now Feb 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Hi,

We are going to St Malo with Brittany Ferries in a couple of months. When we went to Bilbao in 2007 we parked right next door to the ferry terminal and the parking was surprisingly cheap. I checked a couple of the ferry operators' websites and they all point to the same parking company who charge £10 per day! I am assuming that they are talking about the same place we parked before.

Did I park somewhere else last time, or have they increased the prices by a whole lot?

Is there anywhere cheaper than this to safely park our car for 5 days?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Feb 20, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    • Searching for Cheapest Bed and Breakfast HOtels

by samnetra Online Now May 12, 2007 at 7:00 AM

Please suggest me which hotel should i book that i can get it on cheapest rate. I am willing to stay for 1 week in portsmouth,uk

1 Answer May 13, 2007 at 7:22 AM
    • Portsmouth Nightlife

by li_berri1 Online Now Jan 17, 2007 at 5:41 AM

Can anyone suggest some good bars/pubs/nightclub in Portsmouth/Southsea for a HEN weekend, this is for all women obviously of mixed age groups, so looking for somewhere nice and probably a bit cheesy and not too young ?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 26, 2007 at 4:24 AM
    • help i'm lost

by loviibird Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 10:08 PM

please share any info about living in portsmouth. i was thinking about going to school there.

3 Answers Jan 5, 2007 at 9:28 AM
    • Segolily's Profile Photo

Football games?

by Segolily Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 10:34 AM

How would I find out when the team is playing at home?

4 Answers Aug 31, 2006 at 3:53 PM
    • S2000Lee's Profile Photo

Tulip Inn to Port Solent

by S2000Lee Online Now May 29, 2006 at 10:16 AM

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to walk from the Golden Tulip Inn, Portsmouth to Port Solent, ie, within 30 mins walk?

2 Answers Jan 26, 2007 at 4:27 AM
    • debbie1573's Profile Photo

**URGENT**

by debbie1573 Online Now May 25, 2006 at 3:44 AM

I need to find an upmarket Chinese or Vietnamese restaurant in Portmouth within the next couple of hours. Please can anyone help. Want something really nice and exclusive that opens at lunch time.

• Car Boot Sales

by susiegirl Online Now Apr 27, 2006 at 4:21 AM

Hey guys
      Can anyone help me with information about the big car boot sale in portsmouth - i want to go and don't know what time, cost etc
      Thanks a lot :)

1 Answer Apr 27, 2006 at 4:26 AM
    • to get to oxford

by a.n.d.r.e.a Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 3:25 AM

i n eed to know how to get to oxford from portsmouth exactly,

i live close to portsmouth and southsea train station so would prefer to get there by train.

i need to know roughly the prices of a child day/ week return.

can anyone help?

3 Answers Apr 20, 2006 at 3:20 PM
    • Photos of HMS Fawn

by streaky Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 10:45 AM

can any one help, my brother served on the naval castal survey ship HMS Fawn I am trying to get a photo of it for him can any one let me know where it can be purchased

9 Answers Apr 11, 2006 at 2:01 PM
    • Cheap, Nice Accommodations in Portsmouth England

by jenabeat Online Now Jan 9, 2005 at 5:49 PM

Looking for a recommendation on a hotel, guest house or self-catering accomodation in Portsmouth that would be appropriate for a family with two young children. By the sea is preferable. thanks

2 Answers Jan 22, 2005 at 6:09 AM
    • Looking a single room

by sg085 Online Now Jul 8, 2004 at 4:49 PM

hi... I will be enter UK in the end of July, so would like to look for a single room to rent in the Portsmouth area, where i could easily take the public transportation. Anyone have any idea how could I book a room right now and how much will be for renting a room in Portsmouth ;) Thanks for all helps.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2005 at 5:00 AM
    • chimpboy's Profile Photo

Visiting Portsmouth soon

by chimpboy Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 1:35 AM

Any recs on good hotel in Portsmouth? For late june...

1 Answer Jan 18, 2007 at 2:06 AM
    • Portsmouth to Cambridge & Oxford

by karenlin8 Online Now Dec 27, 2003 at 6:42 AM

hi all, May I know how to get to Cambridge & Oxford from Portsmouth.Thank You!

2 Answers Dec 31, 2003 at 12:29 PM
    • Weather in Ports mouth

by rahulagg84 Online Now Sep 16, 2003 at 5:39 AM

hi , i will be travelling to portsmouth in october . what kind of weather can i expect below 10 C ?

3 Answers Sep 16, 2003 at 9:28 AM
    • Waoife's Profile Photo

Portsmouth for New Year

by Waoife Online Now Dec 19, 2002 at 3:04 AM

I have a choice - I'm working in Portsmouth over new year and can either go home on the night 31 Dec and return early 2 Jan or stay put. If I stay in Portsmouth will there be anything to do on New Years Day or would I be better off going home and staying in Portsmouth for a w/e later in Jan?

1 Answer Dec 19, 2002 at 3:35 AM