Portsmouth Travel Answers

change location
KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

Spaces in Portsmouth Ferry Carp park at peak times

by KakapoTheParrot Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I'm thinking of going to France for a few days in the May half term holiday from Portsmouth. I don't intend taking my car to France so expect to leave it at the ferry terminal and travel as foot passengers.

I can accept the cost of the on-site car parking, but I wonder whether the car park ever gets full? We'll be arriving *early* morning after a 3 hour dash down to the ferry so it would be a pain if we arrived and found it full. There seems to be no concept of pre-booking a space.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Spaces in Portsmouth Ferry Carp park at peak times

by ranger49 Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 4:03 AM

It looks as though the onsite carparks are mostly operated by the ferry operators. There are details of longterm parking charges on the Brittany ferries link below.

brittany-ferries.co.uk/infor...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Spaces in Portsmouth Ferry Carp park at peak times

by ranger49 Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 4:21 AM

My husband has reminded me that there are several NCP car parks in Portsmouth close to the ferry terminal.

The closest one seems to be at Market way 0.7 of a mile, 2 minutes walk according to the website. Probably need to phone about advance booking - I could not see anything on the site.

ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park.ht... &e= &via='+via#Portsmouth, UK+Harbour Way, Portsmouth PO2 8, UK

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines