Portsmouth Travel Answers

change location

Cheap, Nice Accommodations in Portsmouth England

by jenabeat Online Now Jan 9, 2005 at 5:49 PM

Looking for a recommendation on a hotel, guest house or self-catering accomodation in Portsmouth that would be appropriate for a family with two young children. By the sea is preferable. thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • carlrea's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap, Nice Accommodations in Portsmouth England

by carlrea Online Now Jan 10, 2005 at 5:26 PM

I personally do not know of any hotels in Portsmouth however try www.2stay.com this is a great website and whenever i travel in the UK i use this site as you can get a price and also see the insides of the rooms before you book on some of them Carl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Cheap, Nice Accommodations in Portsmouth England

by doctorzogg Online Now Jan 22, 2005 at 6:09 AM

A great area to stay in Portsmouth is Old Portsmouth. This is the historic part of the city. There are a couple of good B&Bs around. Try the Sally Port Inn (023) 9282 1860 which is a pub too (but generally a quiet one). There is also Fortitude Cottage and Sailmakers Loft in the same area. I dont know too much about them though, but the locations are great! visitportsmouth.co.uk/somewh... lists hotels etc in the area. I wouldnt stay in the Craneswater Area (too dull, though close to the beach), and stay away from the Osbourne Road/Southsea are as it is full of late night revellers! The link below shows you where Old Portsmouth is multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?... public&X=462500.000001264&Y=100000.888162797 &width=700&height=400&gride=463081.000001264 &gridn=99276.8881627967&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db= GB&addr1=&addr2=broad+street&addr3=portsmouth&pc =&advanced=true&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap= &table=&ovtype=&zm=1&scale=25000 Matt

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines