change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fasterdog's Profile Photo

typical plan for Cinque Terre

Riomaggiore Aug 13, 2015 at 10:33 PM

I am hoping to go to Cinque Terre in October.

Does anyone have any advice for the trip, things to do, things to avoid?

Also would 2 days be sufficient (I know this depends on the person, but I mean enough time to do some of the walks and to see the 5 villages). How long do most people stay in Cinque Terre?

Also, what are good walks to do, any details of where they start and finish?

Finally, there is some good guidance on the site already, but anything more on accommodation would be good too.

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Visit to Cinque Terre in October

Riomaggiore Aug 23, 2015 at 1:23 PM

I am hoping to visit Cinque Terre in late October this year. I have checked the climate, and it looks like the weather should be okay.

I'm not so sure about whether the trails will all be open and I would expect that the boats to the villages will probably not be running. And the restaurants, and so on, will they be open? Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

more
    • public transportation in italy

by lauriecrotty Online Now Jul 20, 2015 at 9:32 AM

how can i use public transportation to tour from portofino to cinque terre to lucca?

1 Answer Jul 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • Cooking class

by Rhonda10 Online Now May 10, 2015 at 7:03 AM

can anyone recommend a 1/2 day cooking class in or near Portofino, Italy.

Thanks, we will be there in early October!

Rhonda

• dress code

by valw20 Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 1:13 PM

How do young women dress in the spring time?

4 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 3:19 AM
    • LouiseR21's Profile Photo

portofino to cinque terre

by LouiseR21 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 7:06 PM

hi there , what is the best way to get to the cinque terre area from portofino at the end of July ?

cheers, Louise

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    • diana marina to portofino by bus, train or boat

by biggrantcorner Online Now May 25, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Is there anybody out there who could help us. We are going to Diana Marina in August and wish to take a day trip to Portofino by public transport as we have been led to believe driving our own cars is not really an option and you won't see the best of the countryside. We are willing to travel by bus, train or boat and need to do it all in one day. Has anyone ever taken this trip or has anyone advice on the best way to do it with approximate prices.
      Thanks for your help.

4 Answers May 29, 2014 at 3:56 AM
    • 1 or 2 nights?

by ameira Online Now May 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM

We have a limited amount of time to spend "on the road" in Italy. Should we spend 1 or 2 nights in Portofino? If we spend 2 nights there we would have to drive straight to Siena. If we spend 1 night we would be able to stop for a night outside Lucca.

2 Answers May 21, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    • Snorkeling

by lkgavin Online Now May 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Can anyone tell me if there's snorkeling available around Portofino, and if so is it worth it?
      Also, can you rent snorkeling gear?

1 Answer May 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    • Cafes in Portofino

by deshie Online Now May 5, 2014 at 4:52 AM

Is there a cafe in Portofino where I can get a coffee and a cake at a reasonable price?
      Will I have to pay to sit down and if so how much?

3 Answers May 5, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • driving to cinque terre

by althead Online Now May 2, 2014 at 4:48 AM

hi we want to do nice, monte carlo, portofino cinque terre and genoa what's the best route and how?

4 Answers May 3, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • Italian Riviera

by heralds Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 9:58 AM

We are staying in Riomaggiore (Cinque Tere) from 9/27/14 thru 9/30/14. I understand there is ferry service between the 2 areas. Is that the best method of travel? We will NOT have a car. How do I obtain a ferry schedule and do I need tickets in advance?

4 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 4:05 AM
    • Day in Florence.

by Rhee620 Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We will be in Portofino end of April. A friend has asked us to meet him in Florence for the day if we could ..Is there a way to do this from Portofino? How long would it take to get there? How late can would we be able to return? Thanks for any feedback.

2 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Weather in Portofino

by ceyef Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM

What's the weather like in Portofino?

3 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    • amsor's Profile Photo

how can I go to Pf from Genua ?

by amsor Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I forgot to ask
      should I rent a car ?
      or go by public Transport ?

4 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • amsor's Profile Photo

how long should I stay ?

by amsor Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I shall be going to Genua in Dezember.
      Is Portofino a fulldaytrip or halfday is enough ?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

Day trip from Genoa to Portofino and 5 Terre in the same day...it is posible?

by diana_renou Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Hi everybody!! I will spend 5 days in Genoa next June 2014. I would like to visit Portofino and 5 Terre (a day trip) and my question is if it is a good idea or not .I travel by public transportation because I dont like to drive.

Another question: If I have 5 days in Genoa it is enought time to visit Genoa and to do 2days trips (one to Portofino and 5 Terre and the other to Turin (Torino). What do you think about? It is to much to do in 5 days? Many thanks for any advice!!

9 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    • Daily trip from Florence to Pisa than Portofino

by kerkilman Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Hi, We will be there end of July at Florence with our friends and we are plannig to make daily trip to Pisa than Portofino. I would be pleased if you inform us for the easiest/common ways for this trip with the details. Becuse we could not find healthy info either Trenitalia (departure time) or somewhere (forums) else.On the otherhand If it is not possible for one day we will also able to change tour plan directly from Florence to Portofino. Waiting your kind help!Thank you in advance..

12 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM
    • Locate pottery shop Portofino hand painted scenes

by CPenta Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I am trying to find pottery shop that makes ceramics painted with Portofino scenes. Delfino restaurant has these as table decorations. Some are egg shaped and some are tree shaped. I was there in September of 2009. I want to buy a piece of the pottery as a remembrance of my trip.

2 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    • Day trip to Portofino

by JNord Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Can i go from Milan to Portofino and back by train in 1 day and see much of Portofino? What is the best way to get there from Milan?

4 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    • cemocem's Profile Photo

Cinque Terre by Train

by cemocem Online Now Mar 13, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Hi,
      I am trying to find out the train or bus schedules between Portofino and Cinque Terre villages. Is it possible to go between Portofino and Cinque Terre? Is it enough one day for them?

9 Answers Mar 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    • Northern Italy first timer

by carrie.sherrill Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 9:51 AM

2 65yo ladies looking for clean budget place to stay near portofino.80 per day max...any ideas. Our 1st ime in Italy!

5 Answers Sep 9, 2011 at 1:16 AM
    • Visiting Portofino in January

by Gilis Online Now Jan 9, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Hi!

planning to fly to Portofino by the end of January. Just wondering if although it's winter its still possible to sightseeing Specifically
      (1) are the walking trails closed;
      (2) are ferries are running;
      (3) are pubs and restaurants open

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gil

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM
    • Which is easier to travel to Portofino? from Milan or from Rome?

by Oliviaever Online Now Nov 21, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Hi! I am planning a tour to Italy. I have been to most of the tourist spots like Colosseum, Pisa etc. but want to explore the outskirts this time 'round. I found a toursite covering almost every place I want to go from Sienna, Umbria, Capri, Positano, Pompeii etc. except for Portofino. The agent said I will have to go on my own, either before tour begins or after the tour ends. The tour will start in Milan and end in Rome. Pls. advise me from where should I plan to take my own tour to Portofino...from Milan or from Rome, and are there any local tours to Portofino from Milan or Rome? Any help and reply would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

9 Answers Nov 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    • travelling to portofino from genoa

by barzeev Online Now Aug 28, 2010 at 5:02 AM

will it be worthwhile to rent a car or use other transportation to portofino from genoa airport. we plan to be one week in portofino. how much will it cost to use the ferry? that is to get around cinque terre and the entire area?

3 Answers Aug 28, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    • hotel around portofino

by wendyes Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 4:18 AM

hey everyone

i am curious to know where i can find a hotel to stay close to Portofino yet not have to pay a lot of money for the hotel? All i can find within portofino are quite pricy and the ones outside confuse me since i am not familiar with the surrounding, any suggestion is welcome!

many thanks in advance
      Ozlwm

7 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 1:04 AM
    • Free beach in Portofino

by Kir1304 Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Hi!

Could you tell me is there the free beach in Portofino or somewhere near that place?
      What is the nearest free beach to Portofino Harbour?

Thank you!

4 Answers Jun 15, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    • CASTEL BROWN

by CUPELLI Online Now May 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM

CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME HISTORY ON CASTEL BROWN ? WHEN IT WAS PURCHASE AND WHO IS MR. BROWN ?

2 Answers May 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    • artwork

by janeylee Online Now Jan 26, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I visited Portofino in October. There was a small gift/art shop set back from the pedestrian walkway, on the right when walking up from the harbour. The top of the walkway had bollards restricting traffic access. When I got to the shop it was closed temporarily, in the window there was a large photograph of water running over stones. I would love to know the name of the shop to enquire about the price of the artwork. I know these details are scant but I was only there briefly on a short trip. Please could anyone help?

Jane Lee

1 Answer Jan 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    • Desparately need help

by stephenao Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 3:44 PM

My cruise, Celebrity just gave me a last minute notification that they decided to eliminate the port of call "Portofino" from today till the rest of year due to weather condition. My ship is supposed to arrive at Portofino on 10/26. I felt very devastated wthout visiting this place.

1. Can anybody who are now in Portofino or just been Portofino advise me of the weather condition at Portofino?

2. Anyone know if other crusie liners still sail to Portofino in the rest of October?

Would greatly appreciate your prompt input.

Regards

Stephen

30 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    • Cinque Terre by Train

by aostephen Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Just came up with one quick question. If I take the train to visit the Cinque Terrre, is each train station closed to the waterfront/beach? Is the train route a scenic route?

Would appreciate your feedback

Thanks

8 Answers Sep 23, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    • public transport in Portofino

by stephenao Online Now Sep 4, 2009 at 9:45 AM

For sightseeing, what is the major transport, by boat? by bus or by train? How to ride on those transport? Any website I can visit to get the schedule and fare info? Any scenic spot, you can recommend?

Thank you for your assistance.

Stephen (ao_stephen@yahoo.com

35 Answers Sep 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM