Portovenere Travel Answers

change location

VRBO apt rating

by nalling Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I am wondering if any one has stayed at unit 74844 a Vacation Rental By Owner apartment? If so please indicate your level of satisfaction with the stay.
Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: VRBO apt rating

by goodfish Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hi - just curious: there are quite a number of reviews from previous guests on the VRBO website. Why do you ask?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: VRBO apt rating

by mccalpin Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I have not been to this apartment, although it looks like I have driven by it.

From the photos, it looks like it is east of the city center on Via Olivo, facing the Isola Palmaria across the water from Portovenere.

I found all the reviews perfectly believable as to the location and the ease of walking to restaurants and the city center - along Via Olivo, there is a string of bars and restaurants just east of the center...and, of course, in the center on the water there are more restaurants with fish and whatnot caught just that morning and brought in from the docks a few feet away.

Note: if you don't have a car, you really do want to take advantage of the owner's offer of a free pick up at the station. By public transportation, it's a walk to the bus from the station (I don't think the bus to Portovenere has a stop at the station, but somewhere else in the center), then at least 30 minutes on the bus out to Portovenere...and you won't have any idea where to get off anyway ;-). But if you have a car, her having a garage is great - just be sure you can drive a manual transmission, because for the most part, that's what they rent in Italy...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines